• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Lindeloef

First Post
Robert rolls his dice "hmm.... but I am too deep into it, I call let see what you got" He puts 1 silver in to match Morgryms raise.

OOC: No Problem for me Scott. next time just write my name right ;) Lind->e<-loef

Mr.Tinker

First Post
"Ja, so vhat else you vant to know uf adventuring?

" I was meaning to ask... " and Morgrym makes an effort to imitate Le Penseur. " not that all wealth is measured by coin, but none of these adventurer's look particularly rich. Is adventuring as profitable as they say or is it a ruse to lure people into this kind of job ? " he asks bluntly.

Robert rolls his dice "hmm.... but I am too deep into it, I call let see what you got" He puts 1 silver in to match Morgryms raise.

" Didn't get squat out my new roll brother, so that's still a pair of sixes and two'es " and he lifts his mug beaker that reveals a one and a three. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1205269/

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: oops, fixed!

Heinrich leans in to the table conpiritoily, puts his left finger to his lips in aa shh gesture and with his right shows a pearl.

"Worth 1 tousand gold krohn it ist." he whispers, then returns it to his secreted location. Zhere are magic tings zhat haf value beyond my wildest dreams yet to find. I haf seen veapons sell fur 18 tousand krohn, And sure zhere are greater riches zhen das." He sips his drink as he leans back.

sunshadow21

Explorer
The tiefling sighs as he is called, and doesn't immediately respond, but after his food arrives and he pecks at it it a while, he reluctantly leaves his table and walks over to observe the game of chance, though he does not participate in it. After listening a while to the conversation, "The money is definitely one of the draws, to be certain, though some seem to relish the life style for the excitement it provides. As for profit, that depends on how you define wealth and how you wish to use the wealth. There is indeed money to be made, but most of it will be put right back into the life style if you plan on surviving in it for very long; that isn't to say that you can't live comfortably, but very few people can treat it as a retirement fund, mores the pity. I would much rather be back in my study than here, but the money always seems to run out before the research does, so I repeatedly find myself back here for another round of dodging death to fund further studies."

Mr.Tinker

First Post
Heinrich leans in to the table conpiritoily, puts his left finger to his lips in aa shh gesture and with his right shows a pearl.

"Worth 1 tousand gold krohn it ist." he whispers, then returns it to his secreted location. Zhere are magic tings zhat haf value beyond my wildest dreams yet to find. I haf seen veapons sell fur 18 tousand krohn, And sure zhere are greater riches zhen das." He sips his drink as he leans back.

Morgrym's eyes pop open and his jaws drop at the sight of the pearl. Several moments later, he regains his composure and whispers back " by Rogar's beard, that is impressive! With that kind of gold would be able to pay of my debts three fold " .
For a second he is tempted to steal the shiny pearl from Heinrich, he wasn't given the nickname nimblefingers for nothing. Although there were two things holding him back. Firstly, Heinrich didn't look like an adventurer that couldn't handle himself and he already had seen him play with fire, which did not suit well with the chemicals in his backpack. Secondly because Heinrich seemed like a nice fellow and he had been the first friendly character he had met. " well, cheers to your good fortune brother. I wish mine will match your's some day "

The tiefling sighs as he is called, and doesn't immediately respond, but after his food arrives and he pecks at it it a while, he reluctantly leaves his table and walks over to observe the game of chance, though he does not participate in it. After listening a while to the conversation, "The money is definitely one of the draws, to be certain, though some seem to relish the life style for the excitement it provides. As for profit, that depends on how you define wealth and how you wish to use the wealth. There is indeed money to be made, but most of it will be put right back into the life style if you plan on surviving in it for very long; that isn't to say that you can't live comfortably, but very few people can treat it as a retirement fund, mores the pity. I would much rather be back in my study than here, but the money always seems to run out before the research does, so I repeatedly find myself back here for another round of dodging death to fund further studies."

