[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Maui looks up from his chair by the fire. He smiles at Vincenzo. "Handsome Blade! There you are!" The ears of the wild cat slumped in snooze at Maui's feet twitch a moment and its purring halts, only to resume moments later.

jbear

First Post
Maui lifts himself with a groan, still grinning, stepping carefully over his sleeping cat. "Te jawbone aches with te tongue wagging of te story telling, Handsome Blade. But if you ask, you know I can not say no." He joins Vincenzo, ordering what he calls "Te Fire Water." He says no more until the drink arrives and he takes a long swig. "Ahhhh ... I have crossed te seas from te far island of Aotearoa, te Land of Long White Cloud. Born beneath te mountain Te Upoko-o-Uenuku, te Head of Uenuku, grown beside te river Waitangi, te Waters of Weeping. Ngati Uenuku is my tribe, te people of Uenuku, God of te Rainbow, Keeper of te Gate. Utu, Revenge, is my canoe, and Kupe is my Captain. Ko wai au? Who am I? I am Maui"

The tattooed warrior takes another swig of his drink. "Since Maui arrived in Vezna, I have put te dead in te streets back to bed. But many of te heroes in te Hall did te same. Maui walked te Stone of Chaos down te road for Mr Huffling and fought te Dog Caller when he came to steal it. Maui took te King home with Handsome Blade and threw te false king and his puffwampi out of his pond. And Maui carried te Angry Bones back home to soothe te Bloody Crow and bring grief and justice to te Father, chief of te Goti. We cut out te Worm that poisoned te Goti and made peace in te land of Uth te Red. Lastly, Maui befriended te Buffalo and made te Other King fat and lazy with te Buffalo Milk!" With this last comment he thumbs towards the sleeping cheetah purring beside the fire and winks at his listeners.

"And now Maui waits, for te next story to walk into te Halls of Heroes."

Garick83

First Post
Kae'than, Elvish Magus (Lvl 1)

"What interesting adventures you've had. I can tell you all are group worth traveling with!" Kae'than raises his water in a toasting fashion.
"Here, Here!"

Systole

First Post
A familiar dark shape noses open the door to the inn and makes his way inside. He sniffs the air and then bounds over to the swordsman and the druid. “Maui! Vincenzo! It’s good to see you guys! I mean, it would be good to see you guys except I’m really thirsty. Really, really thirsty. So thirsty I can barely think straight and stuff. Oh, and the boss is outside taking care of the horse. I’m sure she’ll be really glad to … uh … I’m sure she’ll say hello or something, anyway.”

Remove ads