[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem looks at Grog for a moment and rubs his chin, "So you found a way to make a rat recipe that actually tastes good? What kind of spices...". After he thinks too hard on some possible recipes, Lem finds himself blanching and looks back at the woman, "You know what? Nevermind the recipe. Ma'am, I'm with you on this. Lem's the name and I can't stand rodents myself. Their always trying to get into the good stuff in a kitchen."

kinem

Adventurer
Menik whispers to Lem "Bit of a relief that you're not with Grog on this, but don't you think she's a few cards short of a full deck? If it's a rat infestation she's dealing with, she needs small traps, not swords. Maybe a few cats. Some magic might help, but there are surely cheaper ways to plug up the holes in a wall. I guess I'd better tag along to keep you out of trouble, which she may cause."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

From his seat at the back of the common, Weylyn perks up as soon as the White Cloak enters. Now there, he thinks, is a woman who knows her way around a fight! He listens carefully to the White Cloak's announcement, making a snap decision to take her up. The short, stout man slides from his chair, his dirty blonde dreads swaying as he stands. Just as he's taking his first steps across the room to offer his services, two others hop up and approach the woman. Weylyn pauses for a moment, then shrugs fatalistically and continues weaving his way gracefully through the tables. "I believe I might be help of the caliber you seek, White Cloak. I am Weylyn, and I offer my services." His bearing is confident, almost cocky, as he looks the captain over, but the force of his personality seems to justify his assurance.
[/section]

[SBLOCK=OOC/Actions/Rolls]--[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=StatBlock]
Weylyn Wealbetwyn
Male aasimar bloodrager 10 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 15, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 7)
NG Medium outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 14, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 132 (10d10+50)
Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +6; +2 bonus vs. spells cast by self or an ally
Defensive Abilities blood sanctuary, improved uncanny dodge; DR 2/—; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee cold iron dagger +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . muutos +15/+10 (2d6+7/×3) or
. . silver cestus +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . unarmed strike +14/+9 (1d3+4 nonlethal)
Special Attacks blood casting, bloodrage (26 rounds/day), staggering strike
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 1—corruption resistance (vs evil hr/lvl on self)[APG] (DC 14)
Bloodrager Spells Known (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 3rd (1/day)—countless eyes[UM] (DC 15), haste
. . 2nd (2/day)—elemental touch[APG], glitterdust (DC 14), ironskin, see invisibility, stone discus[ACG]
. . 1st (3/day)—blade lash[ACG], blurred movement[ACG], enlarge person (DC 13), magic missile, stone fist[APG], thunderstomp[ACG]
. . Bloodline Aberrant
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 15
Base Atk +10; CMB +14; CMD 28
Feats Bludgeoner[UC], Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Enforcer[APG], Eschew Materials, Extra Rage, Iron Will, Power Attack
Traits armor expert, resilient (will)
Skills Acrobatics +15 (+23 to jump), Climb +10, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +15, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5 (+7 to get along in the wild, endure severe weather, avoid getting lost, spot natural hazards, and predict weather), Swim +10
Languages Aklo, Celestial, Custom Language, Dwarven, Low Landellan
SQ abnormal reach, fast movement, truespeaker
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear +1 mithral breastplate, muutos[UE], cold iron dagger, silver cestus[APG], belt of physical perfection +2, boots of swift fury[ACG], ring of vengeful blood magic[ACG], basic maps (major landmarks only), bedroll, blanket[APG], candle (2), chalk, everburning torch, flint and steel, hammer, hammock[UE], knife, utility (0.5 lb), masterwork backpack[APG], mess kit[UE], piton (4), sack (2), silk rope (50 ft.), sunrod (3), tindertwig (4), torch (2), trail rations (6), waterskin (2), 893 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Abnormal Reach (Su) Increase reach by 5 ft when raging.
Blood Casting (Su) Cast bloodrager spells while in bloodrage.
Blood Sanctuary +2 (Su) +2 bonus to save vs. spells cast by self or an ally.
Bloodrage (26 rounds/day) (Su) +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 to Will saves, -2 to AC when enraged.
Bludgeoner Inflict nonlethal damage with bludgeoning weapons
Combat Reflexes (4 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Damage Reduction (2/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Energy Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Enforcer If you deal nonlethal damage with a melee weapon, make a free Intimidate check to demoralize.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Fast Movement +10 (Ex) +10 feet to speed, unless heavily loaded.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Lv >=14) (Ex) Retain DEX bonus to AC when flat-footed. You cannot be flanked unless the attacker is Level 14+.
Power Attack -3/+6 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Staggering Strike (DC 19) (Su) On critical hit when raging, target is staggered 1 rd (Fort neg).
Truespeaker Learn two languages for each rank you put in Linguistics.
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem shrugs his shoulders and whispers back to Menik, "Maybe they are really, really big rats...the kinds that chomp through your kitchen door and eat meat loaves whole."

