[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

"Work?" Says one of the three Tengu sat at a table in the inn. "Just missed it you did. Nope no work for this one or his mur..." he pauses for a moment before continuing "... Grrrrrroup?... yes group, no work but plenty meat and cider and maybe stories." He then returns to the conversation the three of them are having in their own tongue.

Vistarius

First Post
He nodded and hastily helped himself to meat and cider, unless there wasn't enough, in which case he ordered himself some. He watched the human leave and gave a small shrug.

Tengu:
"The clan...is doing as well as expected. They limit themselves to the usual things without trying to expand upon what they could be. You and I, and possibly this one here, are rare breeds. We don't limit ourselves to what our fathers have been. You are interested in knowing where I got my friend, eh?"

Allowing for a pause, he'd outstretch his hand and call the scorpion forth, the creature climbing up his arm and into his hand.
Tengu:
"I believe there are many who would call him a pet. Others call him a pest, or a vermin. To me, he is a conduit of magic, a teacher, and a friend. He knows things that I do not, and he helps me to progress. While you have discovered your talents as an inquisitor for Hrork, I have discovered my talents lie elsewhere. It seems that a bit of magic was gifted to me. Perhaps not by our god, but some powerful force never-the-less."

Taking a bite of the meat and a swig of cider, he'd offer a pleasant gaze.
"And how has your trip been?"

galahad0430

First Post
Gregori looks over at the table of Tengus.

"Just missed one? Considering how things have been going lately, I shouldn't be surprised."

Gregori eyes the Tengus curiously, " I had a teacher once who told me that your kind are extremely skilled with swords. I have no small skill myself. Mayhap you could show me your style of swordsmanship? Otherwise I feel that coming here repeatedly would begin to wear very quickly."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The door, being quite busy today, opens yet again. A figure starts to walk through, human by appearance, pauses and is heard to say, " yes father, I am sure this is the right path for me. I can learn many methods of the way of the sword and I can practice the skills i was taught by the master."

A pause while another nondescript voice is heard and he continues " yes father, and tell Uncle Vincenzo I am sorry about my elbow hitting him in the eye.. Yes father, he does have a hard head. What about Mother? Uh, I will let you tell her. You have always been good on telling her where I was during sword lessons. Fare well father."

He finishes entering and it could be see that his hair is more then wind tussled and that he has been in a recent scuffle as there is a fresh shiner over his left eye and a swollen corner of his lip. He is smiling none the less as he walks up t the bar.

"Is the Elvin baron back there still looking for hirelings? " getting a negative response from the lady teifing, and the bartender not even looking at him, He sits himself down and orders ale and the stew of the day, digging in the food as soon as it get there.

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

OOC: Vistarius using the tengu spoilers is just like using spoilers on the paizo site except use sblock rather than the word spoiler

[sblock=Tengu]"The journey to my place of training was arduous my friend and i cannot divulge even to you the location of that most sacred place. The training itself was far worse however as i was chosen to serve the High Inquisitor which seemed to upset my fellow acolytes still it was more than worth it as i have been granted secrets and magics of my own."[/sblock]

Cethyn watches with interest how the others lift their glass, rather than dipping their beaks, before attempting it himself. Leading to an unfortunate quaffing and choking incident.

"Awwk! That be not as easy as this one thinks." Somewhat wetter than he was a few moments ago he replies to the Grigori. "This is bad place to fight, here is place for meat and cider and stories." He then nods at the newly entered human "That one was talking of swords maybe he fights you."

Last edited:

Vistarius

First Post
Watching his brother attempt to drink like a human with some amusement, he dips his beak into his mug and gathers cider in his mouth before swallowing it.

[sblock=tengu] Yes, drinking like them will make you sick if you're not careful about it. And you do not have to divulge any of your secrets, as long as I am able to keep mine. I'm eager to begin a journey, to find some excitement. I feel as if we are sitting at the cusp of something great.[/sblock]

Unlike his childhood friend, it seemed that Git-Git didn't take the man's talk of swordplay lightly.

"Do you mean that our presence here will wear quickly on you? That we are bothering you? Do we have less rights to be here than yourself?" He was not intending on picking a fight, merely at defending himself should the veiled threat be acted upon. Another man entered, one who seemed to be talking to himself. He shook his head, shaking his feathered shoulders and letting out a sigh. Perhaps being here was not the best for either of them. His blood had a tendency to burn too hot, and if he weren't careful he might ignite a fire.

galahad0430

First Post
Gregori looks at Git-Git and says,

"Not at all. I was merely inquiring about technique. I have no wish to fight here. It's just that I am a student of the sword and since I shall become the greatest swordsman in all of E'n eventually, I am always interested in seeing new styles."

Gregori leans back in his chair and eyes the Tengu with a slightly bemused smile on his face. He also casually glances at the newcomer who claims to be a swordsman.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Not knowing of the previous comment made between the tengu and the well dressed man The Human continues to eat. after awhile he attempts to pat down his messy black hair and as he turns his black eyes one swollen nearly shut, about the room. His hair, eyes and olive colored skins unmistakeably marks him as a local. He raises the ale mug it a toast to the tengu.

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

Attempting to recover some semblance of dignity Cethyn-Ayah will croak "Awwkk! Tengu know much about swords, this one has not found a sword it can't use but has much likings for elfswords they be quick and pretty." Indicating as he does the two handed elven sword leaning against the table next to him.

Remove ads