[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
OOC: Not at a table ... doh! Alright ... how about rubbing his head on your knee? :)
OOC:

Maui perks up.

"Haha Taniwha, word has already spread that we are here! I knew it would not take long! Come Taniwha, it is time to sharpen tooth and claw"

The large cat seems to pay attention this time padding over to Maui and springing up onto his shoulders and settling around his neck.

"We are ready!" he shouts with excitement, stomping hisfooton the ground and hammering his fist into his chest repeatedly. "Show the way to te Dead Walkers"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: We now have exactly 5 people who have expressed interest. Their Character levels would place the APL of the party at 2.2, which is within the limits that I had set forth for the adventure at the outset. Thus I am inclined to start the adventure pending approval from Perrinmiller. Though if jkason wishes to bow out in favor of someone else joining in the adventure between now and the time that the adventure begins, he is more than welcome to do so.

"Thank you all for expressing your interest in this venture. I shall now explain what is needed of you. Throughout the city there are several crypts that house the dearly departed of the City's inhabitants. Unfortunately on occasion some of the individual residents of these crypts have been known to rise again. In such instances it is usually up to the Town Watch and certain members of the Priestly Orders to hunt down these undead and return them to their resting places." Konys Svens begins explaining to the group gathered around him, he pauses at this point to see if the others in the group are following his explanation and to wait and see if they have any questions as of the moment.

Qik

First Post
Ni nods his head slowly. "Walking dead, necroanimation, and the like - got it. Have you any idea of the cause, good sir?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"We are unsure of the specific cause. Though there are those among the City Watch who have their suspicions, but nothing is certain at the current time." Konys elaborates in explanation to the Gnome. He then continues "The main goal of your mission will be tracking down and resealing the tombs that the undead are escaping from, as well as exterminating certain groups of undead that are roaming the city."

Qik

First Post
Ni's eyebrows bulge to impossible distances. "You mean there are undead abominations wandering, cavorting, and otherwise locomoting the fine city streets at this very moment?!" The gnome looks around worriedly. "Then we better get a move on!"

OOC: Not actually rushing, just an IC exclamation.

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1/Cleric of Tanager 1) (mermaid form)

"Do we have to sort them out and put them back in their eternal stone beds? I just moved here recently and wouldn't know who is who."

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim keeps his hands on his mug as he replies "The dead seem ta have a habit 'o walking' in dis city. First fella' we helped out had himself a problem with the dead. Reckon I can help put a few more 'o dem down."

Fulgrim takes another swig of his ale and says to Ni. "Should be a fun one!"

"I do need to swing by the Pearl fer a minute. Went through some healin' on our last trip out and could stock up me stores! I will make it right quick."

OOC: Fulgrim needs to run by the Mystic Pearl real quick to pick up a couple of things.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim rushes back into the Inn, a new cloak adorning his shoulders as he hastily returns to his seat at the table. "Sorry 'bout that, I should learn to gather my goods *before* I come back ta the Inn fer drinkin!"

jbear

First Post
Shaking his head, arms folded, a condescending grin on his face.

"Oh great, magnecent civilsation! And they say we are savages, Taniwha. But they can not even keep te Dead in te Stone Bed! You see where te sickness grow from?! You see why te Boat Men come to cut down our trees? Show Maui where Hero Seeker, show Taniwha te way. Will will put te Dead back to rest!"

Taniwha's tail begins twitching with excitement and purring as it kneads Maui's neck with his sharp claws, deeply enough to draw several lines of blood in his skin.

Last edited:

Remove ads