• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk gets out of his chair and walks over to a nearby human and hafling, puts his arm around both of them and hugs them tight and then says loudly to everyone in the establishment "Ya know...we're all winners and we're all beautiful people!"

He then states to 7-Rabbitt and Vlastos "I'd hate to get in an arguement between you two. I'd rather be placed in a vat of rotgrub. Ha Ha Haaaaa Ha Ha." Kruk looks around and sees that know one is laughing at his joke. "Ha heh....hmmm. Anyone for another round?"

He gives Raiyek a nudge. "Did you think that was funny?....no....ok, I'll work on it. " He then yells to the bar keep "Give the elf a beverage of his choice would ya please, and put it on my tab!"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock]Well, I had tried to get a controller, but I figured I'd just make people happy an let these guys group together, Trevor is insistant about going with Skaliss and Vixo, and Shorrin is a friend of mine. My game will be ok, without a controller, but if your needing a defender for yours, feel free to try to talk one of them into it before the game gets under way.

And yes, Larinza would like to do something while I'm running a game.[/sblock]

Wilment leads whoever is working with him away from the tavern and to his house.

OOC: Since Shorrin's jumping over to my game to even out the defenders a bit, Wilment's in need of a fifth - preferably a ranged striker or controller. Anyone interested in helping rescue a poor kidnapped child? (Janus or Murphy?)

Shorrin, if nobody replies by end of day, why don't you just continue with the Kobold adventure - no sense dragging out the confusion.

In the meantime, anyone interested in the harbourmaster's job should post themselves going down to the Harbourmaster's Office to check it out IC, either here or in that thread.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=OOC]
It looks like Cross is going after the Kobold Captive, so Shorrin and Larinza are coming to the Harbourmaster's Office very soon.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Oh, err...no, not out of sorts friend. Its this new staff the master honoured me with after I passed the journeyman tests. He says it will remind me of the price of failure when I make my way in the world. You see, its rather large and I'm not used to handling such an awkward item. Most of my time these last few years has been spent in study and in the pusuit of spell mastery. Now I have to lug this branch around. If I don't always have it on hand I fear, somehow my master will know. Best not to disapoint the Ice Father."
Janus's gaze takes on a faraway look, he then shivers.
"Yes best not to dissapoint....", Put into town? Why yes I have just traveled from the Jade Kingdom. You from around here?"
Janus dips his head in a low bow to the dwarf who just plonked an ale on the table.

"All the way from the Jade kingdom you say? That's quite the perilous journey to make, but it appears you are more adept than my first judgement. My apologies to you and this 'Ice Father'. As for me, yes I've been around these parts for a while. You see one day I put into shore and haven't left, you know you meet all kinds of interesting people sitting here in town." Murphy replies, now easing back in the seat and putting his well-worn booted feet upon the table.

"I recently returned from an adventure, unfortunately before I could complete my task illness overcame and I was forced to return here. That's what I get for running all around the wilderness without proper preperation" Murphy says as he flips a coin between his fingers and back again.

[sblock=OOC]
Huzzah! We nearly have a full group right now just hanging around.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Since Shorrin's jumping over to my game to even out the defenders a bit, Wilment's in need of a fifth - preferably a ranged striker or controller. Anyone interested in helping rescue a poor kidnapped child? (Janus or Murphy?)

Shorrin, if nobody replies by end of day, why don't you just continue with the Kobold adventure - no sense dragging out the confusion.

In the meantime, anyone interested in the harbourmaster's job should post themselves going down to the Harbourmaster's Office to check it out IC, either here or in that thread.

OOC - I'm interested. I'm always up for saving the childrens...

balth

First Post
[sblock=OOC] If someone wants a striker for babies, I'm game. Otherwise I will head to the Harbourmaster. Balth would prefer helping in a game like that of one with a despondant mother, but I will go wherever I am needed.

Hmm, rereading that, I don't think that came out quite right ;)

[/sblock]

Balth hesitates, eyeing the group going to save the woman's child, trying to figure out if he is needed there, or if the lure of the sea calls to him more.

Kruk trips over his foot, and he catches the mug of ale that was about to be sloshed across the table. He grins at Kruk and puts the mug back in his hand.

Easy, friend; we wouldn't want you to waste that fine beverage!

Last edited:

changer

First Post

Janus watches the groups form and head off to their respective destinations, He sips some more ale and ponders the fact that this is a most interesting venue.

A cricket chirps, a crow crows, and a somewhat eager tumbleweed rolls by.
Standing, Janus states "Yes, a most interesting venue. But I am not here to swig grog and oggle wenches, I'm here for adventure!"

With a last oggle and a hefty swig form the tankard before him, Janus starts to strut boldy toward the door, before he can take a step however his scythe staff, now somehow wrapped around his legs catches between a chair and an ale laden table.

The results are spectacular, legs, arms and ale is flung in every direction.

Its is a sorry and rather embarresed Janus who flips the barkeep a gold, smiles sheepishly and says "Please refurbish these kind patrons with ale, barkeep."

Finally at the door, drenched and smelling of ale, Janus makes his way to the Harbour masters office and a meeting with his destiny.

renau1g

First Post
Murphy quickly stands up, tosses a wink and a coin to the barmaid and walks out the door to follow the wizard, hoping that he'll lead to new adventure.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As his new patrons leave the tavern, Raiyek follows. Seeing Janus make his awkward way to the door as well, Raiyek graciously motions for Janus to go first. Looks like it's best to give him a wide berth, he thinks with a guilty mental chuckle.

Before he reaches the door, the paladin turns around and scans the crowded tavern for a moment. Finding what he was looking for, he shouts at it. "Hey, Kruk! We're going now, are you coming? I think you've had enough partying for now, haha." With that, he goes outside ...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads