[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

~ At the table beside Ethane ~

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo nodded as they discussed the city. He had not explored many of the Districts either during his stay.

“Aye, this area around the docks and wharves is known as The Gulls because of all those birds that are always in the air gliding on sea breezes.”

“There are supposedly eleven districts in all. The upper class one is called Twin Roses, the craftsmen do most of their work in Incudine. The slums are in Ranocchio or more commonly known as The Planks.”

Looking to the front door of the tavern, the bard recalls his own curiosity at the severed head on a pike outside. It had only taken a few inquiries to get the story, since the tavern staff all knew it.

“The story I heard is that some of the prominent adventurers that came in here some time back encountered a dangerous barghest. I guess that is a nasty, wolf-like creature. But they claimed it was much more dangerous than any wolf or worg.”

“Supposedly it had magical abilities to instill fear and despair on its prey. It could allegedly walk through solid walls as well. It was intelligent enough to speak and talked about trying to devour souls.”

“How much of that is really true, I cannot say. But the fighter that brought the head back thought the creature warranted being made into a trophy to advertise the expertise of the patrons who come here.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Its too much. The wizard stands to leave. "I have a scroll to read und transcribe. I be back later."

leave for home to read and transcribe a scroll.

OOC: it has been so long since I have transcribed for Heinrich, where do we show the dice rolls?

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I was speaking spiritually," replies Larissa. "Though the members of my Order travel quite a bit. We all seek to change ourselves, to grow."

She looks at the paladin. "What does Helerion ask of you?"

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ At the bar with Larissa ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande immediately thought about the various things she had been tasked with doing over her career. The list was many, but not all were directly at Helerion’s bidding.

“In general, He asks that I be lawful and good. I am charged with combating evil and putting a stop to their activities. I am to protect the innocent, even giving my life if necessary.”

“Since being anointed as one of His Champions, my responsibilities have increased. I have encountered quests that I could feel being endorsed by Him. The divine feeling of correctness was strong enough that I could clearly tell this was His divine will that I take on the tasks.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich returns from copying a spell into his book.

[sblock=copy scroll to spell book]Note to self:
cost to scribe stone shape: 160 gp
steps to scribe:

1) int 10 spell level [14 int req - check]

2)the wizard must first decipher the magical writing (see Arcane Magical Writings). spell craft dc 20 + spell level
[vs dc 24] check
[roll0]

3)Next, he must spend 1 hour studying the spell. At the end of the hour, he must make a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell's level). A wizard who has specialized in a school of spells gains a +2 bonus on the Spellcraft check if the new spell is from his specialty.
[vs dc 19] check
[roll1]
[/sblock]Heinrich returns to the Dunn Wright inn, but instead of his sharp eyed, astute, if not slightly stand-offish demeanor, he seems like he had been wrestling against a large horse. Tired. furrowed brow. slightly sweating. He catches Marla as she is whirling about from table to table. He whispers to her and sits by the fire. He actually seems chilled as he places himself by the fire. Soon Marla returns with a goblet of mulled wine, steaming even in the warm air of the tavern.

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
"What does that feel like?" asks Larissa. "To be so closely in touch with the divine? To know the will of your god?"

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
~Ethane's Table~
[section]

Ethane listens well to the story Barlo told him of the wolf like creature with his head mounted on the door. "I can understand that. By showing such a creature, you are in fact advertising the skills of those here. It also makes for an interesting landmark when trying to find the place, if it is your first time in the city."

Ethane spins his wine goblet in his hand, trying to think of new questions to ask Barlo. Realizing that he has done most of the inquiring so far, he asks Barlo "Is there anything you would like to ask of me? I apologize for the ceaseless questions; I still find this city so fascinating."
[/section]

[sblock=Ethane Stats]
Ethane Beray
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 83/83
CMB: +07 CMD: 20
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +14
Perception: +11
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear +14/+09 1d8+2 20/x3
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:

Level 0 Spells( 3 ): Light, Purify Food and Drink, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells(5+1): Shield*, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil
Level 2 Spells(5+1): Barkskin*, Grace, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
Level 3 Spells(3+1): Protection from Energy*, Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment, Prayer
Level 4 Spells(2+1): Spell Immunity*, Greater Magic Weapon, Freedom of Movement
Level 5 Spells(1+1): Quickened Shield*, Quickened Divine Favor
* Indicates Domain Spell

Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Deflection Aura: 1/1: 20' Aura +2 Deflection AC / CMD. Lasts for 9 rounds
Aura of Protection: 9/9: 30' aura; gain +1 deflection bonus, resistance 5 Fire/Electric/Sonic/Acid/Lightning
Channel: 3/3 5d6 30' burst.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ At the bar with Larissa ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande was rather casual in her demeanor. The other woman had asked similar type of questions that sounded like they thought she was actually having conversations with her god.

“It is only a warm feeling of rightness that confirms a decision that I have made when I am taking part of my daily devotions. I am His champion so it helps to feel vindicated in the choices I have made in carrying out His will.”

“Though, I do not claim to have a closer connection than any of our priests that also commune with him daily. I just no longer need the spiritual guidance or affirmation of one of our High Priests to know what to do.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

~ At the table beside Ethane ~

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo smiled and waved away the apology, “Tis no need to apologize for curiosity, my new friend. It has not been like you have been prying.”

“And this city is quite interesting and unique… though I could do without the stench of the canals at times.”

He took a swallow from the goblet and glanced around for a moment. There did not appear to be anything else going on that was more interesting that sitting around and drinking with good company.

“You mentioned just arriving. Why not tell me more about why you came and where you came from, if you are of a mind?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 7/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

resrick

First Post
~~Speaking with Trixie~~

latest

"Eiy little miss, I come from a land far to the north of here full of snow and tundra. My tribe were a group of nomads who traveled within the tundra and followed the herds. Many would call us barbarians due to our love for fighting, but alas, that was but one part of our life." He smiles deeply thinking back upon the memories of battle and song so closely intertwined together."For me it was not necessarily about the battles, but the sweet songs that would come to me as the clash of steel, muscle, sweat and blood would all become mingled together. The sound of battle cries dwarfed even the greatest of this worlds poets and the sounds of men's deaths brought tears beyond that of the sweetest songs of romance. Eiy, I learned much in my time among my people, but something called out to me to see more of the world...that there were more songs to be heard and sing than could be found among my people." Barnibus's eyes cloud over as he reminisce on his people and tries to listen to another song that he can not quite make out the notes to in his mind.

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

Remove ads