[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Maui chuckles.

"Well, if te Devils give you te misbehavior you let Maui know, and me and Taniwha will help you give them te talking to."

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos finds himself suddenly very thirsty. It's probably only a coincidence that his mug manages to conceal his expression of amusement at the exchange...

Qik

First Post
The gnome nods seriously. "I will, friend Maui, I will."

The gnome shoots a glance at the table, where the group he was sitting with seems to be prepared to set out. "Got to run, gentlemen; stay out of trouble whilst I'm gone! Unless you go looking for it, of course, as some of you seem wont to do, then, well, I hope that you very well find trouble, not too much trouble, mind you, an adequate amount..."

"Don't drink too much too quickly, Eanos; me mam always chided me when I did that!"

With that, Ni returns to the others, and soon shuffles out the door atop Lu.

Qik

First Post
Recruiting for Precious Cargo

The door to the Dunn Wright Inn opens, and a harried halfling makes his way through the door. He pauses to collect himself a moment, adjusting his glasses nervously, before addressing the room.

"Uhm...ahem...excuse me, good people, but I'm in the need of some assistance: I have a, uhm, 'package' to deliver, and I could do with some help during the transportation process. Does that sound like something any of you would be interested in?"

The halfling's dapper clothing and demeanor make him seem out of place within the no-frills, rough-and-tumble context of the Dunn Wright.

OOC: Now recruiting for "Precious Cargo," a short adventure for levels 2-3. I had presumed [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION], [MENTION=21076]IronWolf[/MENTION], and [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] would be throwing their hats in the ring, but if anybody else would like to as well, I'd be more than happy to have them along.

Will set up a thread once I've gotten some responses.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"There now, Maui, the fates provide, yes?" Eanos says, giving the druid a playful punch on the shoulder.

"Name's Eanos," he says to the gnome, crossing to him and lowering himself to one knee to be on the man's level. He offers his hand. "Now, exactly what's this property you're looking to transport?"

Qik

First Post
The halfling takes Eanos' hand, seemingly pleased with this show of civility. "Phedilo. Phedilo Crea," he nods in greeting. "A pleasure, I'm sure. Thank you for your interest in my offer of employment."

The halfling pauses a moment, as if uncertain of what to say in response to Eanos' question. "As for the nature of the item in question, sir..." He looks around warily a moment, then seems to decide that straightforwardness is the best approach. "Well, to be honest, sir, it is a sensitive matter, meaning that discretion is of the utmost importance. I will gladly reveal the nature of the item to you in time, to be sure, but this would require a, ahh...more discrete location. Besides," he adds mysteriously, "it is not an object that is simply summarized."

"I can tell you, however, that both the object and the circumstances surrounding said object are of such a nature so as to warrant the assistance of ones as...ah, able-bodied as yourselves."
He glance drifts from Eanos to the obviously dangerous Maui still lounging at the bar.

[sblock=Knowledge (Local/Arcana) DC 15, Knowledge (Religion) DC 20]You are aware that Phedilo is both a seller and extensive collector of all sorts of divine and arcane magical objects.[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli the Mad, half-orc aberrant sorcerer 4 / bones oracle 1

The half-orc at the reddish table shakes his head with a gurgle.

"I think I left for a while. No worries, I'm back! And... in time for the bill, apparently."

jbear

First Post
Maui stares blankly at the halfling. He blinks. He blinks again. He turns to Eanos and asks:
"What did te little boy say? Or is he a Half Lean too?"

OOC: Count Maui in! [MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION] Can I level Maui up to level 2 when he gets enough time xp? That way you can set the DC of the adventure to a bit higher without having to worry about wiping me out too fast :)

Qik

First Post
OOC: Nope - you have to play the whole thing 61 xp shy of level 2. :p

[/sarcasm]

Absolutely. Perrinmiller had the bright suggestion to start counting TXP from today, so we should be able to stretch the RP enough to have Maui level before the first encounter. With that in mind, you could preemptively update your sheet, so that he's ready to go asap.

I'm going to set up the game thread here shortly just to record when the TXP started, but let's keep it in the DWI for the time being - we've still got to wait for IW to show up, and I'd like to give any other level-appropriate PCs (2-3) who may be lurking about a chance to throw their hat into the ring as well.

Glad to have you two aboard, though. jkason, I'm especially looking forward to GMing for you for a change, if, for no other reason, so that I can threaten you with these: :devil:

Phedilo echoes Maui's blinks. "The correct pronunciation is "haff-ling," sir; I would appreciate it if you were to refer to my race correctly, if you must do so. And I am probably older than you, by a wide margin, so it would behoove you to abstain from referring to me as 'a little boy.'"

Phedilo sniffs indignantly.

Remove ads