[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik beams, "Greetings to yourself to, I've rarely done so little to earn my breakfast! Do they still have the Unicorn sausage with griffin egg? Since you are paying." He performs a little drum roll in the air and sighs ostentatiously when nobody laughs dabbing at an imaginary tear.

"Oh Izzik Deeks, wastrel, layabout, and deliverer of amputee jokes and puns - I surpassed lame long ago. And who might you be 'o bringer of breakfast?"

InVinoVeritas said:
Izzik and Jax hear a crash from somewhere in the back rooms of the inn.

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Seems fine to me unless I am missing part of the equation, they meet, Izzik hears the crash and saunters off without his free breakfast - alas.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] This encounter was to take place last night. InVino had invisioned it as a way to add people sitting around the tavern a chance to get in a little scuffle before continuing to wait for a game to start.

At least that is my take on it from the IC for the Green Faeire.

So you could continue RPing breakfast here and talk about your scuffle last night all at the same time while you have said scuffle in the Green Faeire link. But if you open a hole in the Space Time Continuum I will be very displeased. :mad: [/sblock]

[sblock=Note] You could pass on this if you wish, I will see about getting something started for you in the week either way. [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ah, I see edited. I pmed Invinoveritas to see what he has in mind, I have the impression that he might simply be running this encounter here, out of the kindness of his heart, to allow me to participate in something while I wait for an adventure. Possibly as a cunning ruse to distract me from trying to populate the surface of E'N with umpteen nations ;).

I would certainly be up you running something HolyMan - aren't there a couple of other new characters who've been created but aren't in the tavern, etc., yet? I am sure I got that impression from somewhere...[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Okkatun and Padreigh I believe have characters out there somewhere. Which would give us three. I will be submittting an adventure this weekend. And if it is still just you around it will be something quick to help

A) keep you from falling behind to badly and...

B) keep you from making umpteen nations on E'n :p [/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
The door opens and a frail-looking young girl steps awkwardly inside. Her skinny frame is hunched and twisted, wrapped in a woolen shawl, and she walks with the aid of a long wooden staff on the top of which balances a large black crow.

She looks up momentarily, ice-blue eyes peeping through curtains of long dark hair as they glance around the place before quickly dropping back to the ground.

The girl makes her way over to the bar and speaks softly, keeping her eyes down. "Some breakfast, please. Whatever you have is fine." She goes to lay a coin on the counter, but the bartender stops her, explaining that breakfast was on Dellrian.

She looks over at the half-elf, blinking rapidly in puzzlement. "...Okay," she says eventually, still sounding suspicious. Turning, she makes her hobbling way over to a spare table to await her food.

[sblock=OOC]Hi guys. Heather, Human Witch 1, sheet in progress. ;) Hope it's okay to pop in here and hang out prior to her being completed/approved.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Izzik beams, "Greetings to yourself to, I've rarely done so little to earn my breakfast! Do they still have the Unicorn sausage with griffin egg? Since you are paying." He performs a little drum roll in the air and sighs ostentatiously when nobody laughs dabbing at an imaginary tear.

"Oh Izzik Deeks, wastrel, layabout, and deliverer of amputee jokes and puns - I surpassed lame long ago. And who might you be 'o bringer of breakfast?"

With a hearty laugh Dellrian slaps Izzik on the back. "My good sir, I have not had the pleasure of eating such a feast in a long time! And who to better spend it wth than a... what was it you said? Wastrel? Have not heard that phrase in a long time!"

Looking over at the barkeeper Dellrian adds "Two orders of griffin eggs please! " Looking back at Izzik he says "I am Dellrian, a steward of house Thankirk. I assist Master Thankirk in all manners of business, from trading with the locals to meeting the Lords and Ladies of Venza. I have needed a good break from my duties this evening, and decided for a stroll around the Town at twilight. "

The door opens and a frail-looking young girl steps awkwardly inside. Her skinny frame is hunched and twisted, wrapped in a woolen shawl, and she walks with the aid of a long wooden staff on the top of which balances a large black crow.

She looks up momentarily, ice-blue eyes peeping through curtains of long dark hair as they glance around the place before quickly dropping back to the ground.

The girl makes her way over to the bar and speaks softly, keeping her eyes down. "Some breakfast, please. Whatever you have is fine." She goes to lay a coin on the counter, but the bartender stops her, explaining that breakfast was on Dellrian.

She looks over at the half-elf, blinking rapidly in puzzlement. "...Okay," she says eventually, still sounding suspicious. Turning, she makes her hobbling way over to a spare table to await her food.

[sblock=OOC]Hi guys. Heather, Human Witch 1, sheet in progress. ;) Hope it's okay to pop in here and hang out prior to her being completed/approved.[/sblock]

Dellrian turns at the sound of his name from the barkeeper, and speaks the human woman as she sits at the table "Yes, I will be paying for this mornings meal. Please, do not sit in a corner, come and introduce yourself. Meeting new people is always a pleasure of mine. "

Antithetist

First Post
Dellrian turns at the sound of his name from the barkeeper, and speaks the human woman as she sits at the table "Yes, I will be paying for this mornings meal. Please, do not sit in a corner, come and introduce yourself. Meeting new people is always a pleasure of mine. "

The girl looks over warily, before breaking into a smile - something seems off about it, crooked, as if there is some paralysis on one side of her face. "Well, who am I to deny you your pleasures," she says, deadpan, as she stands once more with a painful-looking effort and limps her way over to the half-elf's table.

"Heather is my name," she says as she takes a seat. Between her twisted frame like a gnarled old tree, her refusal to meet anybody's eye, and a facial tic that keeps one eye and one side of her mouth twitching arrhythmically, her presence at the table is more than a little unsettling. Atop her walking stick, the crow flutters its wings briefly as it preens itself, regarding Dellrian with a beady black eye.

jackslate45

First Post

"Heather is my name," she says as she takes a seat. Between her twisted frame like a gnarled old tree, her refusal to meet anybody's eye, and a facial tic that keeps one eye and one side of her mouth twitching arrhythmically, her presence at the table is more than a little unsettling. Atop her walking stick, the crow flutters its wings briefly as it preens itself, regarding Dellrian with a beady black eye.
Dellrian was used to all sort of odd humans. Humans who grew up without knowing how to use a fork, Humans who hated learning what their elders told. Humans who would say a lie to his face, then mumble their complaints behind his back.

What he was not used to was this combination of animal and human.

Clearly unnerved by the crow, he quickly smiles back at Heather, now enjoying her breakfast. "Yes, well, what brings you to Venza Heather? And you to Izzik? " Turning too quickly back, he thought to himself Who is this woman? Creeeepy

Remove ads