• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Grayn

First Post
OOC:

@Grayn: If you are using the white back ground, you may not realize that the speech color you are using is very hard to see with a black background. just a heads up.

Oh, thanks! I am using a white, so it looks fine on my side. I will adjust it and make it darker background friendly.

Cyclopean

First Post
The door bangs open, and a deeps voice booms out "Ale!"

The voice is followed by its owner, who fails to close the door completely. As he rushed to the bar, the yellow snake draped over his shoulders jerked up its head and seemed to coil tighter, evidently surprised. After a moment, the snake's head darted into the dwarf's black and untrimmed beard.

He arrives at the bar and plants the shaft of his pick solidly on the ground. Grinning at the barkeep, he says "I'll have a tankard of ale, friend. Or mead, if your mead is better." Seeing the half-orc gazing at the now wide-open door behind him, he turns around and notices for the first time the elaborate spread in the corner.

His smile turning sheepish, he walks back to the portal, seeming to become aware of his utterly soiled clothes as he goes. After carefully shutting the door and ensuring it stays shut, he walks a little closer to the table and bows awkwardly. "Apologies for my earlier brusqueness, ladies," He says. "It's just that I haven't had anything to drink besides water and whatever I could brew myself for the past six years."

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"SIX YEARS! With nothing to drink but water???? Sir Barkeep, would you please bring this poor man the finest Drink in the house? You can put it on the tab of the Temple of Amenthia!" Lyrra says in her most sympathetic voice possible.

Cyclopean

First Post
The dwarf relaxes visibly in response to the sympathy and interest from his new acquaintances. "Well, that's something of a long story. I suppose the short answer is that I am a wandering devotee of Kaven. Technically I've been inside of civilization for some months now, but the farmers hereabouts seem to be more willing to offer coins instead of food and drink for prayers. Not that I'm complaining; you know what they say about us beggars." He smiles at his own joke. "Before that, I was living in some woods to south along with Topaz here," he says, reaching his hand into his beard and gently coaxing the snake to slither out and coil around his arm.

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Oh, a fellow member of the Clergy! It IS a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Lyrra says with a bright smile on her face. She then turns her attention to Dame Morrogrim and says "We should make him more at ease, care to order him some of your cheeses and breads?"

WindCrystal

First Post
By this moment, Galandra had asked for a two slices of white bread with ham, cheese and fresh lettuce, accompanied with some crispy chips in the side. "You gotta try these" she took her backpack from the seat Amien was using so he could sit. "What did you buy?"
Amien takes one of the chips without a second thought, answering, "One of those magic bags to carry my things in."

He takes a bite of the chip he took, and in just a few chews, a dwarf is brought to the bar where they're at with a very apparent story to tell. Hearing of his plight, Amien holds out the half eaten chip towards the dwarf without an idea on what to do,
"Well, uh.. Here! Have this."

Grayn

First Post
"Fine, another plate, please!" Dame Morrogrim ordered to the near by barmaid who brought the dwarf's drink. "And sit Master Dwarf! Tell us who you are and what brings you out of the woods!"

Cyclopean

First Post
The dwarf happily accepts the chip and stuffs it in his mouth. He seems to be very pleased by the taste. He thanks Amien and Dame Morrogrim in turn for their kindness.

He sits down at the table haltingly, as though he doesn't quite remember how to do so. Once adjusted, though, he seems perfectly comfortable. "I am Tirgas, of no clan, called 'The Hermit.' As previously alluded to, I am a member of the Druidic Order of Kaven, the Wanderer, the Clever-Handed Raccoon of Tal Hallow." He held his drink up to Topaz, who tasted the air above it before turning away, disinterested. The snake returned to her earlier perch atop Tirgas' shoulders and settled down heavily. "As for what I am doing out of the woods, I have a few reasons. First, it is my duty to wander across all of nature, to learn from it, and to maintain balance. And is not everything a part of nature, even the city? It all comes from the same earth, does it not?" He pauses to think for a minute, apparently distracted by some insight. "Well, perhaps not outsiders or some aberrations, but they tend to eat, wherever they are, and that makes them what they eat . . . and then there's elementals . . ." He trails off.
Snapping back to attention after a few seconds, he excuses himself and continues. "Anyway, as I was saying, we are all a part of nature, including the people, and you can learn from people just as much as animals. It had been a long time since I had had a conversation in Common. Perhaps I shall spend the next few years living between this city and the wood and learn from each."
"And finally, I have missed doing this."
Tirgas quaffs his drink, not spilling a drop.

Cyclopean

First Post
"And now I find myself at a disadvantage, for I do not know so much as the names of my gracious hosts. Who are kind people?"

OOC: I'm sure I don't have to tell you that you don't need to repeat what you've said in past posts; I've already read most of the conversation between Lyra and Morrogrim, mostly to figure out what was happening in the tavern. Incidentally, the In-character text color was changed upon request to be more readable.

Last edited:

Remove ads