[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Mr.Tinker

First Post
"By the looks of it, I think the rodent is supposed to drink it." Robert says.

The alchemist raises an eyebrow and sends Robbert a smile " you know what, that could be a possibility brother...I hope its not though. If only my master's eyesight wasn't that poor, he wouldn't have labeled all the potions wrongly. Apparently making mutagens with extracts from a mole for 30 years takes its toll "

"Okay I have everything, so lets see the watchman" Robert says and heads toward the watchman.

" Alright, I am with ya brother ! " and Morgryms grabs his stuff. " Thanks for the kindness Dame Morrogrim and Tirgas. Should you ever need an alchemist, come seek me out "
OOC: Alright, thanks Scott ! Heading to other thread as well !

Last edited:

Cyclopean

First Post
While Tirgas seems pleased at the first half of the reading, he clearly grows troubled as the meaning of the fourth card is explained to him. Although he continues to listen intently as the reading ends, it is clear that he is distracted by the disturbing thought that he is somehow failing or offending Kaven. "Thank you, Dame Morrogrim. You have given me much to think about," he says upon the conclusion of the reading. It does not occur to him that Dame Sienna could be at all mistaken.

OOC: Thanks, @Grayn! That was excellent and actually foreshadows some of what I have planned for Tirgas.

Tirgas falls so deeply into reflection that he nearly fails to notice the recruiting watchman. After getting Morgrym to explain what he missed, he strokes his beard and says "rats, eh? Topaz here likes rats, although it's been a while since she's found any big enough to eat." He grins, and thanks Dame Morrogrim once more. Scooping up Topaz, he shouts "you can count us in, guardsman!" as he hurries after the alchemist.

OOC: There doesn't seem to be a fourth yet, so I'll jump over to the other thread as well.

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim nods at all that are giving her thanks for her contributions; she watches as they gather their belongings and depart.

OOC: @Scott DeWar, I've lost count, but if you aren't at five yet, I will join. But, like the others, I have a lvl 1 out adventurin', so I don't want to take a spot from someone that hasn't had a chance to participate. Just let me know, I still need to stop by the Pearl before going anywhere.

Cyclopean

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6705164]Grayn[/MENTION], I think he's at four. I'd recommend making a post in the IC thread as well as here, to make sure he knows you're interested.

Grayn

First Post
A group of young looking city guards walk in through the door of the Inn. Their boisterous conversation indicated that they were off-duty. They proceeded directly towards the bar and ordered drinks. Only a very observant individual would have noticed a small figure darting between the legs of the guards and slipping through their shadows; even with the bright red cloak.

"Ma'am" the young halfling whispers Dame Morrogrim's ear, suddenly appearing at her side and pulling off her hood. Dame Morrogrim looks at the halfling girl, trying to conceal her surprise at her sudden appearance.

"Shellia, what are you doing here?" Dame Morrogrim asked in honest puzzlement. Shellia pulls down shoulder down until she can lean in and whisper into her ear. Dame Morrogrim looks back at the halfling in apparent astonishment that turns into an obvious look of disgust.

"Rats? Truly?" Dame Morrogrim asks. The halfling simply nods affirmitive without emotion. "The things my patrons ask of me, I will never understand." She continues, speaking more to herself. "I suppose I did say I was looking for a change!"

Dame Morrogrim stands up and waves to one of the waiters. "Please take my belongings to my room, I will be returning shortly." She turned to the door and began to walk out. Shellia quickly snatched all the items she previously placed on the table (as well as the candle holder, which was on the table when they arrived) and hid them under her cloak. She gave a quick glance at the approaching waiter and almost let out a sound that was similar to a hiss, as she threw her hood back over her head and followed Dame Morrogrim out the door.

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Posing In: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard

The bustle of the constantly opening and closing door at the front of the Dunn Wright carries on almost 24 hours a day, seven days a week. So it isn't unusual for all manner of figures to pass through that portal to what some may hope is fame and fortune and for others, the thrill of adventure. No one seems to flick a eyelash as a woman enters, sidestepping a guard or two passing through. The woman looks around, taking in the usual din of customers and other...folk...that frequent the place. She smiles a little as she takes in the mix. She walks to an empty seat at the bar and settles her posterior upon it, fluttering her cape so that it hangs down the back of the chair. She pulls the cowl of her cloak back, letting it drop behind her shoulders. Her blue eyes glimmer, though exactly what might be causing it isn't immediately clear. She turns when approached and orders a glass of wine and some bread and cheese. She then turns and looks again into the filled room. Her snack and wine arrive and she nods and pays for the service. "Quite a place you have here.." she starts in with the face behind the bar. She gets a retort commenting on the general parental history of a majority of those in the place, and shares a laugh. A sip of her wine sets her pallet for a bit of bread and cheese. She smiles a she chews.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tavern-Small.jpg

With several of the adventurers leaving on quests and helping others, the place feels half empty. A few dice games in the corner and pair of dwarves still trying to drink each other under the table. The bearded runts are too snockered to tell that it will be a tie as they are sitting on the floor under a table to start with.

Bartender.jpg

Grog is glaring over the few patrons around and just waiting to see if one of these rookie adventurers steps out of line and he has to toss their arses out. He is getting bored by the looks of it and his spits in the mug and continues to dry the inside.

The door bangs open and a harried looking youth, a mousy or weaselly looking boy comes in. Unkempt dark hair, slender and slightly dirty, he is looking a bit out of breath like he has been running.
PeasantBoy.jpg

He is a bit shifty around the eyes, maybe scared or something to hide.

Making his way to through the crowd, he asks,
"Ah... anyone want to... um help me?"

GM: This is a Recruitment for any and everyone (levels 1-3 only) that wants to play.

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra looked up at the scared man. "Sure" she stands up and nudges Amien. "Hey, You wanna come?"

"What's the problem?"
she asks the young man.

[sblock] I'm traveling today, but I'm sure I'll be back on Sunday. I won't be able to post tomorrow. Just giving you the heads up.[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien had watched the others empty the tavern, deciding that flying rats are enough rat problems for one day, much less regular, ordinary ones. He doesn't have to be nudged to turn around in his seat to examine the young man and his peril. The one referred to as Amien responds, "I've seen some low denominator troubles in my life.." in assumption that the kid is an omega in trouble, and on the run from either the city's law, or a man's law. "It shouldn't be hard to 'convince' me to help." Judging by the hurried and panicked state, Amien asks, "What is it that's about to apparently happen to you in the next five minutes that you need help with?"

Remove ads