Aura

Explorer
Grog seems like he is about to speak, but Lem's turnabout on the rat subject and general turn in conversation seems disappointing to him. He adds a quick, "Tasty fer me," and leaves it at that. He goes back to wiping down the bar as the adventurers muse about the rat issue.

Commander Jacobson
Picking up the conversation, the White Cloak Commander addresses the small, forming group, "Lem, Weylyn, good to meet you both. That leaves this one," she gestures to Menik, "whom I am hoping can do more than plug holes in a wall. I am looking for the ability to make holes, or burn the wall down entirely." With a knowing grin, she adds in a low voice, "and yes, I'm trouble. Tagging along, then?"

TillForPie

First Post
[section]
Abramac

An ancient and weathered man pushes in through the crowd. He stalks toward the counter and all the way the barbed tip of a spiny tail dances at the hem of his cloak. He searches at the pockets of his doublet before extending a liver-spotted hand to drop a handful of coins on the bar. His eyes follow as the bartender scoops the battered coppers away and puts in their place a tankard. The tiefling draws it against his chest before lifting it to drink, nursing carefully at first, then gulping. He overturns the empty vessel on the bar and turns his back to it, appraising the room and its occupants. His eyes are spheres of shimmering milk.

Landadel. Venza. The Dunn Wright. It's been a while.
[/section]

kinem

Adventurer
"Ah, you have keen hearing, Commander" Menik tells Commander Jacobson. "I am Menik. I'll tag along, sure. I know a thing or two about magic, and I suppose I could destroy a wall if need be. But why? What is this really about?"

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
With a certain lightness of step, a young woman steps into the bar, shaking off a bit of chill from the outside air as she does. Humming to herself, she begins to walk through the center of room, only to alter course and skirt around the small group forming in the center, as the more veteran members discuss some pressing issue. Finally arriving at the bar, she pulls her hood back to reveal the oversize ears that mark her elven heritage, complete with odd, unsightly tufts of hair growing from upper regions. Even as she puts a coin onto the bar and raises her hand to get the attention of the burly barkeep, her ears subtlety shift, picking up sounds from around the room.

Drink purchased, Tamarie sights out various patrons, eyes resting on the aged man not too far from her. She nods in greeting, maintaining the song she was humming when she entered the room.

Aura

Explorer
Commander Jacobson
Responding to the wizard, the White Cloak commander merely comments, "Of course you are. In all my jobs, being observant has always paid off. This one is no different." She steps up to him, which serves to highlight the elf's height, then continues, "To answer your question, I was being a bit tongue in cheek about blowing holes in walls. Although the rats we have seen have been upwards of 150 pounds each, the mission is an attack on the boggard nest in the swamp. We will take from them the device they have been using to call rats upon Venza and end his plague of vermin once and for all. I am worried my White Cloaks will be outnumbered on this mission and am looking for a few skilled adventurers to bolster our ranks and provide fire support."

Taking a moment to look around, Jacobson does a quick appraisal of the other tavern dwellers past the three who have presented themselves to her. "Green... moderate... noncombatant... retired..." she begins, eyes shifting from person to person, even entertaining Dunn Wright workers. She then returns her attention to the three before her, "Yes, you will do, and I see few other likely candidates. Each of you will receive a share of the looting, with my troupe constituting the last share. And you will be paid a grade based wage in accordance with your skills. I'm guessing a bit on Weylyn, but the dynamic duo here are already known to me. It is just the first time we have met." She stops speaking, and after a pregnant pause, offers, "I try to keep my ear to the ground when it comes to the community. Anyway, let us be going, time is short and I don't want to lose the initiative. Just ask questions as we walk." With that, the commander turns for the door, cloak fluttering almost dramatically as she leads her new compatriots out of the Inn and to adventure...
[sblock=Rodents of Unusual Size pt 4]OK, that's the overall goal and recruiting. I'll be setting a thread for us in the usual place.
Thread is now up, please post all responses there.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel Metzgerei walks into the bar, whistling a tune as Lem the Cook passes by muttering about rat recipes. "Wow... what a peculiar fellow," Dunkel says to himself as he grabs a seat by the bar and orders a large dwarven mead.

Remove ads