[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"southvest uf Tal holler; baronry uf Gevallenengel, Or fallen angel in common tongue; cave uf prescience, possible summons. We fight, Arianna und I , a cult das ist summoners uf deadly evil. Vith Feuer I fight the Feuer, Fire I fight das vith fire.

How far ist to white cliff manor? I am .. .. .." Heinrich pausees and sighs, .. .. .. "I am vanted man in mein home, und must to stay avay."

When he gets his answer he stands and nods his head, "I must to be off and get supplies"

OOC: from here on i will be posting in ic thread

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Recruiting for first level game

A man walks through the door, not an uncommon sight, as he is armed and armored. However he wears the talbard of the city watch, and of the district the Inn rests in. He walks up to Marla while she is serving a table of rowdies.

" 'Scuse me ..."

" .. .. ..you had ale and you had wine - yes hun, - git your hand off my skirt!"

"Mam but I didn't .. .. .."

"Not you! This halfling trying to pass as a child! Wacha need? Thirst quenched, hungry or tired - sorry got the ale switched with the beer .. .. .."

"I'm looking for .. .. .."

"Look on the post there, that's where the job listings are - hey wake up, your snoring too loud!"

"For people to do a .. .. .."

*klonks snoring dwarf with an empty mug and uses same arm to point with*
"oh, why didn't you say so - now your awake! go get a room, your snoring too loud - talk to grok over there, the big guy.
hey halfling, do you really want to turn that hand into a bloody stump? .. .. .."

The watchman meanders through the crowd up to a spot between customers and stares at Grock a moment while the half orc cleans a mug, "Um, 'scuse me sir. Are you Grok?

**grunt** He continues to to wipe the mug in his hand

"Um, could I get an ale?"

Grok fills a few mugs, hands one to the watchman, then hands the others to folks at the bar. The watchman drinks half of the mug while grok picks up another to starts drying. When the watchman sets the mug down he spits in the mug he is cleaning to continue polishing it. The watchman looks at the mug being polished, then his own mug. Then he looks about at all the people grinking from mugs. "Uhhhhh .. .. .."

*cough, ahem* "uh, well I need help, or rather A friend does....."

"what is said is lost to a rousing round of hoopla from the gamblers of the dice poke game.

He starts writing on a piece of paper that is handed to him; Grock points to the poll with the mug being polished and yet another grunt.

"HAY YOUZ! dis here man ere, .. .. .." he stares at the man

"I'm Sargent Marteen de Santo Luce"

".. .. .. gots a rat problem giv im yer ear!"

The watch man walks to the pole and says "Actually its not me, its a friend of mine. he owns a warehouse in another district. I got his name wrote down with the location and directions. Glad I found you guys. "

He posts the note and makes his way out the door, leaving the half full mug behind

The dwarf that was snoring walks to the counter to talk to grok, sees the mug and downs it

" 'nuthah if ya will"

[sblock=thenote=]the note is quite simply a name, Gerraldo Fresconi, the location of the warehouse and the directions on how to get there[/sblock]

OOC: recruiting for Rodent of unusuual size. Please respond in this thread in playing the game forum
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?335884-LPF-Rodents-of-Unusual-Size&p=6114433#post6114433 first 4 wins, a fifth maybe

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
"As Heinrich said, I am Arianna. Mermaid servant of Tanager. Though I do more fighting in his name that healing though. Once you see my partner, you will understand why. We like to lead the charge into battle." Wagging her tail a bit for fun, "If I outrun you a bit too much in my zeal, holler out. I will try to slow up."

"Our job is to find the thing weirder than us; and stop it. Ohkaaay."

"Well, I should probably stop by the Pearl as well and get a few supplies too. You said the large oak on the road. Well, um, not sure what an oak is. But if you see a blue demon running by, shout out. I'll show you him in a minute."

Arianna takes off her amulet and sets it on the table. Standing up, she starts swaying rhythmically while singing a soft song in aquan. A blue mist forms around her and starts gathering upon her skin, solidifying and becoming muscle and skin. Legs grow. Claws solidify and sharpen. Eventually after a moment, an iridescent blue and green demon picks up the amulet an puts it on. Putting on their full length cloak and strapping on the weapons that were hanging on the back of the chair, "Shopping? I have to take you shopping again?" The demon shakes its head slightly in disappointment. Pulling up the hood of the cloak and drawing it quite forward, it hides its unnatural appearance under the sea blue cloak for the journey through the streets.

