[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

mfloyd3

Explorer
Marla brings the additional plates of food out to the group of adventurers. Larissa samples a frog leg.

"These are quite good," she observes. "I've had frog legs in some towns on the Ouhm, but they were always a bit bland."

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +6 (currently wearing Cloak of Elvenkind, not Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength CAST:* Daybreak Arrow
* Read Magic CAST:* Protection from Evil CAST:* Bull's Strength CAST: * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 3d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
The barmaid stays on station a few more moments to make sure everything is to her client's liking. Upon hearing Larissa's praise, she replies, "Thank you. A combination of fresh legs and masterful preparation, of which only the former can I take any credit for. I have discovered that for mere coppers, the boys around here will bring you all the big frogs you want!" She chuckles a moment, before continuing, "I even feign surprise or revulsion when they show the frogs to me, just to let them think they got the better of me. But after seeing some of my customers, ordinary frogs just aren't so scary."

Marla takes a moment to fix her hair, which has fallen into disarray, before finishing, "Anything else I can bring you, just ask. You all know the policy around here."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
MaylorJacobson.jpg

A man entered the crowded tavern. He was a maturing human, with an experienced look and obvious aura of authority. He carried himself with a confident demeanor.

He was wearing a breastplate and there was a sword on his belt. The cape from his shoulders and the gold braid loop identified him as someone of considerable standing and rank in the Venzan military.

He was flanked by two more hulking soldiers in half-plate armor.

After surveying the patrons from the doorway, he spotted who he was looking for and the sharp spurs on his boots jangled as he approached the table where Eanos and Tyrien were sitting.

His glare was not happy as he eyed Eanos.

"At last I find that you have returned to the Venza."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich sits with his tankard on the table, his hand ready to lift it. He sees the rank insignia and knew not to act suddenly, if for no other reason then to keep his head on his shoulders.

"Das Herr, ist friend of yours Eanos?", for some reason he feels nervous about the demeanor of the plated solders.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos frowns, cocking his head to one side to consider the newcomer.

"Sure'n I've no ken who this'n be, me friend," Eanos says to Heinrich's query, though the obvious change in his speech pattern seems a good indicator that the archer isn't inclined to acknowledge who he may or may not be under his own magical disguise.

[sblock=ooc]Honestly, I'm not sure myself who this is. My best guess is that it might be The General from Elenore's Jewels, but skimming the thread, I'm not sure Eanos ever saw him (the picture in your post certainly doesn't appear there), and vice-versa.

Since he's unsure who this person is, or who this person thinks Eanos might be, he's going to maintain the disguise he activated here (Chameleon Power Ring. +15 Disguise check), and make use of a Silver-Tongue boosted Bluff (+22) to back up his claims of ignorance and "not the droids you're looking for"-ness :) [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Suddenly Heinrich feel like he had not reacted so quickly and identified his friend to whomever this person may exactly be

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien looked up at the military man and his two flunkies. She was not one to be impressed but pomp and circumstance, but she did appreciate gaudy and colorful fashion. She remained casual and nonchalant about the intrusion to their dining experience.

“I like your cape and stuff. You want a frog leg?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +10 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 30 (23 flat-footed, 20 Touch)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +11 CMD: 31(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +16 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Improved Snap Shot (15ft), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Seeker Arrow: 1/1 Remaining
Rounds of Haste: 10/10 Remaining
Fly Spell from armor: 1/1 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Silent Image)
2nd Level 1/1 (Cure Moderate Wounds, Sound Burst)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
MaylorJacobson.jpg

One of the hulking men had the gravelly voice of one used to yelling a lot scoffed at the lack of respect. “Ya better pay General Vedici sum respect, you fookin’ scum.”

The General merely smiled wickedly as Eanos tried to play innocent. He stepped closer to the table so his voice did not need to carry.

“Oh, I know full well who you are Eanos Setirav. And you too, Tyrien e’Adrianne.”

“Your magic tricks cannot fool me. I have considerable resources and can afford to pay for the information I want.”

If the General recognized Heinrich or Larissa, he made no mention of it. Nor did he even look at them. His two men did watch them carefully, as one might expect from a bodyguard.

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Busing a nearby table, the Dunn Wright Inn's barmaid continues working as the general and his men enter the bar, looking up casually, as she often does. However, as the conversation continues, she quickly finishes picking up mugs and wiping down table and returns to the relative safety behind the bar. Brushing by Grog, she casts a wary eye back towards the newcomers and speaks in a low voice to the burly barkeep, "Careful... they look serious... and dangerous." She quickly turns to the kitchen door.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ At the bar ~

Bartender.jpg

Grog shook his head as he stood using a rag to dry off a mug.

His rumbling voice carried to the table. "Ya, da popinjay Gen'ral nawt be startin' sheet in har."

"Dem reglar's shud fookin' ken betta too. Cuz iffin any did, I be poundin' dem inta next Tuesday. Den dey all be cleanin' up da mess."

The retired half-orc warrior rolls his neck, the popping like little gunshots as he started limbering up. In the history of the Dunn Wright Inn, no one has ever crossed the bartender and lived to return to the establishment. Some say he is half orc and half giant because of his strength.

Remove ads