The alchemist nods to the Tiefling as he is listening " aye, wealth can be measured in many ways brother. Where I come from, many show their wealth and standing by wearing jewelry braided into their hair " . He scratches his head " I wish there were easier ways to gain coin. Adventuring seems to be hard work " he says with a smile as he lazily stretches his limbs.

" why don't you join us for game of dice or a drink brother ? I am Morgrym and these chaps are Heinrich and Rob "
and he indicates the two other gentlemen at the table. Shifting the subject to the conversation again Morgrym asks " so, what kind of research do you conduct ? "

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post

Mr.Tinker

First Post
Robert grins "Heh, I got another three, so a pair of 1s and three 3s. It kinda goes well for me... maybe too well..."

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3968872/

OOC: how many silver was there, 4? kinda lost count ^^

Morgrym pushes the pot of 4 silver to Robert with regret " there you go brother, I am glad you didn't re-raise my raise. Then I would probably be even less poor now" . Although that he just lost, Morgrym takes the blind automatically and grabs the beaker once more to roll his dices " let's see if it goes better this time ! " and his eyes light up " six high straight " http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970553/

Systole

First Post
Perfomance Sing 1d20+7 → [10,7] = (17)

As promised to Carvernous Hode, Damaris will perform a song about their adventure. She embellishes one or two things about the bravery of Cavernous Hode with Mister Dickens, the mighty strength of Vax, the strange brother Aedger Beinn and herself during their run through a dark cave plagued with the undead up to their final confrontation. She makes a small note at the end about checking twice that your cleric knows how to heal, and how lucky certain barmaid would be if she gave Cavernous Hode a chance.*wink wink*

"Cavernous Hode is most impressed with the singing maiden's warbling! Cavernous Hode does not remember all of that happening exactly, but he trusted the singing maiden's accounting of events, and he feels certain that Mister Dickens is most definitely as brave as advertised, if not more so. Huzzah! Cavernous Hode has arrived! Certainly his merits as an adventurer can no longer be questioned, so perhaps he can ... uh ..." he trails off, averting his eyes from the tiefling.

"Little guy's tryin' not ta stare atcha," Grog says. "I think you's got yerself another admirer. Hur hur hur. An' he brought ya a singer, even."

Marta rolls her eyes. "I don't think he even speaks Venzan. Cute rat, though. Reminds me of a pet I had when I was living down by the docks." She sees Grog's expression. "What?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Halfling][/sblock]
The door to the Dunn Wright Inn swings open once more and a young female halfling saunters in. She has all the attitude of one of the countless halflings who live and work in Gulls district and along the waterways all through the city. Her leather vest is stained and has a few fish scales stuck to it and her yellow skirt is frayed along its hem. She carries a satchel over her left shoulder which she keeps a firm hold on.

She moves into the room and keeps her eyes roving over the crowds packed in. She is obviously searching out someone. After a brief word with a man he scoots over a bit on his bench giving her enough room to climb up. Instead of seating herself she uses the bench to step up onto the table where she reaches down, grabs an empty mug and bangs it loudly on the table.

Across the room Grog looks up. The half-orc scowls with narrowed eyes at the halfling but makes no move yet.

The halfling calls out to those in the room in a surprisingly loud bellow. "Ai! Ya lazy blighters, Imma lookin' for a few 'venturin' types." She motions with one hand for everyone to stay seated. "Keep yer britches on yer benches! Spee-ciffic-ly..." She rummages in her satchel and pulls out a handful of cream-colored envelopes and squints at them, shuffling them to read the names printed on them. ...Dame Aris Beiryn. Oh, wait, Damaris Beiryn. Any o' you lot know Damaris? How 'bout, ah... a Tyrion Thankirk? Thuvian Darklight? Tasanto Nysys?"

"Offa da table, missy. Nonna da slobs here wanna eat offa yer smelly feets." Grog spits into a mug, wipes it out and fills it with beer before handing it to a sailor perched at the bar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads