[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem hops down from the door to the kitchen where he was unsuccessfully trying to learn some of the secret recipes from the chef of the Inn. Then he sees the fuss going on near the entrance of the establishment. "This sounds as if you three will be on the case for awhile. You'll need some special help if you are going to recover this man, Kafar, from his assailants. You are going to need the services of a cook!"

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Lem_the_Cook_(Deuce_Traveler)

OOC: Thanks to [MENTION=6666968]Satin Knights[/MENTION] for pointing this out to me! [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] , please add Lem the Cook to your adventure.

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien is quick to give praise and doesn't question the usefulness, "Thank the gods! I wasn't even sure that the soup I was eating last time was even rabbit."

kinem

Adventurer
Menik, at a small table by himself, has just finished a bowl of soup. Tasty, but too thin. When he sees Lem. He focuses on the halfling. Leaving a small tip on the table, he walks over.

"Hello. If there's rescuing to be done and Lem's food to be eaten, that's where I want to be! I am Menik, wizard and adventurer."

At least there's no necromancer this time! Wait ... kidnapping could be for ... :(

soulnova

Explorer
"Lem! Is good to see you again. I can vouch for his skill in the kitchen (and at the battle too), although... I don't think we will find game for dinner this time... Unless you can make miracles with the rats at the docks..." she looks a little disspointed.

"Never mind... lead the way when you are ready, Kafar"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Bartender.jpg
MaylorJacobson.jpg

A man with jangling spurs approaches Grog for a few quiet words. The half-orc gestures to the group of you and the man walks purposely over to you. He carries himself like a warrior and has a finely crafted breastplate and sword on his belt. His demeanor just exudes authority.

PeasantBoy.jpg

The boy sees him coming and tries to bolt, cannot with you in the way. He stammers, "Ah, ah, um... crap."

With his thumbs hooked into his belt, the mature human declares, "Don't go anywhere, boy." His tone is flat and he has a deep voice that sounds like it would carry well over a battle field.

The boy stays put, but has a sullen and apprehensive stance.

[Sblock=GM]Here is the Game Thread: The Devil We Know
I will take more players, but they need to post within 36 hours
Everyone read the adventure rules before posting in the game thread. I will need a Picture for Lem the Cook.
Also make sure you all get your mini-stats ready.
Lastly, everyone should be posting with their character's name appearing in the first sentence.[/Sblock]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lydia, Halfling Ranger

The door to the inn suddenly flies open as a young halfling woman falls through it with a crash. An exasperated expression on her face, she looks up and sees a crowd standing above her.

"Oh. Um... hi?" She stammers, somewhat awkwardly, as she gets up off the floor. "Sorry, still not used to doors built for tall folk..." She brushes herself off, though it is hard to tell what of the dirt and stains on her well-used clothing is from her recent acquaintance with the floor.

"Oops! My stuff!" She quickly scoops up what look like lockpicks off the floor, depositing them in various pockets about her person. "Heh." She fiddles with a lock of platinum hair, quickly tucking it behind her ear.

"Oh, hey! So... I was told this was a place for explorer... er... people to, like, find jobs and nifty things to do?" She addresses those nearest the door, clearly somewhat uncomfortable, though her amber eyes are bright with excitement. "That's what I heard anyway, from those guys..." Her voice quickly trails off into an incoherent mumble. "But anyway! So yeah, that's what I heard. Is that what's going on here?"

She pauses, as though lost in thought a moment. "Oh right! I suppose I should... introduce myself? My name is Lydia. I'm an explorer!"

OOC: Character not yet fully approved.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Canasta watches the group responding to the boys call with an eyebrow quirked with interest, but continues playing softly on her pipe. She changes speed and tone every minute or so, amusing herself. A gruff looking dock worker sitting a couple of stools down from her leans back and gives her a thumbs up as he takes a massive, ripping bite at the leg of some unlucky bird, or so one would hope it was, friend and dripping juices in the mans massive hand. She nods to him.

jbear

First Post
The door pushes open and a large wild spotted cat pads in looking about lazily before trotting over to the fireplace and flopping upon the ground to begin grooming itself. Close behind it follows a dark skinned wild warrior, the entire left side of his body marked with intricate tribal tattoos. He stops just inside the door, hands on his hips, smiling broadly, looking about as though taking it all in. He takes a deep breath and sighs with pleasure. "Ahh .. te rat stew, still smelling good!" He walks to the bar and runs his hand over it, looking at the barman with a grin. "Maui is back, Grog. I have missed te Hall of Heroes! Have you missed Maui?"

OOC: Maui lvl 5 Druid (very nearly lvl 6) approved and available for duty.

Garick83

First Post
Kae'than, Elvish Magus (Lvl 1)

The door swings open and a tall, traveled, elf walks in. He is wearing a worn, patchwork cloak. He walks up to the bartender "Greetings Barkeep. Might I trouble you for a glass of water?" The bartender pours him a glass of water. "Thank you."​ After receiving his drink he steps over to a nearby empty table and sits down and starts to sip his water. After taking his first drink he starts muttering in in Elvish:
[sblock=Elvish] "Hmm, based on his last known location, perhaps someone here may have seen him. But where to start?" [/sblock]

[sblock=Kae'than mini stat block]
Kae'than
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Kae'than_(Garick83)

AC: 17 (Flat-Foot: 14, Touch: 13)
HP: 9
CMB: +1
CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Speed: 30ft

Perception: +3
Inititive: +5

Primary Weapon: Rapier (+3, 1d6+1 (P), 18-20/x2)
Special Attack: Arcana Enhancment (+1) Enhancement Bonus

Arcane Pool 5/5

Prepared 0-Level (Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Mage Hand)
Prepared 1-Level (Chill Touch, Shocking Grasp)

Current Condition None
Consumables Available None
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Remove ads