[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
The gnome looks rather startled at the sound of the tengu behind him. After a second of looking the tengus up and down with a very cautious eye, he orders a meal from the barkeep and heads to their table and pulls up a chair. "I suppose I could use a good meal after today's mess. I for one cannot speak on how others routinely do this as neither I nor my brothers do this kind of thing routinely. I suppose you look as trustworthy as anybody, for what little that is worth. The last lot looked trustworthy as well, and they proved themselves most unworthy of trust in the end." As soon the meal arrives, the gnome focuses his attention on it for the next few minutes as he is clearly trying to gather his thoughts. "I suppose introductions are in order. My name is Roondar, and I find myself needing some trustworthy folk to recover my goods from the foul bandits that dared to call themselves trustworthy guards and scout." He spits vehemently on the floor as he mentions the direct source of his troubles. It is quite clear that he is not a happy gnome at the moment.

Vistarius

First Post
Git-Git moves excitedly, looking the gnome over as his brother responds to the gnome.

"Yes, I'm eager for your story as well. I have an itch for adventure, and we three tengu will probably be up for the task. I cannot say that you can trust us, for that is just words. We will have to prove to you that you can, I am sure. But that can be arranged."

He offered the Tengu equivalent of a smile, his eyes radiating joy and excitement for what is to come. He looks eagerly to his brother now, watching and gauging his reactions.

Mahorfeus

First Post
Bozzago sat calmly as he overheard the gnome's description of his dilemma. Incidentally, he had trusted scoundrels to offer him protection, only to be robbed in the end. It was the kind of thing Bozzago might have done just a year ago, a revelation that made the Tengu fidget uncomfortably. As the other Tengu offered their assistance, he carefully contemplated the situation.

Bring justice to a band of criminals, eh? This is too ironic; perhaps this is the chance I've been waiting for...

Deciding that Cethyn-Ayah and Git-Git seemed trustworthy enough, as the gnome had, the Tengu made up his mind.

"I too offer my assistance, if you would accept it. I am not quite familiar with my two fellow Tengu here, but I can assure you that we are trustworthy - and formidable."

Bozzago hoped that the gnome didn't have any negative preconceptions about Tengu - after all, there were many criminal gangs in the city of Venza composed of the birdlike race.

galahad0430

First Post
Gregori looks over at the table of Tengu where the gnome has seated himself.

"If you should need more than the three of them for your task, then I would also be interested in hearing your proposal. As far as bandits go, I am more than willing to bring them down."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The young human at the bar turns his head toward the gnome. it is apperent by the shiner over one eye that he is no stranger to combat.

"I must appologize my good sir. I must refrain from joining you on the banishment of these bothersome bandits. Being from a familily that is member of the merchants' guild, I fully understand your predictament, however, I must admitt to all here, I am in a bit of a state of hiding. From my mother, as she does not yet know of my chosen vocation. It would break her heart so very bad. So I let my Father have time to tell her."

sunshadow21

Explorer
During the discussion, another well dressed, only slightly less frazzled gnome with bright red hair enters the room, the only difference being he seems familiar the place. Upon hearing Roondar introduce himself, he hurries over to the table with an expression bearing both relief and concern. "What a relief to finally see you. I am Alf Firestreak, the contact your brother worked with. I am concerned though that you are here; it does not bode well for your journey." "Indeed it does not, I woke up this morning with a dagger to my throat and my guards, contracted from a source usually known for their ability to locate good people, riding off my wagon and horse. It took me all day just to get here, and then, the guards gave me the run around for over an hour before directing me here. By the way, I don't suppose any of you are good with animals? I fear the worst for my horse, but there is an off chance that they might have spared it too much abuse for the sake of moving the wagon." Roondar looks rather despondent as he returns to the last of his meal, the stress of the day clearly starting to show on his weary face.

sunshadow21

Explorer
The young human at the bar turns his head toward the gnome. it is apperent by the shiner over one eye that he is no stranger to combat.

"I must appologize my good sir. I must refrain from joining you on the banishment of these bothersome bandits. Being from a familily that is member of the merchants' guild, I fully understand your predictament, however, I must admitt to all here, I am in a bit of a state of hiding. From my mother, as she does not yet know of my chosen vocation. It would break her heart so very bad. So I let my Father have time to tell her."

At this, Roondar brightens up in the hope that some good may yet come from this horrid day. "Indeed, good sir, may I ask what kind of business your family engages in and where I may find out more about this merchant's guild. My family, I am from the Turen family in Eastgate, is looking to establish a presence here, and while Alf here is an important part of that, I am on the lookout for any other opportunities that may present themselves. Perhaps you have heard of Eastgate Alchemists; we are a large operation, though our presence is this particular region is still small. That last part will be slightly remedied if my wagon can be recovered, as it contains the first of hopefully many shipments of fine alchemical items and potions."

sunshadow21

Explorer

At this, Roondar brightens up in the hope that some good may yet come from this horrid day. "Indeed, good sir, may I ask what kind of business your family engages in and where I may find out more about this merchant's guild. My family, I am from the Turen family in Eastgate, is looking to establish a presence here, and while Alf here is an important part of that, I am on the lookout for any other opportunities that may present themselves. Perhaps you have heard of Eastgate Alchemists; we are a large operation, though our presence in this particular region is still small. That last part will be slightly remedied if my wagon can be recovered, as it contains the first of hopefully many shipments of fine alchemical items and potions."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
At this, Roondar brightens up in the hope that some good may yet come from this horrid day. "Indeed, good sir, may I ask what kind of business your family engages in and where I may find out more about this merchant's guild. My family, I am from the Turen family in Eastgate, is looking to establish a presence here, and while Alf here is an important part of that, I am on the lookout for any other opportunities that may present themselves. Perhaps you have heard of Eastgate Alchemists; we are a large operation, though our presence is this particular region is still small. That last part will be slightly remedied if my wagon can be recovered, as it contains the first of hopefully many shipments of fine alchemical items and potions."

OOC: looks like you double posted

"AH, allow me to introduce my self. Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio the second. I fear i have not had the privilege of hearing of the Eastgate Alchemists. My family though might want to do business with yours, perhaps. If you are wanting to have a merchant prescience here you must fill out form *blah blah* in triplicate at the *blah* hall where all merchants get their license at. It is located in the *blah blah* district on *bla-ah* street . To get there you need to go from here down *blah bab* street to *blah babble babble blah* .. .. .. "

If the poor gnome has never been in this city before, these street names he is blurting out are not known to him, however if he has been there before, it will be noted that the directions are the most safe and direct routes. If memorized and taken the directions will get the gnomes to where they need to go. By his accent and appearence it is very apparent that his from this city.

OOC: sorry about the *blah blah babble babble blah*, but I really have no ideaa how else to give directions here!!

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=oops]It appears you are right about the double post. My apologies.[/sblock]
Alf chimes in, "Ah yes, I have heard of your family, though I doubt you have yet to hear of me. My shop is still small. I had been intending to introduce him to the merchant's guild as soon the final arrangements were made on our contract, but I see that I may be doing things in a slightly different order than anticipated."

Remove ads