Arianna_headshot.png
Arianna_merged_thumbnail.png

......Arianna ................................ Arianna and Teq Oola

Mr.Tinker

First Post
If Tirgas feels guilty for upsetting Heinrich, he does not show it. "Do you suppose I should go apologize?" ​he asks Morgrym.
Tirgas notices Dame Sienna's tarot cards for the first time. "What, exactly, are those for?" he asks intently. It seems that Heinrich's reaction ill reaction to questioning has only made him more curious, to the point where he doesn't even wait for Morgrym's response.
OOC: Sorry m8, my internet was a victim of a excavator and haven't been able to post before now

Suddenly Morgrym snaps out of his own thoughts and back to the Tavern. Heinrich's reaction triggered memories of his early days as a street urchin, where the strugle for survival wasnt pretty. He had done things in the past he definately didnt want others to know and now he felt a bit ashamed of being so curious. Finally getting to Tirgas question he says " I am sorry master dwarf, I hardly know the brother " and sends an almost apologetic nod to Heinrich " ... I guess we all have things in the past that's better left unsaid. We all have do to do what we can in order to survive "

Coming back from the bathroom, Robert sees Morgrym moved on to another table (and possible victims for his poker dice skills) and Heinrich glooming at the fire place. Getting two glasses of milk from the bar, Robert goes to Heinrich.

Regaining his more cheerful self, Morgrym waves to Robert while indicating the food and drinks at his table " Courtesy of the Lass Dame Morrogrim. " and he turns to the good lady " My offer still stands. It is
customary for quests at home to blurt out news or provide council in what ever trade they posses, in exchange for food and drinks "

A man walks through the door...

" sounds like someone has a massive rodent problem " . He takes his backpack forth and starts rummaging through its contents " anybody fancy to join me for some easy work? Comon, How big could those rats even be ? " which he is sure he will regret saying later.

OOC: I am interested Scott DeWar, but since I recently joined I am probably not the first in line of getting on an adventure

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion nods at Heinrich and Arianna, and turns to leave before Malkovian says "Wait! She's dancing!"

Turning to look questioningly at Arianna, Anaerion notices the mermaid summon a shell around her, and waits to see what happens as a result.

Once complete, Anaerion nods his head as if understanding something and walks out the door. Malkovian says "Are you going to tell me what she did there?"

Anaerion's reply cannot be heard, but by Malkovian's response, it looks like he agreed.

Lindeloef

First Post
" sounds like someone has a massive rodent problem " . He takes his backpack forth and starts rummaging through its contains " anybody fancy to join me for some easy work? Comon, How big could those rats even be ? " which he is sure he will regret saying later.

OOC: I am interested Scott DeWar, but since I recently joined I am probably not the first in line of getting on an adventure

"Apperently as big as a dog. I think I should watch your back, you need someone that has some luck" Robert grins.

OOC: Would love to join the game [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], but as [MENTION=6706173]Mr.Tinker[/MENTION] I am not that long in this tavern, shurely there are people waiting longer for an adventure to start than me

Mr.Tinker

First Post
"Apperently as big as a dog. I think I should watch your back, you need someone that has some luck" Robert grins.

" bah ! " Morgrym spurts out as if Robert was uttering blasphemy.

" it is probably some drunk old fool that doesn't know the difference between a ugly mutt and rat. None the less, Work is Work. You are good company brother and I wouldn't mind joining forces with ya "

Digging more thoroughly he finds what he is looking for in his backpack. The alchemist places a brightly orange colored vial on the table. " Rob, I believe in being well prepared. This here is an rodent repellent, so if we face any rats it should protect us. Now the question is if you are suppose to drink it or smear it on your skin. I guess we will find out later " he says, grinning back to Rob.

Scott DeWar

OOC: Would love to join the game @Scott DeWar , but as @Mr.Tinker I am not that long in this tavern, shurely there are people waiting longer for an adventure to start than me

OOC: @Mr. Rinker and [MENTION=94712]Lindeloef[/MENTION],this game is for you or any other that gets there. 4 players, maybe 5. all first level, please [MENTION=29819]stan[/MENTION]lyindraven is already there.

Remove ads