• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You are quick to bring up talk of thieves when I spoke nothing of it...do you have a guilty conscience? Anything you'd like to speak with us about? Because I certainly do not see halflings as thieves or scoundrels..."

Bront

The man with the probe
Tuzon Thume said:

"Ah that is just the sort of rumors that give the small people a bad reputation. It is wild stories that makes the bigs believe that every other one of us are thieves, scroundrels and liars. Halfers eatin halfers....I don't believe it. Now human's eatin halfers...I could see that! Probably stuffed with an apple in the mouth."
"Far from it lad. The bigs, as you calls em, have no problem callin us equals. I've been treated with all the respect a warrior deserves by the guards here in town. That's like sayin that people think Alton here is any less of a mount than a horse. I'd rather have Alton at my side any day. I know he won't run or panic, and he's a companion as much as a mount ta me."

"You are quick to bring up talk of thieves when I spoke nothing of it...do you have a guilty conscience? Anything you'd like to speak with us about? Because I certainly do not see halflings as thieves or scoundrels..."
"The las is right. Ya aint even answered my question bout yer name. Ya sure do seem ta be a bit jumpy. Though perhaps it's all this talk bout eatin halflin's."

Tuzon Thume

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Studious seems a little taken back by Lasair's accusation.

"I beg your pardon M'lady. I did hear you comment on intolerance. I was merely speaking in generalities and making no accusation on you.

Bront said:
"Far from it lad. The bigs, as you calls em, have no problem callin us equals. I've been treated with all the respect a warrior deserves by the guards here in town. That's like sayin that people think Alton here is any less of a mount than a horse. I'd rather have Alton at my side any day. I know he won't run or panic, and he's a companion as much as a mount ta me."
When Cade comments he turns to face him.

"I have no doubt that is true. I have found the bigs more than charming and fair. I was but attempting to point out the absurdity of the tale. Do you believe it?"

"The las is right. Ya aint even answered my question bout yer name. Ya sure do seem ta be a bit jumpy. Though perhaps it's all this talk bout eatin halflin's."

"Surely you heard me explain my name to the Lady? If not I'll happily repeat it for you. I was fortunate to be born to a long line of Finescribers and they remain hopeful that I will live up to my given name."

He is quiet for a beat and then offers up a comment to continue the conversation.

"You flatter me indeed. Often I've thought of the carefree lifestyle of the adventurer. To live without deadline or commitment, what to leave in, what to leave out. hmmm... I do envy you all."

Again a pause as he seems to contemplate something.

"Forgive me for dreaming. I am naught more than a simple scribe."

Rystil Arden

First Post
" I was but attempting to point out the absurdity of the tale. Do you believe it?"

"Whether or not you believe it absurd, it is true. I wish that you were correct, but sadly, the truth does not need your approval to unleash its horrors upon us..."

Bront

The man with the probe
Tuzon Thume said:
"Surely you heard me explain my name to the Lady? If not I'll happily repeat it for you. I was fortunate to be born to a long line of Finescribers and they remain hopeful that I will live up to my given name."
"Sorry, I must ave missed that."

"Bah, the adventuring life isn't enviable. Ya sleep on the ground, ne'er see ya loved ones, riskin death around every corner. But ya gots ta do whats ya got to do."

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
It was odd how Tandi's simple aside had turned the table into a forum. She remembered specifically a lesson the adepts had taught her one day about being aware of the affects of your actions, no matter how imperceptibly small. She simply watched, hoping they wouldn't resort to the usual insulting and name calling that occured during one of these debates in her homeland.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Ya know, this is what's good bout taverns like this. Where else can ya have a good brew, good meal, swap tall tales, and learn bout what others think."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I am quite sorry, but if people are going to continue to call me a liar, my Xal will not be able to stand for it much longer," Lasair says, a bit angry and upset, but she quickly calms down, "I...I'm sorry, but...it is a great insult to call someone a liar among my people, but I guess it is not such an insult here...I hope I gave no offense, and I will try to be more mindful of the culture of Orussus in the future."

Tuzon Thume

First Post
Studious shakes his head to Lasair.

"Oh My Fair Lady...don't take me wrong. I had not meant to question your honor or your virtue. If you have seen it with your own eyes I'll accept it as truth. But please understand that I wish it were not so!"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"I am quite sorry, but if people are going to continue to call me a liar, my Xal will not be able to stand for it much longer," Lasair says, a bit angry and upset, but she quickly calms down, "I...I'm sorry, but...it is a great insult to call someone a liar among my people, but I guess it is not such an insult here...I hope I gave no offense, and I will try to be more mindful of the culture of Orussus in the future."
"I ain't callin ya a liar las, and it's a horid insult 'ere as well. I's just thinkin' out loud 'bout what's good here at tha tavern. As I got no reason ta not believe ya, and truely don't wish to find out, I gots no reason ta doubt ya tellin the truth."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads