[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Seein Sylla ener, Vincenceno is heard muttering, "uh oh" under his breath. When he doesn't get in trouble with the warrior he sighs with relief.

"see ya later boots." he says as the dark wolf returns with the bowl in his mouth. He chokes on his wine when he hears the eidalon attempt a 'meow'.

jkason

First Post
"Even if there isn't a job ready, there's always the people watching," Ru offers to Bel. He nods to the odd exchange involving an apparently-talking dog, and to the be-tailed newcomer. "The Dunn Wright gets more than its fair share of the exotic."

He leans down the bar a bit to catch the eye of the merfolk.

"I'm going to guess you aren't from around here? I'm Ru. I'll let my new acquaintance introduce himself. I hate to give away another person's secrets. Unless someone's paying enough," he gives a wink as he says the last.

jbear

First Post
Maui watches bemused as Sylla's eidolon enters, scrounges a drink of ale and wolfs it down before his angry mistress appears. His eyes dart over to his sleeping feline companion near the fire, brows furrowed as though trying to figure something out. With a shrug he gets up and heads over to the fire to put his feet up with a yawn, eyelids drooping.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Recruiting NPC

As the discussion on the room goes on, no one immediately notices when Grog and several of the newer staff disappear for a short while. Eventually Grog returns, and raises his voice to get the attention of the assembled adventurers. "Oy, got a job for some greenhorns. Those who think they have the mettle, go see Mr. Silvers in room 3."

[sblock=recruiting for To Bee or Not to Bee]This is an adventure for 4-5 first levels; new players will get preference. I will get a game thread posted later today after I have a chance to get some sleep.[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Normally people make entrances to get noticed in the tavern, but as an exception Amien and some others are already inside, having discussed pressing matters to that point. Once they get an opportunity to free themselves, Amien looks around and shares an observation, "You know.. we were talking of finding help.. why, we're surrounded by it! Maybe we can talk someone into joining with us.."

Amien browses around the room, looking for whoever might be best suited as a potential ally. Spying a hapless fellow lounging near a fire place, Amien rests his arm on the head rest of the furniture, looking down over Maui who looks to be drifting off. Smiling, Amien proceeds to grab his attention, "Greetings! You seem like a dependable man. I'm Amien."

[sblock=ooc] excuse any typos, had to type this on phone [/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra feels so much better now that she is healed and with all her gear ready for the next part of their mission. Mika, her leopard, walks behind nonchalantly, giving no attention to the humans and the strange scents in this inn. She wears makeshift collar made from a red bandana too.

Amien looks around and shares an observation, "You know.. we were talking of finding help.. why, we're surrounded by it! Maybe we can talk someone into joining with us.."

"Yeah, you are right. Let's ask around... there must be someone willing to lend a hand" she will let him speak first. She's not talkative anyway...

Maidel.png amurleopard_1600x600px_by_sangosfeline123-d63jopw.jpg

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
"See? Fortune's already seeking you," Ru offers to Bel. "I've been out so long, I think I need a little feet up time before I go ... now wait a minute." Ru's excuse for begging off the job falls aside as he notices the woman with the cat enter.

"Gal? Is that you?" he calls over to Galandra. "It's Ru. So I guess you took a liking to cats after we saved poor little Fiorella?"

BigB

First Post
The door bangs open much louder than normal drawing attention from the patrons for a second to see what the has caused this intrusion on their conversations. In the doorway stands a large muscled 1/2 orc looking startled and uncomfortable himself. Clearly he did not intend on such an entrance. He enters and carefully closes the door. "sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt. I am Tsaaruck. I was told I might find work." Uncomfortable in the busy room he nervously scans the occupants. When he see's Amien and Galandra a slight smile appears and he offers a wave.
Recruiting NPC

As the discussion on the room goes on, no one immediately notices when Grog and several of the newer staff disappear for a short while. Eventually Grog returns, and raises his voice to get the attention of the assembled adventurers. "Oy, got a job for some greenhorns. Those who think they have the mettle, go see Mr. Silvers in room 3."

Hearing this Tsaaruck cautiously finds his way through the room and on to room3 to see Mr. Silvers. "I would like to help."

[sblock=mini stats]
Barbarian 1
HP: 15/15 –
AC: 14 (Touch: 11, Flat: 13) with shield
Init: +1
CMB: +5 / CMD: 16
Fort: +5 / Ref: +1 / Will: +1
Speed: 40 ft.
In Hand: War Hammer: Attack: +5 = [BAB (1) + STR (4) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d8+4, Crit: 20/x3, Type B
Rage remaining: 6/6 [/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"See? Fortune's already seeking you," Ru offers to Bel. "I've been out so long, I think I need a little feet up time before I go ... now wait a minute." Ru's excuse for begging off the job falls aside as he notices the woman with the cat enter.

"Gal? Is that you?" he calls over to Galandra. "It's Ru. So I guess you took a liking to cats after we saved poor little Fiorella?"

Galandra is a gladly surprised to see Ru here. "Oh, well...." she looks back at Mika who is licking her paw now "I think what happened was that she kinda took a liking for me"

"Found her roaming the docks. We had just killed some big rats and I think that attracted her. She was quite hungry"
Galandra explains. "You are waiting for something? We kinda are waiting for some job to stop some slavers... It might get bloody though" she warns them.

jkason

First Post
Ru smiles at Galadra's explanation of finding her cat. "Well, as long as she's not hungry for people, it never hurts to have something with claws on your side," he quips.

"You are waiting for something? We kinda are waiting for some job to stop some slavers... It might get bloody though" she warns them.

The southerner shrugs. "As long as it's not mine, I don't know that I mind blood," he offers. "But it sounds like you've been keeping your skills honed better than I have of late. Afraid I'm probably a little rusty to be going out slicing and dicing just yet."

[sblock=ooc]I kind of fell off any kind of regular posting for a long while. I have Ru in the Dunn Wright to try to prove to myself I can keep up again before I foist him on a party and worry about falling behind. So he'll probably stick to the Inn for a while.

Also, as concerns this specific character, he's gone two levels behind his previous travelling companions due to my lack of activity. I could burn some DMC to bump him, but until I feel more solid on my posting rate, I figure I'll leave him alone. :) [/sblock]

Remove ads