[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
For a moment, Tamarie seems most preoccupied with Qalabash's comments. Counting off options on her fingers, she mutters, "Not a king, prince, thief... that means... oh." She shoots the old man a somewhat surprised look and offers, "That booze Grag gave you is rough, indeed. Seems to have pretty much done Francis in."

Her amber eyes drifting onto the newcomer dwarf, she nods in introduction as she is mentioned by others. "I know of no giants here," she begins, swirling the wine in her flute for a while before taking a sip. "However, you're welcome to wait for one here. Or anyone else, for that matter."

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog Strongheart

It's hard to tell how much of the halfling's statement Brog believed and how much he simply didn't pay attention to; either way, you're not sure the effect would really be any different, especially since right as he was about to react, a waitress walked by carrying a tray of food, reminding Brog that he hadn't eaten since breakfast. After taking a minute to order a fair amount of food and drink, he joins the group at the table, followed shortly by enough food for two or three. "You must pardon my stomach, but giant slaying takes a lot of energy. If you wish to share in the bounty this fine staff has provided, feel free; I have no doubt that whatever brings you to this place of glory and excitement must be equally taxing." He is silent as he eats, showing a high degree of manners that would not immediately be expected from his appearance and personality. After a few minutes, he pushs back an empty plate, "What great and glorious quests brings such illustrious folks such as yourselves to this place of adventure and fortune?"

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
The elven-blooded woman considers the giantslayer a moment, then replies, her voice carrying the same musical intonation as before, "Thank you, I've eaten already. I'm on my after dinner... enjoyment." She swirls an ever-receding supply of red wine in her flute and takes another sip. Before her sits a full bottle, but she hasn't touched it.

"Anway, I have heard of amazing adventures in this room," Tamarie continues, more directly addressing Brog's question. "However, my jobs have been ridding places of nuisance monsters, such as kobold musicians or a sea hag with strange abilities. Both cases the battle ended with my compatriots bleeding on the floor and a madcap effort to keep them from expiring."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ungalla

The door to the Dunn Wright Inn creaks open and at first it doesn't appear as if anyone is entering. Suddenly a sea breeze blows in bringing the smell of salt into the inn and, apparently, a wizened old halfling.

She is truly old, beyond elderly and well into ancient. Her skin is browned from the sun and folded with the marks of great experience. A gold ring pierces her nose and she wears a red and green checked under-robe, the design of which is currently popular in the district of Banging Mallet. Her over-robe is green and held closed with a simple but valuable chain of golden links.

The halfling tilts back her head, narrows her eyes, and totters into the inn right into the midst of all the commotion and peers at the patrons all in turn. Tamarie earns a long, studious look but the old woman passes over Qalabash and Francis John III with hardly a glance at all. She pauses next to Brog but takes a step further and stops at the side of the tiefling.

"Rak'tan Veragni, I have need of you."

[sblock=OOC]This is a recruitment for Rak'tan to replace Barnibus in About a Cow. I still plan on coming up with something for Maenor, Brog, and Merry's character yet to arrive but it'll be a few days at least before that happens and I would like to get Trogdor involved sooner than that. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post

The door to the Dunn Wright Inn creaks open and at first it doesn't appear as if anyone is entering. Suddenly a sea breeze blows in bringing the smell of salt into the inn and, apparently, a wizened old halfling.

She is truly old, beyond elderly and well into ancient. Her skin is browned from the sun and folded with the marks of great experience. A gold ring pierces her nose and she wears a red and green checked under-robe, the design of which is currently popular in the district of Banging Mallet. Her over-robe is green and held closed with a simple but valuable chain of golden links.

The halfling tilts back her head, narrows her eyes, and totters into the inn right into the midst of all the commotion and peers at the patrons all in turn. Tamarie earns a long, studious look but the old woman passes over Qalabash and Francis John III with hardly a glance at all. She pauses next to Brog but takes a step further and stops at the side of the tiefling.

"Rak'tan Veragni, I have need of you."

[sblock=OOC]This is a recruitment for Rak'tan to replace Barnibus in About a Cow. I still plan on coming up with something for Maenor, Brog, and Merry's character yet to arrive but it'll be a few days at least before that happens and I would like to get Trogdor involved sooner than that. :)[/sblock]
"What need might you have of me, old one?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ungalla, of the Tower of Chains

The halfling smiles a thin smile at Rak'tan's descriptive 'old one'. She bobs her head ever so slightly.

"I am Ungalla, of the Tower of Chains, and I have lost a student." She smiles and Rak'tan gets the feeling that it couldn't possibly be something as simple as that. "I sent my student to investigate reports of a collapsed tower just a day's journey from here. An ancient tower once known as Starlight Keep." She waves her bony hand as if waving away pesky flies.

"Irrelevant, but there it is. My need is for one to travel to this Starlight Keep and discover the fate of my student. It is worth a golden link to me for the information; two for his return." Her fingers brush the chain belt she wears and her brow arches in silent question: Will Rak'tan take the job?​

[sblock=OOC]Trogdor, no need to quote a post in IC threads. We know who you are responding to and it keeps the thread neater if you don't quote. Thanks.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ungalla, of the Tower of Chains

Ungalla nods and gently plucks at Rak'tan's sleeve indicating she would like for him to step aside and away from the ruckus of the bar and nearby tables.

"If this goes well, then perhaps I can do something to add to the weight of your pouch."

Ungalla goes on to describe the location of this Starlight Keep giving detailed directions a single day's journey north of the city. The ruined keep is near a farm owned by a man named Jezz and, by her report, is empty. The directions are clear enough that Rak'tan thinks he could find it easily. Her student, she tells him, is a human by the name of Coran and she is afraid he has had some minor accident that has prevented him from returning to his master.​

[sblock=Trogdor]I'll be heading to About a Cow right after this post to give you an intro so you can get started.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

Ungalla nods once again.

"Send word or report to the Tower of Chains when you return."

Having said her piece she walks from the inn.​

Remove ads