• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

WindCrystal

First Post
After a couple of second's pause, Amien eventually figures out that he is being talked to by a face looking straight at him. It his brain repeats what she asked in his head.

Why... Why does everything he say at a low volume somehow manage to be heard? He could be at the bottom of a canyon being drowned out by the raging rapids roaring a loud hiss, and somebody at the top of the cliff would still understand him perfectly when he's screaming an orcish curse he learned.

Amien lifts up a finger to point at himself to confirm he's being spoken to, then opens his mouth to start to speak, but then catches the distraction by whatever shiny thing has the halfling's attention, which instead he just mouths with his lips something along the lines of 'yes that should be interesting enough' and nods quickly.

[sblock=OOC]Oof, got ninja'd. Didn't see the previous post before submitting.[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Apologies Madame Morrogrim, but I don't drink Alcohol. It's against my Code to do so." Lyrra says with an apologetic tone in her voice, then she looks over at the Half-Orc Barkeep and says "But some Goat Milk would be great if you have it."

WindCrystal

First Post
Somehow caught in conversation with the little halfling and the lady now, Amien's eyes trail off for a moment. He eventually looks back and smiles, "That is a nice offer, but some of the stew I've eaten the last few days have ruined my sense of appetite.. And.. I don't intend to get that drunk today." He lifts up a half-finished mug in cheer with a grin and takes a drink from it.

Grayn

First Post
“Apology accepted Mistress Halfling, this,” Dame Morriogrim said, holding up the card, so it faced the Halfling “is the Two of Swords. Now I have answered all of your questions, so, again, please, sit and tell me something about yourself.” She continued with a warm smile, “You could start with your name.”

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Oh, but I already told you something about myself. I am a servant of Amenthia. But I suppose I could tell you my name as well. I am Lyrra, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Lyrra says with a bright smile directed towards Dame Morrogrim.

stanleyindraven

First Post
The humble monk watches the Lady conduct herself and demand the manners of all in her company. He smirks at the fact that so many need to be reminded of such things. He patiently listens to the exchanges.

Grayn

First Post
"Indeed you have, Lyrra, servant of Amenthia and Paladin of some obvious renown, the pleasure of the acquaintance is all mine." Dame Morrogrim bows her head slightly without breaking her gaze. "I do not recognize your accent. I will admit that I am a relative stranger to this corner of the world and do not possess a good grasp of the local customs, would you be from this area?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Yes, I am from the Landadel Baronies, and was trained in a city known as Tritower." Lyrra says with a whimsical smile on her face remembering all her friends back in Tritower, as well as her family that she left behind in her home village then she grimaces remembering the battle that led her on her path to begin with.

Grayn

First Post
"It sounds like you have had some travels and appears those travels have not left you unscathed." Dame Morrogrim replies, noticing the change of Lyrra's demeanor. She picks up the deck of cards and absently shuffles them with one hand. "If I may ask, what brings you from your home and training to this Inn?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I have been traveling for some time now, but the reason I came to this Inn in particular..." she giggles at the play on words, "is so that I can see if I could be of use to a group of adventurers. I hear that there is a severe lack of healers amongst adventurers these days."

Remove ads