• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

ZenSwift

First Post
(Jec LeBlanc)

Greetings. The roads seemed fine everytime i crossed them. However I spend most of my travels going cross country. Faster and safer. My name is Jec. May I have the pleasure of yours?

OOC: Directed at Ioseph

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

"Ioseph Vors. Just a water for me," he says as Grog looks over at him. "Your accent is particular Jec, though I'm not sure where your from I'm sure it isn't Venza."

Grog spills half the water in the mug as he almost throws it at the bald priest. "Not sure he's happy to be so busy all of the sudden."

Taking a sip he adds, "Cross-country you say is safer? How so? I would think it would be the opposite."

ZenSwift

First Post
Jec LeBlanc (lvl 1)

Safer is a relitive word for it. I say safter because you dont find many bandits in the middle of the woods. Creatures are easy enough to avoid if your paying attention.

As to where im from you probably wouldnt have heard of the place its been gone for 60+ years. And as i spend most of my time traveling and hunting goblins the only time I really spend in towns is to resupply or look for work if Im getting low on funds.

That being said I heard that this was the place to look for jobs? Is this true?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

"As true as the day is long," Ioseph says nodding to the board with it's array of parchments and notices. "You just missed a job I'm afraid, but no worries one will come along. Until then you said that where your from has been gone sixty plus years yet you don't look... oh I'm sorry with the hood up I didn't see that your an elf."

[sblock=OOC] We need to see about building a party for toasterferrets game anyone else interested besides me and dammitbiscuit[/sblock]

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera Ranger 2

Thiera surveys the bustling inn while nursing her drink and keeps a close watch for both friends and anybody posting work.
[sblock=OOC]I'm game for it because every game I play needs you in it HM :p[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Thuvian is available, but I'll let a few others have first crack at it. Rhydius should be returning shortly as well, leaving plently of options for 2nd levels.[/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna stands and walks over to Ioseph and Bipper, placing the note on their table.

You can see the note is written in a strange language you haven't seen before, though some of the letters look familiar.

"I can't decipher this, it's written in code. I vaguely remember seeing something similar during my time in Irthos. I think it's very likely that missive can lead me to whomever hired those kidnappers."

Anna pauses for a moment, and with a furrowed brow, continues

"It is also very likely, however, that I am being watched. I don't see how I could possibly follow up on this personally without tipping my hand to whoever is in charge... Which means I will need to act via proxy. Would either of you be interested in taking the lead on this, or know anyone who would? I can't really offer anything as a reward, except my gratitude, but if my hunch is right and this traces back to Irthos, the kidnappers and whomever is in charge of them will be very well equipped and very well funded..."

OOC: Recruiting for The Kidnappers' Trail! I'm looking for 4-5 PC's between the levels of 1-3. Just watch out if you plan on taking a level one in here, Anna wasn't joking about the kidnappers being well funded and it could be dangerous for you.

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera sees Anna discussing a note with two other patrons and walks over, intrigued.

"Ummmm...it appears that you're having some trouble. Could I possibly be of service?"

OOC: 2nd level Ranger answering the call for The Kidnappers' Trail. I'll probably do a touch of shopping before it begins in earnest.

ZenSwift

First Post
Jec Leblanc lvl 1

Yes Im an elf I tend to keep my hood up until i have learned how people in a town view elves. hunting down kidnappers count me in if you have need of another strong bow

OOC: I see that a couple of rangers have signed up is 3 to many?

Remove ads