• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hello, I am called Lasair!" Lasair replies to the newcomer with a smile, sweeping her own emerald-green eyes around to gaze upon the new arrival, "Your name is very descriptive of your service. A very efficient idea!"

Bront

The man with the probe
A large halfling pufs a ring of smoke that settles around the head of a St Bernard sitting at his feet with it's legs over it's nose like a smoke halo. "Well met, um, Studius. I'm Cade Jenner."

Cade kicks back and lets Studius get his things settled. He takes a puff from his pipe, and blows out a stream of smoke that briefly resembles a paper with a pen stuck through it. "Bah, need to work on that one." Cade turns to Studius "Ifn ya don't mind me askin, how did ya get yer name? Seems like it'd 'v been a bit embarasin if ya ended up a simple guard. Surely not a common halflin' name if I do say so meself."

Tuzon Thume

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Hello, I am called Lasair!" Lasair replies to the newcomer with a smile, sweeping her own emerald-green eyes around to gaze upon the new arrival, "Your name is very descriptive of your service. A very efficient idea!"

Studious lowers his hand and bows again to Lasair.

"I thank you for the kind words Fine Lady. I was fortunate to be born to a long line of Finescribers and they remain hopeful that I will live up to my given name."

His words and manners seem humble enough but also somewhat rehearsed. There is no indication of a blush or eye contact. His lack of genuineness could be in arrogance.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm..." Lasair says licking her lips a bit uncomfortably, "Your Zivaash is a bit conflicted as it pertains to your bearing. Are you sure you are alright?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Hmm..." Lasair says licking her lips a bit uncomfortably, "Your Zivaash is a bit conflicted as it pertains to your bearing. Are you sure you are alright?"
"Bah, he's probably just nervous at meet'n new people. Take a seat and have a drink lad."

Tuzon Thume

First Post
Rystil Arden said:

Studious checks himself over clearly not understanding what a Zivaash is but instead of asking he answers her question with eye contact this time.

"Naught but weary from the road M'lady. Travelling alone is not always pleasant for us smalls."

He throws a glance towards Cade and bows again to Lasair.

"By your leave M'lady, A waft of fine pipeweed has caught my attention."

He tips an imaginary hat in greeting to Elise, lifts his pack and carries it to wherever Cade is sitting..(likely halfling sized accomodations). He speaks to Cade in the halfling language with a grin.

"'ello cousin! You fill out your feet rather well! Does your dog have a name Mr. Cade Jenner?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Tuzon Thume said:
He tips an imaginary hat in greeting to Elise, lifts his pack and carries it to wherever Cade is sitting..(likely halfling sized accomodations). He speaks to Cade in the halfling language with a grin.

"'ello cousin! You fill out your feet rather well! Does your dog have a name Mr. Cade Jenner?"

Cade responds in Halfling "Aye, tis Alton. A fine mount and companion. But he's a big softie inside" he says and affectionaly scratches the dog behind the ears. Cade takes a final puff from his pipe, and blows a couple more smoke rings before the pipe extinguishes itself, out of weed. He taps it out and puts the pipe away. Alton looks at cade before finaly removing his hands from his nose.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi listens with reverent silence as Lasair explains to her the nuances of life here in this part of the world. When Lasair stops speaking, Tandi smiles. "Thank you Lasair, I'll definately keep that in mind. " Tandi then unconsciously looks to make sure she is not disobeying the local custom of being covered up.

She nods as the new patron comes in and then leans over to whisper in Lasair's ear. "Is it me, or are there a lot of the little folk around here? She then looks up at the newcomer when he finishes introducing himself to the others. "Hello, Studious. My name is Tandi, Tandi d'Lune. A pleasure to meet you." She then turns back to her food, listening to the conversation quietly.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair whispers back to Tandi.*

"There are a lot more here than back where I lived. There were a small number of them, but the little folk do like to eat and, well, the scarcity of food left them mentally unsound, and so they...they began to eat one another...and other people as well. Some of them were twisted by their madness and cannibalism into terrible creatures but the others look just like the ones around here..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads