[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim perks up when Phedilo mentions the object that is to be transported could potentially be a target of this fanatical cult. "Have dey attempted ta steal dis object we be carryin' b'fore?" Fulgrim asks.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

As Phedilo mentions the Ears by name, Eanos' expression grows all the darker.

"If the Ears want it, you can count on me to keep it from them with every secret I have." he says, then waits to hear the answer to Fulgrim's question.

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: none

In Hand: None.

Arrows: 20/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 49/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"And if you count on te Jade Arrow and te Mighty Axe, then you count on Maui and Taniwha, tooth and claw!"

The conversation has at last reached a place in the conversation Maui can grasp. Boasting.

Qik

First Post
Fulgrim perks up when Phedilo mentions the object that is to be transported could potentially be a target of this fanatical cult. "Have dey attempted ta steal dis object we be carryin' b'fore?" Fulgrim asks.

Phedilo shakes his head. "No, they have not; the object has been in my possession for some time. Given the Ears' recent aggressive attempts to obtain objects which would further their purposes, however, I have decided that it would be best to transport the object to a safer location. I was able to charter a ship, and have now come to secure transport of the object from my shop to its dock."

Phedilo responds to Maui's boastful comments with a stoic expression. "I appreciate the sentiment, Mr. Maui, but excuse me if I hope that your resolve and abilities won't be tested. It is my hope that if we act quickly enough, we will preempt any possible action on the part of the Ears."

"With that in mind, gentlemen - and lady," he nods to Sauvressa, "I was hoping that we would be able to move the object tomorrow morning. Does that sound amendable to you all? Have you any other questions?"

Phedilo seems to have relaxed somewhat now that he seems to have obtained the help of some others.

jbear

First Post
"Oh no, Mr Huffling, no questions! Maui understood all your jibber jabber. In te morning we take te boat with you quickly! And we protect te secret something that you have in your ear. I think Taniwha and Maui will go now and get te shut eye. See you all in te morning."

With that, the druid stands, pats Phedilio on the head, clucks until the cheetah springs up onto his shoulders to take its position and leaves the inn with a wave to go and find a bed for the night somewhere green and comfortable (and hopefully nearby).

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"I was hoping that we would be able to move the object tomorrow morning. Does that sound amendable to you all? Have you any other questions?"

"Just a second, Maui," Eanos says, touching the druid's shoulder to catch him before he leaves.

To Phedilo, he says, "Knowing the Ears want this is enough to convince me to keep in out of their grubby paws, but if we're going to be around this whatever-it-is, I think we should know what it does. Any surprises we can avoid let us spend our energy looking out for the Ears."

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: none

In Hand: None.

Arrows: 20/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 49/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Phedilo's cringe from Maui's head pat turns to a sigh of resignation. "Master Eanos, you truly were meant to undertake this task: that is a far more suitable question than one might initially imagine." In contrast to his earlier nervousness, Phedilo's tone while he speaks about the object mirrors the calm, rehearsed confidence of an experienced academic.

"The item in question is a Stone of Chaos, a true artifact of the Entropic Plane. I say "of" and not "from" because the item in actuality originates at least in part from our own plane. From what I've been able to learn through my research, the Stone was created sometime during the passing from the Golden Age to the Years of Darkness, many hundreds of years ago, by a wizard on the northern isle of Illi Esse. There, the boundaries between the planes are much thinner than in most of E'n, so it was an ideal environment for creating a stone which bridged the gap between our plane and another."

Phedilo pauses a moment, as if slightly uncertain about the wisdom of continuing with the unmitigated dispensing of his knowledge. Still, he continues, perhaps slightly more uncomfortable with what he is saying.

"The stone is...capricious. To say the least. As can only be expected from a true object of Entropy. From what I've been able to discover, its creator had used his own considerable power to keep its mischievousness in check, but since his passing - whether it was due to the stone or not, I do not know - the stone has had no such guardian for its abilities."

"As for the extent of these abilities...I cannot say for sure. Again, as one would expect from an object of Entropy, the stone's actions show little rhyme or reason - I am unable to say for certain if it is in fact even a wholly intelligent item. But it has at times shown an ability to interact with its surroundings which suggest both an awareness and an intelligence, however incoherent."

"Having said all this, you should know that the stone has been dormant in recent months, which is part of why I feel so comfortable in attempting to move it. Perhaps the stability of its storage has contributed to this. Again, it is hard to say - it is truly an inscrutable object."

Phedilo finishes with a sigh, as if still pondering that inscrutability. He looks at the others to gauge their reactions.

OOC: After posting this, it occurs to me that it seems like we've gotten specific enough to move over to the adventure thread, so let's do that.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Having recently arrived at the city with her companions, Tyrien expects to meet them now that her shopping is concluded for the day.

Unused to such a wide selection of choices in attire, she is wearing a orange dress that is very short (mid-thigh) and green tights underneath. She picked up some nice crimson, ankle boots with silver buckles for her feet.

The dress is roomy enough, that her mithral shirt is underneath it. She saw a tall bronze-skinned red-headed woman wearing a jaunty felt hat with a feather and Tyrien just had to get one for herself, only purple.

The kaleidoscope of colors adorning the half-elven girl is almost painful to the eyes, if not fashion sense. However, Tyrien is oblivious to that opinion, quite pleased with her look.

She enters the tavern and looks around to see if her companions have arrived yet.

"Oh, wow. Look at this place. What was that creature on the pike outside?"

She looks around with eye wide at the different people hanging out in the establishment.

OOC: Coming in to RP while waiting for jkasen's adventure to start and for her commissioned items to be ready.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +8 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination, Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 3/3 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli the Mad, half-orc aberrant sorcerer 4 / bones oracle 1

"On the pike outside? A shadow-mite grown fat on the ephemeral effluvium of the Dissembler of Misfortune, miss. Consider yourself fortunate to have met it at its end."

A half-orc stands in response. His skin appears a burnished color, almost golden. His armor bears a silvery gleam, combined with his axe. Across it he wears a cloak and loose robe, both a silk dyed a dusky gray, and he wears a crimson medallion on a silver chain. On the face of his breastplate, and on the broad surface of his axe, a large red handprint is emblazoned.

"It is a pleasure to meet you! My name is Kanli, the Red Hand. Please, come, sit! I'll buy you a meal if you'll tell me your story."

There is a momentary odd scuttling underneath his robe as a pair of red hands appear to pull out the seat opposite him at the table. It then becomes clear that the table itself is so marked with his red handprint.

Remove ads