[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
"Dunkel," calls out the songweaver after a sip of drink, flashing a broad, uneven smile. "Good to see you after the while pirate adventure. I trust you're none the worse for wear? How about that dragon, she seemed about a half heartbeat from trying to eat us, didn't she?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel moves to get closer to his friend and lifts a glass in toast, "Aye, that she was. A magnificent beast, too, and all the more so when I could admire her from afar and not up close where the teeth would be more pronounced."

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Tamarie looks towards the door, then back to Dunkel. "Given time, we'll find out what sort of creatures those were. How they effect future generations. We may come to regard our decision as correct or otherwise. But for now, it is what it is." With that, she begins drawing the symbol of Rogar in the air, the lines lighting as she draws, as if on fire, saying, "Strength of body, strength of heart." Pausing a moment, Tamarie adds, "The followers of Rogar from Illi Esse, the Northern Isle, have a fondness for that expression. I see you, and wonder if it is common to all, or a local custom of the locale. Illi Esse... home."

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Adept

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

Languishing in a corner, nursing a wicked hangover Erin blearily looks about and starts checking out the conversations in the room. She tries to look a bit inconspicuous, but the girl with a tail and hands ending in sharp claw like nails isn't too hard to spot. Still, she thinks to herself best get to checking out the situation in the tavern. How long was that nap she wonders.

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Leira.jpg

Shaking off the buzz from the wine she had been enjoying, Leira stands up and arches her back in a languid stretch before sitting back down. When she did, her cloak caught in her whip blade, which she cleared up with a long sigh. Sitting down, she reflected on her recent adventures, and wondered what was next. Hopefully not passing out drunk, but then again...

Fenris

Adventurer
Valdemar.jpg

The door swing open as a young man walks in. He takes his helmet off showing medium length blond hair. His face is friendly as he smiles and looks around nodding to those who meet his gaze. By dint of armor, sword and the shield across his back the young man's profession is obvious. Still he was no dour warrior, and seemed genuinely cheerful.

Walking up to the bar he waits until Marla is free "Marla right? Yes I was told the beautiful barmaid here was named Marla, and who else could that be. Sorry, but that was how you were described." he offhandedly apologizes. "I also heard this was the place to not only get some grub to fill the belly but to find a job. By the way Valdemar" he says holding out his hand to Marla.

Edit: Sorry for the big pic, I will try to get a smaller one

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Looking up at the tall young man, Marla cannot help but chuckle politely for a moment. Throwing her cleaning rag over her shoulder, she replies, "Is that what they say about me? I hope the things I've worked hard to cultivate are also mentioned in the same breath, but who am I kidding? Boys. Anyway, Valdemar, welcome to the Dunn Wright Inn."

Taking Valdemar's hand and giving it a cordial shake, the barmaid continues, "Anyway, the adventuring crowd started to gravitate here some years back. Once that happened, it became known as the place to hire and get hired, and the cycle perpetuated itself. So, since you're looking for a job, if you want to freelance, this is the right place. Plus we have food cooked by a chef from one of the more distant of the baronies. He's a bit eccentric, but a good man and excellent cook."

In the midst of the conversation, Marla frets a bit about her hair, running her fingers through it as she speaks. The way she continues without interruption makes it seem very practiced and habitual. Continuing, Marla points to the large half orc halfway down the bar, "And the man behind the bar is Grog. He pours the drinks and keeps the peace."

With that, Grog smiles, baring his pronounced incisors and gives the newcomer a short salute. It has a feeling of two thirds friendly and one third menacing.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Ah strong drink from a man with a strong name, named after a strong drink" laughs Valdemar. "Well thank you for the run down. And I will do my best to further your purported reputation" he says with a wink to Marla. "Well then I place food orders with you? Well bring me what ever you feel is your best dish today. Don't worry about it being too exotic, I have traveled far and wide as has my tongue. I will grab that table over there and after I have eaten I will take a look at the board. Thank you Marla." with a nod to the barmaid Valdemar turns and heads to an open table. He drops the shield onto the back, and drops his pack to the floor, before sitting down.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]A halfling most curious

The majestic oaken doors of the tavern swing open, and the indoor light reveals a halfling with the bushiest of hair standing in the entrance. He staggers into the great room, quite obviously already under the influence of some spirit or the other. He draws himself up to the bar, and belligerently calls to Grog. "More of your best poison.... on the double! You know what I mean!"

[/section]

Deepthought

First Post
Following Valdemar with a small bit of Distance, Sylvain the Willow slips in right after Valdemar. He chose this approach to the Inn to learn what he might when entering. Hearing Valdemar speak to Mara he is content. All is friendly. Hovering a bit next to the door to take in the scene, he then steps forward and greets Marla. "May I introduce myself? Sylvain, lean as a Willow, at your service. Would you be so kind to appoint a dedicated mug of ale, dedicated to the patron of all merrymakers, holy st.ale to me? That would bring me into your debt as well as your service and i shall endeavour to relieve myself of both pledges within the hour. Maybe some music later on?" Being somewhat content with the whip of his eyelashes and the little speech Sylvain starts to eye Marla for a response and the Inn for a place to sit.
Sylvain.jpg

Remove ads