[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

rb780nm

First Post
"My coin purse is not too light yet..." Iosef muses as he motions for the bartender to bring a round. He drops a couple of coins on the bar and calls out "Wine for me this time, something red, if you please.

"But I do want to help people with their problems - that is why I was sent into the world from the temple. Does anyone know of someone looking for a few swords to prosecute some sort of noble cause?"

Gerald007

First Post
"Perhaps a tankard or two of water might be called for," Syl proffers, looking at the inebriated dwarf.

"We need to be patient. Rumor I have heard is that people are always ducking their head in here, looking for people to help them out. Seems to be a lot of trouble in this town," he nods at Iosef.

Baveboi

First Post
"Now me lads, ya be thinking like me. We aught to find som' job 'round here and whattaboutya mister fury? Do you know any quester for a trio of good hacker-slashers?" The dwarf's smile was brightening up with the prospect to actually go out and hit something without spending the night in jail. The begginings of a adventuring party was always a welcoming sight for the berserker sore eyes.
The idea of coin was also warming his heart, he was as greedy as any dwarf could be.

"Heh, lads? Let's split their heads in blood an' thundar. HA-HA-HA!"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury shrugs. "No prospects at the moment but I'll gladly share a drink while we wait for some poor soul with a problem to come in. Or perhaps I should say some rich soul?" He grins and leans back against the bar.

Gerald007

First Post
"I agree. Let's enjoy it in here, where its nice and dry. As you know, if we do get hired, we'll be looking back wistfully, while we are out in the cold, eating nothing but hard tack and bread."

Baveboi

First Post
"Bah! I be inclined t'agree on de drink part, but I cannae lie to ya lads. Drinks and wenches ain't enough for me soul to rest, I am a Rager an' dats what I do. I thirst for blood-" The dwarf's eyes cought the sight of a can full of beer and something went alight in there.
"But I thirst for beer too."

"Let's shake a deal, ya and me. I kill for ya, lads; but first I teach ya how to drink." He gave a hearted laugh and called the bartender. "Whench, bring us ale an' food, for me an' me friends here!"

Gerald007

First Post
"Forgive our drunken friend, Marla," Syl says with a laugh in the direction of the tavern's server.

"Be careful, Bronzebeard, or Marla will come over here and wipe the table with all of us."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Marla snorts and soon returns with a tray setting down flagons of ale and bowls of steaming stew with thick sliced buttered bread.

"Put it in your mouths please, no quaffing. Ale and stew both."
She admonishes sternly before hurrying off to serve more thirsty patrons.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric roughly pushes open the door, and stomps into the room. The large man is has dark hair and a beard still rather short, more like the unshaven look just grown a week or two too long.

He is a veritable walking arsenal in scalemail armor with weapons sticking out every which way; a flail, a battle axe, a shortspear, javelins, chakrums, a light hammer, and a shortbow with a quiver full of arrows. His heavy shield is slung over his left shoulder tucked away.

Borric looks extremely unhappy and is holding one hand over his right eye, and muttering curses like an experienced sailor. He makes his way over towards the bar, accidentally bumping and poking people with his weapons as he makes his way past through the crowd.

Arriving at the bar, he slaps a silver coin on the bar, demanding, "Oy! Some ale over here." He is still muttering and cursing to himself, "...cking wench... ...it for brains piker... next time, I'll..."

Still holding his hand over his eye, he looks around at those whose conversation he just interrupted, a Dwarf, an Aasimar, and others. Seeing the looks he is getting, he only remarks, "What?"

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
"Easy there, stranger...we're just enjoying ab it of ale and grub. Well, enjoying is a strong term, what with a gassy dwarf at the table, but you get my drift. Grab a chair and Marla will hook you up with a drink posthaste."

Remove ads