[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Antithetist

First Post
Heather gives a little snort of laughter, not bothering to suppress it, as the half-elf turns hurriedly away from her. "A girl has to make a living," she says in reply to his question. "More opportunities for someone of my talents here in the big city - and I hear the people are more tolerant, too," she adds with a sly smile as she takes a bite of buttered toast and shovels some fried mushrooms onto her fork.

The crow, perhaps noticing how uncomfortable Dellrian is under its scrutiny, stares unceasingly at him.

jackslate45

First Post
Heather gives a little snort of laughter, not bothering to suppress it, as the half-elf turns hurriedly away from her. "A girl has to make a living," she says in reply to his question. "More opportunities for someone of my talents here in the big city - and I hear the people are more tolerant, too," she adds with a sly smile as she takes a bite of buttered toast and shovels some fried mushrooms onto her fork.

The crow, perhaps noticing how uncomfortable Dellrian is under its scrutiny, stares unceasingly at him.

Dellrian sighed. She had got him there. Master Thankirk always scolded him about being more tolerant of the guests. And here he was, doing it again. Judging people before he started talking to them.

Dellrian took a long swig from his glass before finally saying "You right...people are more tolerant..rather SHOULD be..."

Sitting in the silence of people eating, Dellrian just gazed at his drink.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NPCing Jax human male

Jax returns to the Dunn Wright Inn after a long day...

{{ And a long nite with all that fighting going on. }} he thinks to himself.

He gives Delliran a nod regonizing another long time regular, but who is the little lady he's talking to. With her back turned to him Jax can't see Heather to clearly so he thinks to make an excuse to go to the table. As he approaches he admires Heather's slight form and smooth skin.

"Hey Delliran, you hear anything more..." as he starts speaking Heather turns to look at the man. "Whoa!" Jax exclaims stepping a good two steps back before adding. "Nevermind you look busy."

Jax almost stomps over to an empty table. {{ Darn place is getting worse and worse I might need to find another spot to relax in if this keeps up. }} he says sitting down hard and wondering if he can get drunk enough not to have nightmares about what he just saw.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry Antithetist but I read your background and want to show you you did a great job. This is a heads up that my second adventure is about to get underway. everyone wish to sign up for it should be in here RPing when the NPC for it (not Jax) arrives. [/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks HM! That's the kind of response I was shooting for. ;)[/sblock]

"Well, it could be worse," Heather comments to Dellrian with a wry, twisted smile as Jax beats his hasty retreat. "Nobody's chased me with a pitchfork yet. Still, the day is young, and who knows what exciting surprises it has in store." She takes a noisy slurp of her coffee and smacks her lips with satisfaction.

udalrich

First Post
Syldar

A short elf walks into the the inn and goes up to the bar. "Hey handsome, what do you have that is unusual for breakfast?" She talks with him briefly and, learning that Delliran is paying for breakfast, looks over at him.

When her food is ready, she looks at it, as if seeing it still does not completely reveal what it is. "Well, he said it's the local specialty, so it will at least be interesting." Picking up the plate, she walks over to the table where everyone else is eating.

As she arrives, she curtsies to Delliran. "Good day, kind sir. You are not the first man to buy me a meal, but usually I have to meet them before this happens. Are you the local philanthropist, or is today a special day?" She smiles at him as she sits down and begins to eat.

jackslate45

First Post
Jax returns to the Dunn Wright Inn after a long day...

{{ And a long nite with all that fighting going on. }} he thinks to himself.

He gives Delliran a nod regonizing another long time regular, but who is the little lady he's talking to. With her back turned to him Jax can't see Heather to clearly so he thinks to make an excuse to go to the table. As he approaches he admires Heather's slight form and smooth skin.

"Hey Delliran, you hear anything more..." as he starts speaking Heather turns to look at the man. "Whoa!" Jax exclaims stepping a good two steps back before adding. "Nevermind you look busy."

Jax almost stomps over to an empty table. {{ Darn place is getting worse and worse I might need to find another spot to relax in if this keeps up. }} he says sitting down hard and wondering if he can get drunk enough not to have nightmares about what he just saw.
"Well, it could be worse," Heather comments to Dellrian with a wry, twisted smile as Jax beats his hasty retreat. "Nobody's chased me with a pitchfork yet. Still, the day is young, and who knows what exciting surprises it has in store." She takes a noisy slurp of her coffee and smacks her lips with satisfaction.

Jax's arrival could not have been better. Looking quickly at Jax, Dellrian says "I will be over in a second to discuss in detail. I was just finishing up here."

Turning back to Heather, Dellrian stands and says "It has been quite the... pleasure to meet you today. I hope that you find a use for your talents soon, and I hope that our paths cross again." Not really thought Dellrian.

Leaving quickly, and moving over to Jax, he whispers "Perfect timing. Now, from what I heard..." Whispering between the two, probably about some deal in the making, quickly ensures.

Picking up the plate, she walks over to the table where everyone else is eating.

As she arrives, she curtsies to Delliran. "Good day, kind sir. You are not the first man to buy me a meal, but usually I have to meet them before this happens. Are you the local philanthropist, or is today a special day?" She smiles at him as she sits down and begins to eat.

Dellrian notices too late the elf sitting down "The dock workers are up in arms again. I know it must be hard, dealing with the riots, and the talks are not going well... Well Hello there!" Dellrian finally notices the elf. "I apologize for not noticing you sooner. Today is a special day, it is the dawn of new beginnings! New friendships and new opportunity abound here in Venza! And what is your name? What brings you to Venza?"

udalrich

First Post
"My name is Syldar Narthalial." She glances at her food. "Is there some sort of frog in this?" After poking at the strange ingredient, she continues. "I have been traveling to learn what strange things might exist in the world. Would you not agree that gaining knowledge is preferable to remaining ignorant? Is not the world full of strange and interesting entities." She pauses briefly, looking at her plate. "Such as this. Where does the chef here get his recipes?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NPCing Jax human male

"Who Zitteaux?" Jax says questioningly. "Why his from... from... well he's not from around here I can tell you that."

The older human watches Syldar over the edge of his mug as he takes a drink. "If you want to go following mysterious he may prove a lifetimes worth, even to an elf. Ha Ha!"

Padreigh

First Post
A tall blond man enters the inn, well-armed and armoured, proudly displaying a sun-and-warhammer symbol on his tabard. Those who get a closer look notice that his eyes are a weird mix of silver and blue, with some golden specks.

He directly approaches the bar and says with a slight but still audible Northern accent:

"Greetings. Could I get some herbal tea, bread, butter and sausages, master innkeeper?"

[sblock=ooc]I'm still struggling a bit with the geography of the Living world. Just assume that Leonion comes from the most "Germanic" place around ... which is usually somewhere north. :)[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Turning back to Heather, Dellrian stands and says "It has been quite the... pleasure to meet you today. I hope that you find a use for your talents soon, and I hope that our paths cross again." Not really thought Dellrian.

"So long," Heather says in a bright and cheery tone that positively drips with sarcasm. Her bird swivels its head to watch the half-elf leave, and squawks something that sounds very much like intelligible speech - although it's not the Common tongue.

[sblock=Speaks Aklo]"Thanks for breakfast, you insufferable ass."[/sblock]

Heather smirks, and holds up a morsel of toast for the crow to peck at from its perch on her shoulder.

Remove ads