[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso - Planks bravo & adventurer

The Dunn Wright's landward door opens and a duelist enters the common room. He's wearing a finely crafted chain shirt that gleams with more shine than that possible with simple steel and by the suppleness exhibited as the fellow swaggers across the room, all smiles and quips for those he passes, it is a sure thing that the armor is magical or mithril or both. Hanging from a wide belt of alternating carved black leather and silver links is the weapon of his occupation, a rapier. His hand rests lightly on the hilt and his thumb rubs the ivory handle.

Fury breaks into another jovial smile as he sees the crowd, and his friends, gathered in the place. Though the foray south was brief it was draining and he was ready for some relaxation in this place where everyone knows his name.

"Ah, look what the cat dragged in. I can already tell by Zelena's scowl you've started telling your stories again, Borric."

Fury winks at Sylvain, stiffens a little as he catches sight of Walthor happily waving his pincers at Zelena and covers his momentary disconcerted feeling with a bow to the priestess of Ral. Fury examines the young swordsman sitting in attendance on Zelena and his smile becomes rather strained; it was just this sort of jumped up merchant's son that got his goat and made his sword hand itch. He nods a polite greeting since he is here to enjoy himself and not fight.

Turning away to find himself a clear seat he spots Anna.

"Ah, the lovely Anna! Whose beauty dazzles even goblins, hags, and barghests."

He smiles his most dazzling smile (though still incredibly plain) and makes his way past and to the bar where he collects a bottle of wine and a glass.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo to Orlando Furioso and Zelena

To Priestess Zelena after Orlando bows to her:

"It appears, Mi lady, that fulgrim and i are not the only to benifit from your benevalance, yet another gentleman has arrived. And I have as yet to introduce my self to you. He stands and bows to Zelena, "Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio the second, at yoru service"

To Oerlando Furioso:

"Pardon me friend, it appears your rapier is of a very fine make. " HE moves his cloak to show his own rapier of ivory handle.
OOC: are they of similar design?

"Did I see you at the mystic pearl earlier?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando to Vincenzo

Fury turns back briefly to the swordsman who has introduced himself to Zelena as Vincenzo.

"Of course I pay respects to Zelena. She taught me my first spells and schooled me in manners as well."

He again nods greeting to the man.

"I am Orlando, but all my friends, and what few enemies as remain standing, call me Fury. And your blade in the very twin of mine own. I was loathe to part with it but necessity, as they say..."

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena Adu (2nd level Cleric/ 2nd level Bard)

Zelena looks up form the animate and quite happy little scorpion, she smiles and nods to her friend, "Merry meet Fury, It is good to see you again."

Her gaze falls upon he newcommer, "Ahhh. I hope Vincenzo works? Merry meet to you, and welcome. It is always nice to meet new people." the gnome says with a nod.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"First spells? And manners?And cleans up perfect strangers. Quite the interesting individual." He glances at the two weapons, his and Orlando's. Smiling he continues, "I would like some day to spar with you at the crossed swords academy. I hear they are planning on accepting those of no noble birth, so I just might have the opportunity to test my mettle against others."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

--- At Zelena's Table with Fury, Vincenzo, Syl & Walter (and maybe Anna?) ---

Borric takes a hearty swallow of ale while waiting for Syl to share his retort about his exploits with animal sex.

He greets Fury with a grin, "Hoy, mate. Yep, she is already ignoring me, showing no interest in our excursion to the light house. You'd think I was bragging about our plans for tonight, but I haven't really gotten started talking about the brothels yet."

The fighter scowls at the small man (Vincenzo) that ignored him while showing off Borric's former rapier. Then he smiles slyly, "That pig sticker ain't all that, for fook's sake. But, I will happily spar with you nonetheless, Vicky. But, I prefer to use 'mageslayer' here. Hope ya don't mind."

He pats the flail hanging from his belt.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear) +5 CMD for enlarged
Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: Ale mug
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

--- At Zelena's Table with Fury, Vincenzo, Syl & Walter (and maybe Anna?) ---

Borric takes offense and towers over Vincenzo, "Listen bucko, ya wanna be rude go find another table to hang out. Now piss off!"

The fighter starts poking the smaller man in the chest to emphasize the point.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 43
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear) +5 CMD for enlarged
Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: Ale mug
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
Syl, human male witch

Before he could even choke out a retort to Borric's last comment, Syl immeidately jumped up to separate the warriors.

"Now borric, I am sure Vincenzo (nice to meet you by the way) was not being rude. He probably didn't hear you over the din in this place. There seem to be quite a few newcomers around these parts right now. And anyway, there's no reason to pojke anyone in the chest, unless its behind closed doors at the brothel," he jokes nervously.

Syl grabs on empty glass and pours the newcomer a drink, offering it politely.

Remove ads