• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock="planning"]
That is an AWFUL lot of defenders in Kobolds Took My Baby. And unless I miscounted, there are 4 people who've posted recently but aren't in one of the two groups:

Murphy (Warlock)
Janus (Wizard)
Balth (Ranger)
Larinza (Warlord) - DarwinofMind, is Larinza interested in adventuring while you're also running a game?

But no defenders... I'm about to post for a game wanting 5 level 1's, and we can do without some roles but not defender. I don't mind adjusting the encounters down for 4 players either. Does one of those 3 defenders maybe want to wait for the next one? I'll trade you a striker...

EDIT: actually, why don't I just post the Call to Adventure now so the fighters can get a bit more info?
[/sblock]

The street door opens again and a man in the livery of a town crier slips in. He looks around at the rowdy room, puts two fingers in his mouth, and lets out a piercing whistle. When all eyes are on him he unrolls a scroll and intones, "Hear ye, hear ye! The Mayor and Reeves of Daunton seek a party of brave adventurers to deal with a threat to the region's commerce and shipping! Generous payment is offered! Some sea travel will be involved! For more information, apply at the Office of the Harbourmaster!" Then he spins around, tacks the scroll to a board covered with similar notices, and stalks out.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Trevor, who had left for his room come back. "Hey, Hadrak. How are you old friend. You have recovered from your captivity finally?" "[/COLOR]

-''We're about to find out! It's good to be back amongst the walking. Glad to see you Trevor!'' Beams the dwarf happily.

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
[In response to Vlastos & Seven Rabbit's aimless gibbering on stars] Les's lips part slightly and her eyes squeeze closer together. She glances to Raiyek and gives him a smirk before gesturing with her head in Vlastos's direction. She leans over and whispers to him, “Looks like he'll get along well with Seven Rabbit. I do believe we are in for an...interesting adventure though with those two.”

[To Vlastos]
The githyanki looks at the mugs that Kruk had brought over and her brow furrows. “Thankyou, Kruk. I'm sure with how potent the Redboot drinks were this will right about equal one.” The gith lets out a sigh and takes a mug in both hands, chugging them down like...well, like a pirate.” As she reaches for the mugs, she gives Vlastos an appraising wink and slaps his hand away from an unprotected beer. “No,” she says simply and sternly in a commanding voice.

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk breaks out his Hoofchew loot and buys a round for the whole place, staggering from one table to the next dropping mugs in front of everyone whether they want them or not. "Drink up everyone, you never know when it might be your last!"

Afterwards, thoroughly exausted, he sags into a chair, holding his axe to stay upright, waiting to see what happens next.

[sblock=ooc]
who is in what adventure?
who's out?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="planning"]
That is an AWFUL lot of defenders in Kobolds Took My Baby. And unless I miscounted, there are 4 people who've posted recently but aren't in one of the two groups:

Murphy (Warlock)
Janus (Wizard)
Balth (Ranger)
Larinza (Warlord) - DarwinofMind, is Larinza interested in adventuring while you're also running a game?

But no defenders... I'm about to post for a game wanting 5 level 1's, and we can do without some roles but not defender. I don't mind adjusting the encounters down for 4 players either. Does one of those 3 defenders maybe want to wait for the next one? I'll trade you a striker...

EDIT: actually, why don't I just post the Call to Adventure now so the fighters can get a bit more info?
[/sblock]

[sblock]Well, I had tried to get a controller, but I figured I'd just make people happy an let these guys group together, Trevor is insistant about going with Skaliss and Vixo, and Shorrin is a friend of mine. My game will be ok, without a controller, but if your needing a defender for yours, feel free to try to talk one of them into it before the game gets under way.

And yes, Larinza would like to do something while I'm running a game.[/sblock]

Wilment leads whoever is working with him away from the tavern and to his house.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek is similarly befuddled by the two arcanists' jargon. "Yes ... 'interesting' is one word that would work." As Vlastos goes on, Raiyek can't decide whether he should be worried or confused or amused or ... what. "Did all of that go right over your head, too?" he whispers back to Les.

Raiyek gives his head a shake, trying to regain some modicum of focus, then turns back to the eladrin and 'forged. "So, were you going to give us any details before we set out? You were planning to set out now, right?"

[sblock=OOC]So, where's that thread, Don? :p

For dimsdale and anyone else who's interested, this is how things stand at the moment, as far as I can recall (100% accuracy not guaranteed ;)):

Eladrin & Warforged:
Defender: Raiyek, Elf Paladin
Striker: Rabbit, Dwarf Warlock
Controller: Vlastos, Human Wizard
Leader: Les, Githyanki Warlord
Wildcard: Kruk, Dwarf Fighter

Kobolds Took My Baby:
Defender: Shorrin, Dragonborn Fighter
Striker: Vixo, Kobold Rogue
Leader: Hadrak, Dwarf Cleric
Wildcard: Skaliss, Dragonborn Paladin
Wildcard2: Trevor, Human Fighter

Harbourmaster's Office:
None yet.

Recent posters not yet 'signed up' for an adventure:
Murphy (Warlock)
Janus (Wizard)
Balth (Ranger)
Larinza (Warlord)

Does that sound about right? Man, the tavern has pretty much blown up these past few days![/sblock]

Vlastos

First Post
Vlastos breaks out a quill and ink and quickly scribes a note, which he passes to 7 Rabbit.

[sblock=Note]
Warlock, of course your initial calculation was spot on. I manufactured the entire diatribe in an attempt to improve our negotiating position and also for cover regards same mysteries. Go for it.
Vlastos
[/sblock]

Last edited:

changer

First Post
"Well met good sir, you appear to be quite out of sorts, is there something troubling you? I've not seen your face here before, have you just put in to town?" Murphy asks, seeming to ignore the ale and leans forward with interest as he awaits the answers.

While he awaits a response, Murphy orders some food for himself, his stomach quite empty after that trouble on the boat. The barmaids smile at the human as they pass, quite used to Murphy's presence and he tips kindly.

"Oh, err...no, not out of sorts friend. Its this new staff the master honoured me with after I passed the journeyman tests. He says it will remind me of the price of failure when I make my way in the world. You see, its rather large and I'm not used to handling such an awkward item. Most of my time these last few years has been spent in study and in the pusuit of spell mastery. Now I have to lug this branch around. If I don't always have it on hand I fear, somehow my master will know. Best not to disapoint the Ice Father."
Janus's gaze takes on a faraway look, he then shivers.
"Yes best not to dissapoint....", Put into town? Why yes I have just traveled from the Jade Kingdom. You from around here?"
Janus dips his head in a low bow to the dwarf who just plonked an ale on the table.

OOC. Yep I'm keen for a group. As I'm a new player, throw me in where needed.

Remove ads