[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
Pirate Treasure recruitment

A man who clearly makes his living on the docks enters the room and goes up to Grog, who is watching the man quietly with a business like expression on his face. After a brief conversation of pleasantries, both Grog and the man disappear into the back. Grog returns a few minutes later and pins a poster on the Helped Wanted poster before going back to his regular duties.

The poster, filled out in fancy script, says the following:
Are you bored?

Need some income?

Interested in exploring tales of old?

Than I have a job for you.
I need help in verifying certain documents regarding Old Greybeard.
Pay is good and adventure is guaranteed.

Those interested should talk to Grog to find out what room I am interviewing people in.

[sblock=recruiting]Dunkel, Cruendithas, Wahyu, Qalabash, Leira, and Tamarie can now report to Pirate Treasure.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Having watched the small fire creature be mesmerized by tobacco smoke for a while, Tamarie's amber eyes switch to the man talking to Grog. When Grog comes back and nails up a poster, Tamarie is there even before the big man is done. Peering around him, she starts taking in what information is available. After a brief moment, she concludes, "Two out of three I guess..."

Turning back to the room, Tamarie calls out to a couple of the other patrons. "Qalabash, Leira... look, a pirate adventure!" Under her breath, she mutters, "Hopefully not another hag."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

Hearing his name Qalabash wakens with a snort. He looks around surreptitiously to see if anyone noticed then gets up to join Tamarie at the board. He frowns.

"Pirates? Does that mean we'll be on a ship again? Gods above! I hope not! All that heaving to and fro and up and down. Just makes my stomach churn to think on it. Or perhaps, that is the result of the goodly Grog's not so goodly grog. Yech. Might as well go see what is what.

So... the room, Grog? Thank you."
Qalabash grins at Tamarie. "Shall we go see what persons join us on this exploration into history?"

The Spotted Beast slinks around the edge of the room avoiding the flaming creature with its smoking drink to follow Qalabash.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 4
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 15
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +6; +8 Trip CMD: 17; 19 vs. Trip Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +3

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: none
Spells Prepared:
  • 2nd level (DC 15): Frigid Touch, Mirror Image
  • 1st level (DC 14): Blade Lash, Grease, Long Arm, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +7
Arcane Pool: 5/5 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

[size=+1]The Spotted Beast[/size], cat familiar
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 16
HP: 19 Current: 19
CMB: +? CMD: ? Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: n/a
Conditions: none
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
The door to the inn opens once again to allow entrance to one hopeful of adventure. A gnome enters carrying many rolled parchments and wearing gear more befitting adventure than reading. Crue enters and approaches the bar right away. "Word on the street is that someone needs documents verified regarding one graybeard. I have some knowledge of the topic and may be of help. Where do I find the one seeking help?" As Grog points to the room Crue thanks him and quickly moves on to the room indicated.

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
With a nod in agreement, Tamarie replies to Qalabash, "I don't know about the boat issue, but that stuff you got from Grog was making you look sick. I'm glad I stuck to something simple."

With Qalabash having already talked to Grog, Tamarie quietly slipped in behind and into the backroom to talk to the one who had the job offer posted.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
A small man in a black cloak opened the door and entered. He'd seemed to have lost track of his companions again. Waving down the barkeep, Wahyu asked, "Excuse me, have you seen a gnome and a dwarf pass through here?"

Grog nodded, pointing towards the back rooms, "Aye, they just passed through here a few minutes ago, although, you might wan-," but he had already left.
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]Wahyu
AC: 18* (16* flat-footed, 15* touch)
HP: 44/44
CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7
Perception: +8, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger (+5, 1d3+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: -
Spells Remaining (1st): 8/8
Spells Remaining (2nd): 6/6
Spells Remaining (3rd): 4/4

Used Items:
-
Abilities Used:
-[/sblock]​

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian Darklight

The nomad by the fire finds his smoking disturbed as a small gold and black viper brushes against him, his urge to explore finally getting the best of him. Looking excitedly between the nomad and the mephit, it pauses just long enough for it's very annoyed master to pick it up. "My apologies, good folk; this is my first time here with Thad, and I am not accustomed to having to having to watch over my traveling companion overly closely. Nora was considerably less enthused about strangers." The tiefling looks like he is going to continue, but is interrupted as Thad tries to make a break for it, and it takes a good minute before Thuvian can secure the snake in it's cloak pocket; even then, the head of the very curious snake can be seen peeking out eagerly and chattering eagerly in some tongue that the tiefling can clearly understand, and is clearly ignoring.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The door to the Dunn Wright opens gently, allowing a hint of the sunshine outside to shine in around the hulking figure filling it. Jonas instinctively ducks his head and turns his shoulders a little as he slips into the tavern and closes the door behind him, though the entry is plenty large enough to accommodate even his massive frame. His chainmail rattles just a bit as he walks, his footsteps heavy on the wooden planks of the floor. He approaches the bar, nods in friendly fashion to Grog, and orders an ale. Once his drink is delivered, the big half-orc takes a long swallow, turns to face the room, and leans back against the bar as he looks around for familiar faces.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]Been a while since I've been in here... Jonas is just a little on the shy side, so will likely wait for someone to approach him.[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 76/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 02/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
Jonas_zpsmzh4paui.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Recruitment: The Haven

Darvin Hurella 200.jpg
. . . A Rakish Fellow . . .

A man walks into the Inn, dressed in the style of many generations of Venzan rakes. He looks to have some money to him, judging from his clothes and his blade. His features are finely chiseled and his hair and beard both kept short and neat. There is something of a swagger in his step as he walks to the center of the room and immediately announces, "I have located what is almost certainly an ancient ruin. And I'm willing to disclose this location, including any potential economic rewards, in lieu of hiring people directly. I'm only interested in the documents and books that may well be at the site." Taking a moment, he gestures to Marla to come over. "Beer?" he asks, in a considerably lower tone. Reaching into his pouch, he promptly pays her and gets back to his offer. "Anyway, yes, there is risk in this--I have no way of knowing how much money, magic, or documentation is present. However, the place does seem tantalizingly unopened! Come forward if this interests you."

With that, he promptly seats himself and puts his feet up. When Marla arrives with his drink, he smiles generously and tips her, adding, "Thanks sweetie!" The serving girl shoots him a dirty look but he doesn't react one way or another.

[Sblock=THE HAVEN]Recruiting 8-ish level PC's for The Haven. Talk to the fop with the blade.[/Sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia was astute enough to assume that she was seeing a fellow magic user with his familiar. Given they were in a typical adventurer hangout it was not a huge leap in logic. Particularly as the little snake had a name and looked like it could talk, albeit in a language she did not understand.

“Think nothing of it, your familiar did no harm. I am Pirvinia von Lichenstein and this is my own companion Far’ziel. You are welcome to sit with us,” she offered while gesturing to an empty chair.

However the conversation was interrupted by the dashing gentleman offering a job for the likes of competence adventurers (as opposed to the rookies that had just left). The mephit gestured, “Mayhap that is for us?” She had finished drinking the flaming brew.

The sorceress looked over and had heard the offer proclaimed to the room, “Oh, aye. Mayhap we should.” She glanced to Samad for confirmation of his interest. “Let us see what this is all about.”

Far'ziel was faster, flying over tables now that her mistress was keen on the idea of inquiring to learn more. “We are interested. Tell us more.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 8/8, 2nd Level: 8/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Remove ads