[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas watches as the dandy's offer and attitude draws several of the patrons to him. Well, perhaps it will be good to work with a new group of people this time around. These folk look to be experienced, and the man's card is plainly not full yet...

With a fatalistic shrug, the big half-orc pushes himself away from the bar and threads his way through the crowd. "I am Jonas," he says by way of greeting. "If there is still a place open for an experienced man in your group, I'll happily fill it. Through here, did you say?" He gestures to the door just behind Darvin, and ducks through once he gets the affirmative nod.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]Reporting for duty![/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 76/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 02/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
Jonas_zpsmzh4paui.jpg
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Darvin Hurella 200.jpg
. . . Darvin Hurella . . .

With Jonas presenting himself, Darvin smiles. Speaking with an air of excitement to his voice, he affirms Jonas' question, "Yes, let us come and chat. I think we got a pretty good group here for you to work with." He waves Jonas through the door steps into the meeting room, closing it behind him.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Dunn Wright Inn

2qm1yle.jpg

Zinnelis Laediril pulled the hood of his cloak up further against the wind and snow as he trudged through the gates of Venza. Though few were on the roads in this weather, the streets of the city were still bustling. The elf nimbly danced out of the way of an ox-drawn cart, drawing a curse from the driver.

Zinn rather disliked the city. It had been years since he had need to venture into Venza. Most of his work was in and around Tritowers, keeping safe the lumberjacks that worked the forests and the merchants that traveled between there and Venza. Occasionally he took a job on the Silver Road out to Silverton and sometimes as far as Gist.

In the winter months, though, work slowed, and occasionally even an adventurer needed to look at the job boards, and the best place in the region for that was Venza, and the Dunn Wright Inn.

Warm air rushed through the door into Zinn’s face as he pulled open the portal to the inn. The large common room -- large enough to hold the crew of several ships in port -- was as full as he remembered it. Tugging the door against the wind, he locked out the cold before he got too many scowls from the patrons seated near the door.

Zinn pushed his hood back. His hair was dark, black some might say, but when the light hit it right there were green tones to it, unusual for the normally fair folk. He scanned the common room, noting a few disapproving looks at the sight of an elf. He ignored them and headed for a table, yanking off his gloves and shaking snow from his cloak. Settling in, he ordered some mulled wine and a bowl of stew to warm himself.

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Despite intending to head straight to the Temple of Sapo, Arradon finds himself once again at the Dunn Wright Inn. He finds a secluded corner booth where he looks at the tattered remains of his armor's left arm. His hand pauses on the wrapping around his arm as his eyes unfocus, lost in reverie. Snapping back to reality after a few seconds he continues to examine the damage. Deciding after a while that it is a total loss, he carefully cuts away the remains of the arm with a paring knife. Tossing the remains in a near by waste bin, he redons the now one-armed leather armor.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
[ URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Arradon_Delgaran_(ealt)"]Arradon Delgaran[/URL]
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight,Dodge

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Sweeping into the common room of the Dunn Wright Inn, Marla makes her rounds despite the relatively small number of patrons in attendance. With an easy smile, she visits with a couple relatively unremarkable sell-swords before stopping by Aaradon's table. "Lovely evening, even if a quiet one. I see you've made it back to us in one piece..." The barmaid looks at the remains of Aaradon's armor, then adds, "for the most part. What can I bring you to make the waiting a bit more palatable?"

After taking Aaradon's order, Marla sees a new customer. Taking a moment to fiddle with her hair in the relative gloom, she then steps up to Zinnelis' table. Leaning on a chair on the opposite side of the table from the elven man, she introduces herself, "Don't believe I've seen you here, before. I'm Marla, and this is the Dunn Wright Inn. We have a variety of drinks, some exotic if you have the coin for it, and decent food prepared by a capable chef from the Baronies. Somewhere about is the requisite tough-guy bartender, his name is Grog. I can get you something now, but if you prefer to wait, just let me know when you're ready, alright?" During her introduction, she casts a careful eye up and down Zinnelis, but doesn't elaborate.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dunn Wright Inn

2qm1yle.jpg

Zinnelis didn’t miss the examination from the barmaid. In one way or another, one grew accustomed to such things. He returned her assessing gaze. For a human, she wasn’t unattractive.

“Marla,” he said, his voice a touch hoarse from disuse as he repeated her name. “No, it has been quite some time since I have been here,” he admitted. Likely well before she was born. “I am Zinnelis Laediril, but just Zinn is fine. I could use some of that mulled wine I smell from behind the bar, to warm up, and perhaps a bit of stew and bread, or whatever you have on offer. I am not picky,” the elf said. He managed a rusty smile for the young human woman.

KN

[sblock=Zinnelis Mini Stats]Zinnelis
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +2(Favored Enemy +4)

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts

Items depleted: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon shies back at first as Marla approaches. Still unused to being casually addressed in public, he takes a moment to respond. "A quiet night suits me fine...uh...Marla was it?" He weakly returns her smile. "Some water would be nice; perhaps a meal. Whatever's good would be fine." He continues to watch her as she approaches the bar to take another order.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
[ URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Arradon_Delgaran_(ealt)"]Arradon Delgaran[/URL]
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight,Dodge

Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
The barmaid chuckles a bit over Zinn's vague food request. Looking back to catch him and Arradon in her field of vision, she casually adds, "Well, all the food here is pretty well-prepared. But, that doesn't mean it's all good. Tell you what, boys, I'll put in orders for what I would eat, not what Grog would eat. His favorite things will put hair on your chest, if you're into that kind of thing." Disappearing into the kitchen, Marla's disembodied and muffled voice adds, "Me, not so much... obvious reasons."

A short while later Marla returns with hearty beef stew and a heavy sourdough roll for each of the elven gentlemen, as well as drinks according to their wishes. In the process, a lock of hair falls away from one of the short horns on her head. Almost immediately, and so casually it could almost be considered a conditioned response, she runs her fingers through her hair, leaving her evidence of heritage again obscured. "There we go. That should keep you going until some would-be employer arrives."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dunn Wright Inn

2qm1yle.jpg

“Thank you, Marla,” Zinn told the barmaid when she had brought him his food. “It smells delightful, and a warm meal is most welcome.” His manners, at least, were impeccable. He noted the self-conscious gesture with her hair, catching a glimpse of the horn. He hadn’t met many tieflings in his life. He gave her an encouraging smile, though, as he broke off pieces of the bread into his stew. “Don’t overwork yourself on my account,” he said. “My needs are simple. Do you have rooms available here?” he asked. “In case it takes longer to find employment than anticipated. And in this weather, who knows.”

KN

[sblock=Zinnelis Mini Stats]Zinnelis
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +2(Favored Enemy +4)

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts

Items depleted: None[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

The Dunn Wright Inn door opens and a halfling walks in. He is dressed in simple traveling clothes and he crosses the room. As he passes the bar he nods a quiet greeting to Marla but he doesn't stop until he has reached the wall where a large number of old, faded job requests are posted. He pulls a fragment of a scroll from under his cloak and he impales it on a protruding nail. Turning, he makes his way towards the door.

The scroll reads:
Wanted
Guide to Kingsholm
Scholar of Magics
Inquire with Ioso Springheel at the Library of Society.

[sblock=Recruiting]This is recruitment for Memories of the Past a level 1-3 adventure. Available low level characters have received a mention in the game thread.[/sblock]

Remove ads