[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
At sight of the Whitecloak, Eanos' gaze drifts toward the surface of the table. As the Whitecloak mentions agitated nobles, the tanned ginger fiddles with the ring on his right hand, and those looking directly at him as he does notice that his features seem to shift slightly. A slightly off-model Eanos glances back up, shrugging.

"That 'sneaking folks into bathhouses' thing may have ruffled a few of the wrong feathers," he whispers to the people at his table. "Never hurts to be careful, so think I'll steer clear."

jkason

First Post
A swarthy, well-groomed man swaggers his way into the Dunn Wright. He doesn't bother saying hello to anyone as he notices a small group gathering near a White Cloak. A mischievous grin splits his beard as he sidles up to listen in on just what he's wandered into.

[sblock=ooc]I'm interested in maybe taking Ru on a 6th-ish adventure. Unfortunately, I'll be completely AFK starting tomorrow and going through around the 29th. I don't think I'll have time to even equip Ru until I get back.

If that holds things up too much, I'm fine with having Ru cool his heels for a bit. Just thought I'd throw him in here in case recruitment takes long enough that he's not dragging everyone down.[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad stared at the wolf hide, perhaps for a few moments longer than necessary. He broke away from his mesmerization and nodded to his former companion, "Aye, it suits you well."
"And yes, settled enough, I should think. I'm renting my old room, which suits me fine. How...?" He began, but was cut-off by the entry of the Commander. He listened to her request. He generally wasn't one to shy away from a request, and he had been back for a few days; he was getting restless at this point.
"I suppose we can catch up later then," He said, before getting up and making his way to the White Cloak.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
My armor is much better now, but I can also take quick shots at any that ignore me while getting too close.”[/COLOR]

A grin forms then looking at Tyrian he says, "I haf learned that ignoring you at any time is a deadly mistake in any situation - at any time."

At sight of the Whitecloak, Eanos' gaze drifts toward the surface of the table. As the Whitecloak mentions agitated nobles, the tanned ginger fiddles with the ring on his right hand, and those looking directly at him as he does notice that his features seem to shift slightly. A slightly off-model Eanos glances back up, shrugging.

"That 'sneaking folks into bathhouses' thing may have ruffled a few of the wrong feathers," he whispers to the people at his table. "Never hurts to be careful, so think I'll steer clear."
An eyebrow raises to his hairline, "You must tell this some day" he says with a wink.

Systole

First Post
Jacobson.jpg

Commander Jacobson looks at the assembled volunteers and nods. "The job is southeast, about a day and a half's travel. There's a cheesemaker which is run by the Weathersmith brothers. From what I've been told, they're quite good at it and usually quite reliable, but they've missed their shipments for the past two days," she explains. "And apparently this is a source of great consternation for a great many of Venza's elite. Why, Dame Forenicci spent almost half of my morning telling me how absolutely vital it is that she have some of the Weathersmiths' blue-veined fourme d'ambert for her party tomorrow night."

She rubs her forehead. "I apologize. There is more to the job than just that. Venza's sailors -- both the merchant marine and the navy -- rely on hardtack and cheese for rations, and a large portion of that cheese comes from the Weathersmiths. And I also spoke with Fallson Hev over at the Land Owners and Cultivators Guild, and he assured me that the Weathersmiths have never missed a shipment before. So above and beyond the concerns of nobles and merchants and what-have-you, there might actually be citizens in trouble. The problem is, it's too soon for the Whitecloaks to officially investigate. Even if we could, we're stretched too thin as it is."

The commander shakes her head and exhales. "Fortunately, we have a discretionary fund for issues like these, so the Whitecloaks are looking for a few people to check out the situation. You'll head down there, and if there's foul play, consider yourselves deputized and get to the bottom of it. Questions?"

OOC: @jkason The holidays will be slow, so we won't really be getting underway until afterwards. I can NPC Ru until you get back.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien munched on the food the fire mage had acclaimed and nodded in agreement with Eanos.

"Aye, there are some powerful people that can have long memories when scorned. We were not the most inconspicuous, were we." She was not sure she should say more where they could be overheard.

She grinned a little wickedly at Heinrich's comment and said, "Yes, any time, place, foe... what's that over there?" She pointed over the mage's shoulder to make a distraction to swipe more of the delicacy on his plate.

Tyrien motioned for Larissa to help herself to some too. "All in teamwork, yeah?" She waved to Marla and gestured for another 2 orders of what Heinrich was eating.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +10 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 30 (23 flat-footed, 20 Touch)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +11 CMD: 31(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +16 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Improved Snap Shot (15ft), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Seeker Arrow: 1/1 Remaining
Rounds of Haste: 10/10 Remaining
Fly Spell from armor: 1/1 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Silent Image)
2nd Level 1/1 (Cure Moderate Wounds, Sound Burst)[/sblock] [sblock=Judge Note]Guys; the IC thread is looking cluttered with people quoting of other character’s dialog. It is really not necessary. Please just use narration to indicate who you character is talking to instead. It does the same thing.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

With another half-orc (Mazi's new friend Iago) and a human she doesn't recognize (Ru), Pirvinia starts adding more to the list of adventurous types that could answer this call. She gives them nods of greeting but does not interrupt the Commander as she explains.

Shipments of noble's cheese was not a swaying argument for her, but the idea of reliable citizenry being endangered was enough to keep her interested in offering her services. The mention of payment made her feel like a mercenary, she merely nodded at the proposal of being hired.

"If there are good people in danger, then I can agree to help. I am sure my former companions at arms," she gestured towards Mazi, Tsarruk and Samad each in turn, "would likely concur. Mayhap these other two as well." Pirvinia inclined her head towards the human and half-orc as she referred to them.

"Do the Whitecloaks have any reports of the potential dangers the Weathersmiths could have encountered on the way to Venza? Surely if the belief is they likely suffered foul play, then there must be substantiating information to lead to the conclusion."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock] [sblock=OOC Note]No worries, JK. I too will be out of town over Xmas this year too and may not have Internet access this time.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Yes, what is the state of the roads?" asks Iago, following up on the human woman's question. "Are there reports of bandits? Did the Weathersmiths have any rivals who would wish them harm?"

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 42 Current: 42
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +1;
PER Roll: +8/+10 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Shield, Identify, Expeditious Retreat, *unassigned*
Level 2: Bull’s Strength, Alchemical Allocation, Alchemical Allocation

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +6 = [BAB(3) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+5.5*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 8 bombs/day

Longbow: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, P, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa smiles gratefully at Tyrien's invitation, but resists the temptation to take food from the Landellian's plate. "Teamwork, yes," she affirms.

She leans back and takes another sip of wine, content for the moment to watch the byplay between the other three.

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +6 (currently wearing Cloak of Elvenkind, not Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength CAST:* Daybreak Arrow
* Read Magic CAST:* Protection from Evil CAST:* Bull's Strength CAST: * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 3d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich slides the plate closer to the two women with a wink then looks away to the indicated direction with an exaggerated "HUH?"

Then after about 15 seconds he looks around and quietly announces, " I am getting bored. What kind of trouble should I cause?"

Remove ads