[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
After a quick glance at the obviously drunken halfling, Tamarie returns her gaze to Meanor. She thinks a moment, then speaks. "I could see having some success with historical research. Starting with libraries and scholars would seem a good first stepping stone. I'm not sure how much solid information is really out there from that time period, so much as been lost."

Stopping to take a sip of wine, the songweaver sets the glass flute down. "Venza, City of Glass, indeed. Anyway, with the time travel issue, you may well be against not only the limitations of the craft, but the willingness of wizards to release the absolute upper tier of magic as a task mage would a Mending spell. Whether principled or not, I could see ulterior motives for laughing it off."

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

At Francis' comment Maenor let's out a loud laugh and claps the halfling on the back. "Perhaps time is cyclical, eh?" His looks off into space briefly, "I wonder how many mugs it would take to get back home? Time for some research." He flags down the barmaid, "One...uh.." He turns to Francis, "What was it called again?" Tamarie's response momentarily distracts him from his ordering issues and he nods vigorously at her suggestion. "The thought had crossed my mind; however, my need is great. I won't let some mages' taboo stand in my way"
[/section]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Prince of All Halflings

"Lord Maenor, I'll take care of it." Francis calls out to Marla. "Miss Marla, be a good soul and have old Groggy-Bear pour another mug of his best for Sir Thandgur."

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 21/21

AC: 14 FF:12 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+2 Fear)

Initiative: +2

Bluff: +17
Perception: +10

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Adaptable Luck: 3/3

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Spark
Level 1: Hypnotism, Sleep

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]
HP: 10/10

Initiative: 3
AC: 17 FF: 14 T:15
CMB: +1 CMD: 8
Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3

Melee: bite +3 (1d2-2)
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Climb: +16,
Stealth: +20
Swim: +16
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Adept

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

Erin walks into the inn and settles into a comfortable table near the door. Days of studying swordplay and arcane tomes have earned her a respite and a well deserved wine, or five. "Marla, can I get a bottle of your finest and cheapest wine? Time to relax for a bit." She sighs stifling a yawn, and pushes up her glasses with an idle finger as she scans the room.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog "The Giantslayer" Strongheart

The main door slams open as a dwarf appears and tries to fill the entire space left empty with every inch of his four foot tall stature. Glancing around quickly, he straightens up his studded leather armor. Bearing all the signs of an upcoming warrior, with various weapons strewn across his back and hanging from his belt, he quickly strides boldly forward to the bar, "Brog the Giantslayer of the great and noble Strongheart clan at your service understanding that this is the place to go to find right and proper adventures. What giants have ye that need slaying today?"

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

Qalabash muses on Maenor's tale for a good long time. Long enough that the out of place noble scion turns elsewhere for his entertainment. That, unfortunately, seems to be Francis John no. 3 and a jug of Grog's 'gud stuf'. Qalabash clears his throat and reaches out tentatively but stops short of actually touching Maenor's arm.

"Lord Thandgur, I humbly submit, as one who has sampled those incendiary spirits, that it would be unwise to ingest anything that Grog or Francis John submits for your consumption. As for your tale, it is fantastical one and well told but if there is truth to it, then there are none wiser or more learned than the priests of the temple of Sapo or the wizards of the Tower of Chains."

Qalabash leans back in his seat having done his duty and turns towards the door as it opens and closes three times in a short span of time. A dwarf and two tiefling enter a bar... Qalabash snorts his amusement and mutters, "Sounds like a bad joke." A bit louder he calls out, "Welcome, Strangers, to the Dunn Wright Inn: the crown jewel of eateries inhabited by out of work princes and kings, tramps and thieves."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 4
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 15
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +6; +8 Trip CMD: 17; 19 vs. Trip Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +3

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: none
Spells Prepared:
  • 2nd level (DC 15): Frigid Touch, Mirror Image
  • 1st level (DC 14): Blade Lash, Grease, Long Arm, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +7
Arcane Pool: 5/5 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

[size=+1]The Spotted Beast[/size], cat familiar
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 16
HP: 19 Current: 19
CMB: +? CMD: ? Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: n/a
Conditions: none
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog "The Giant Slayer" Strongheat

Brog perks up at the mention of princes and kings. "Princes and kings? I was told many wondrous tales about this place, but none about princes or kings. I am in good company indeed, as only properly befits a scion of the Strongheart clan. Know ye of any giants that need slaying? Or barring that, I would even be eager to hear of any agents of those foul beats. My axe yearns to cleanse the world of their foul stain."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Prince of All Halflings

Francis thumbs his nose over at Qalabash, presenting him with a grin most impish. "I believe our friend should have the freedom to enjoy whatever fine liquor he desires!"

Next, he motions over to the new dwarf and tieflings, "Come join us for some merrymaking of the highest degree! Do tell us your names and come have a seat with us!"

Speaking directly Brog, "Today might be your lucky night, as now you find yourself with Lord Maenor Thrandgur, royal heir to the land of poppy seeds, and myself, Francis John III, crown prince of all halflings. Oh, and my future queen, owner of world-renowned beauty, the lady Tamarie and a soldier most-trustworthy Sir Qalabash the Entertaining." He smiles and pulls up a chair for the dwarf.

[/section]

[sblock=Bluff 33, to believe all the crap he just said.]Bluff: 1D20+17 = [16]+17 = 33
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 21/21

AC: 14 FF:12 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+2 Fear)

Initiative: +2

Bluff: +17

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6