[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad stepped into the common area. He thought it strange, that, after being several weeks and half a world away, he had still decided to come back here. He had traveled on his own here, all the way from the Seithr mountains atop his steed, Horse. It was only half the journey he had made before, during his flight from the desert, Rhat'manatis. He would have to return there, someday. This he knew, this he felt in his bones. But what then? His lord would make his intentions known in time, he trusted. Here, until then, he could help himself in helping others, and so he returned to this place.

He looked around the room, making note of the people in the throng. The most notable among them was the Lady Pirvinia, with whom he had traveled in the past, yet he could not see his other companions from his previous adventure. Perhaps they'd be along any day now. He weaved through the crowd without much difficulty to where the sorceress sat and bowed.

"As salam-alaykum, Lady. It has been a while," the nomad greeted, while gesturing to one of the open seats, "Do you mind if I join you?"
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +3 Reflex: +9 Will: +5
Perception: +11, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+4, 18-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos gives the newcomers a friendly nod. He adds a warm smile as he's introduced to Larissa. "Well met, Larissa. Tyrien speaks highly of you."

[sblock=ooc] FYI, out of any kind of internet contact from Dec 19 - 29[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa smiles at Eanos. "Thank you," she offers. "Though it was Tyrien's bow that made all the difference in our battles."

Marla delivers another goblet. Larissa thanks her and pours herself some wine. "Is there any word of work for adventurers?" She asks.

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +6 (currently wearing Cloak of Elvenkind, not Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength CAST:* Daybreak Arrow
* Read Magic CAST:* Protection from Evil CAST:* Bull's Strength CAST: * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 3d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:

[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Nothing that sound like it is in need of our four skill sets, as yet." Heinrich says, sipping his wine with what could be construed as a thoughtful gaze. If one were to look closer it could be seen that he is busy casing all of the occupants.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien waved away the praise, “Oh, do not sell yourself short, Larissa. Your spell that enchanted them with daylight ensured that my arrows were very effective when those buggers tried hiding in the darkness.”

“Eanos and Heinrich have both proved to be equally capable in their own rights too. Eanos has a unique talent for sneaking women into men’s baths.”

“Though we do have need of one to help us. As you might note, two archers and mage can do well at distance. But we soon learned that large numbers can still survive the hail of arrows and get in close. When in tight spaces or a back to our wall, then we are stuck and unable to fall back to continue shooting.”

“How good is your armor and powers of healing now?”
she asked Larissa.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +10 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 30 (23 flat-footed, 20 Touch)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +11 CMD: 31(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +16 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Improved Snap Shot (15ft), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Seeker Arrow: 1/1 Remaining
Rounds of Haste: 10/10 Remaining
Fly Spell from armor: 1/1 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Silent Image)
2nd Level 1/1 (Cure Moderate Wounds, Sound Burst)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia nodded. After their previous disagreements, she found that Samad had been willing to use his spells for healing after all. They had not talked about since, but with the main issue no longer applicable there had not been a need on the return journey.

“By all means, Samad. All settled in here in the city, then?”

Meanwhile, Mazi spotted a half-orc (Iago) sitting not too far away. She flitted over and landed on the table to greet him, “Hello, Tsarruk. You are wearing different feathers today.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 5/9, 2nd Level: 4/5, 3rd Level 1/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
“How good is your armor and powers of healing now?” she asked Larissa.

Larissa nods, a hint of a smile. "My sword and my spirit both still serve my Lady," she replies, unconsciously brushing two fingers along the holy symbol that hangs from her neck. "Though I have faced less battle in recent months. Still, I expect I can be of use, if we band together."

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +6 (currently wearing Cloak of Elvenkind, not Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength CAST:* Daybreak Arrow
* Read Magic CAST:* Protection from Evil CAST:* Bull's Strength CAST: * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 3d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:

[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Meanwhile, Mazi spotted a half-orc (Iago) sitting not too far away. She flitted over and landed on the table to greet him, “Hello, Tsarruk. You are wearing different feathers today.”

Since his companions left to pursue an offer of employment, the half-orc has been idly drawing alchemical equations on the table in mead. He looks up at the thrush, half-surprised, half-amused. But any creature capable of polite speech is worthy of courtesy.

"I think you have me confused with someone else," he says. "My name is Iago. Would you care for some nuts?"

The horsemen of the Pell sometimes brave the fringes of the Harran in late autumn, seeking the seeds of the Allyreana tree. Their forays are disliked by both the native fauna and the guardians of the Harran, and over the years much blood has been spilled to procure the potent, oily nuts. They make their way by caravan to Venza, where alchemists scour the markets and pay dearly for them.

Iago pulls a small pouch from his pocket and spills a few onto the table for the bird.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 42 Current: 42
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +1;
PER Roll: +8/+10 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Shield, Identify, Expeditious Retreat, *unassigned*
Level 2: Bull’s Strength, Alchemical Allocation, Alchemical Allocation

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +6 = [BAB(3) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+5.5*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 8 bombs/day

Longbow: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, P, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk upon returning to Venza from helping find and clear the lost emporium, purchased a small bit of land where he set up his tent in relative seclusion while still remaining in the city. When all was in place he once again found himself entering the Dunn Wright Inn. Odd as he normally seeks more seclusion, the human side must be stronger than it looks and drawing him to socialize. His armor seems less worn and he seems to be missing the burn marks from the last adventure except for what seems a new pelt of a very large wolf that appears to have been dragged through fire. The pelt hangs from the back of his armor as if a knights standard but more fitting the 1/2 orc barbarian. He quickly spots Samad and Privinia and approaches their table. "Good to see you have returned. Torglarok brings us together again, perhaps there is more need of our shields. Do you like my new pelt, it is the skin of the wolf king. I returned to the sight on the way back to Venza and claimed my prize. The wolf threatened us and now he rests upon my back as a warning to others. May I join you?" He asks as he is halfway seated as though just remembering to be polite. He sits heavily and orders food and drink.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
“Eanos and Heinrich have both proved to be equally capable in their own rights too."

The pale skin of the Olde Landellian highlander blushes at the praise of the archeress so he hides behind his drink to cover as much of the blush as possible.

"Eanos has a unique talent for sneaking women into men’s baths.”

*Cough!* Heinrich stops drinking his mulled wine and slooowwwly lowers his goblet. His eyebrow is raising as his cup lowers. byt the time his mouth is seen, he has a grin that says one thing: 'You sly dog, you!'

“Though we do have need of one to help us. As you might note, two archers and mage can do well at distance. But we soon learned that large numbers can still survive the hail of arrows and get in close. When in tight spaces or a back to our wall, then we are stuck and unable to fall back to continue shooting.”

He returns his focus to the two women and says, "I have learned a trick or two that will help in a similar situation if there is ever a next time."

Remove ads