Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Don Incognito

First Post
The eladrin notices the exotic githyanki, and his eyes bulge. He jabs the warforged in the chest and points in her direction, hastily whispering instructions. The warforged sighs, trudging towards Les.

"Master Gand has requested your personal service in a matter most near to his heart. Your reward shall be..."

The warforged looks back at the eladrin, unsure. The eladrin nods and winks, and the warforged lets out an audible sigh.

"Your reward shall be his PERSONAL gratitude."

The warforged nudges and winks awkwardly at Les, attempting to flirt at the behest of his erstwhile master. The warforged is obviously uncomfortable, but the eladrin seems quite pleased at his servant's performance, and tries to flash him a discreet thumbs-up.

[sblock=OOC]Congradulations Dawn Raven! You've been drafted! Our mysterious eladrin (what was his name again? Gand?) seems to have a hard-on for githyanki women. This duo was more than partly inspired by Zap and Kif from Futurama, and I figured that you would make a better Leela than the human warlord.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The eladrin notices the exotic githyanki, and his eyes bulge. He jabs the warforged in the chest and points in her direction, hastily whispering instructions. The warforged sighs, trudging towards Les.

"Master Gand has requested your personal service in a matter most near to his heart. Your reward shall be..."

The warforged looks back at the eladrin, unsure. The eladrin nods and winks, and the warforged lets out an audible sigh.

"Your reward shall be his PERSONAL gratitude."

The warforged nudges and winks awkwardly at Les, attempting to flirt at the behest of his erstwhile master. The warforged is obviously uncomfortable, but the eladrin seems quite pleased at his servant's performance, and tries to flash him a discreet thumbs-up.

[sblock=OOC]Congradulations Dawn Raven! You've been drafted! Our mysterious eladrin (what was his name again? Gand?) seems to have a hard-on for githyanki women. This duo was more than partly inspired by Zap and Kif from Futurama, and I figured that you would make a better Leela than the human warlord.[/sblock]
Raiyek watches the exchange with a bemused smile and a raised eyebrow. Sardonic thoughts fill the paladin's head as he takes another look at the eladrin. Ooookaaaay ... why did I pick him as a patron, again?

Raiyek turns and smirks at Les. "Looks like you have a fan." He looks quite smug.
[sblock=OOC]Haha, wow. I seriously laughed out loud at that - thank you, sir! I can definitely see Zap and Kif there. ;) Heh, that's going to be making me smile all night now ... :lol:

On a more serious note: is Larinza in too, or are you still hoping for a wizard?[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
First, is anyone else having crazy trouble getting onto the site? I've had problems getting on frequently with my laptop and PC, which is partly why I haven't posted much.

Second, the last post I wrote it froze out on me (the site that is). So it was all lost...suffice to say I remembered to write this one in Open office so I wouldn't have to worry about any issues.

Thirdly..uhm..well it doesn't matter anymore after I've read what happened after the post I was GOING to make (which was after Don Incognito's post on dwarves).
[/sblock]

Les grins at Raiyek and shakes her head, Why do I feel so comfortable around these people already? More likely than not most of then would sell my skin to Frosteye without a second thought. I should keep a better focus on such issues..

Well, not to say that I am opposed to going, I had just assumed from the crowd that the positions were likely filled. And truly, I have been inept in my actions.” Les turns to the well-dressed pair with a flourish of a thin, gaunt hand, “Dear clients of the Hanged Man, it looks like you have already met some of the other adventurers, scoundrels and the like of Daunton. I do not mean to intrude, but if you have yet to make any final decisions than I would like to inquire as to your business and possible rewards for doing work with you. Ah, and I have yet to introduce myself, have I? My name is Les Ghentel, Mercenary Extraodinaire and,” here she pauses and winks at the surrounding warriors, “occasional poet, some would say.

[sblock]
And that, more or less was what I was going to post earlier. But for, a bit on Balth, but since he's joined us I'll direct those inner thoughts at him instead!
[/sblock]

The warlord twirls a dread of copper over her fingers and nods while Seven Rabbit speaks. “Yes, yes, you did seem quite tired. It might have been all that concern over stars and such though. Although I am interested to see what sorts of divinations and warnings the stars will give you about myself! But perhaps that is just the narcissist within me speaking in boisterous tones.

While Balth approaches, Les recalls why his cloak is scorched. Cross was a chaotic warlock, although powerful. She did not see him around and wondered where he was off to. She bobs her head at Balth and frowns at his comments. “That is too bad, although I'm sure a good needle and thread could fix it.” She gets a mischievous smile across her face and lets forth a quiet, disquieting snicker, “Perhaps you could find a nice wench to fix that up for you.

[sblock]
renau1g, not sure if you meant the group standing :)P) around the eladrin/warforged duo or the group (sitting?) by the two distraught husband/wife duo. I'll respond in kind once I find out ^^

To Don: Ah, you made me laugh so hard with this scene!
[/sblock]

Les quirks an eyebrow at the warforged. “Gold speaks louder than gratitude and if your odd companion agrees, then don't see why not. And...” Les steps slightly back from the warforged and her eyes widen when it dawns upon her senses that he is attempting to flirt with her on behalf of his fey friend.

Are you..!? Ah...nevermind...but a job alongside those I'm familiar with is nothing to walk away from so quickly.And besides, I still need to accumulate some wealth if I am to go forth with my plans...

Twin golden eyes turn to the half-elf with a look of utter condemnation, although perhaps, just perhaps, with a hint of humor behind them. She flashes him a small smile, not her normal smile, but that smile that stretches her thin lips and narrowed eyes in a way to make her appear alien and sinister. Her needle-like teeth glimmer in the flickering torches of the Hanged Man and somewhere in the place, a baby starts to cry. Of course, this is a likely coincidence, but one that only makes Les smile more at the thought that its not. “Perhaps,” she says and the words flow out like a venomous viper waiting for the timid mouse to step into its trap.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk yells to Vlastos "Hey spell caster, come join us! It seem that you are wanted by both groups. If you join us I wont tell everyone about the time where....uh...nevermind...." Kruk chuckles to himself.

On the way back to the group with the warforged kruk stops by Les and gives her four mugs of brew...one of the half full and states in a quiet voice "Les, it is true that the redboot ale is of much better quality," he looks around not to make the local establishment mad and the back to Les "however, I find that if you drink four of them quickly, it numbs the taste buds a bit so that you can't tell anymore." He puts the mugs in front her. "Sorry about the 4th mug. I got thirsty on the way over to your table." He grins and winks.

Kruk then yells to all of the patrons "This place is rock'n tonight...YYYEESSSSSSS!", then moves to the group containing the warforged.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Bah, if it's a spellcaster you seek, perhaps I can be of service" the human pipes up, "I may not carry the tome or staff of a traditional wizard, but I can manipulate magic all the same". The man stands confidently, with his hands on his hips.

[sblock=OOC] It's good to see that some things odn't change, the site still has major issues ;)

Murphy's a Warlock
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Why ENWorld have been so much down lately... miss a lot here it seems.

Trevor, who had left for his room come back. "Hey, Hadrak. How are you old friend. You have recovered from your captivity finally?" He looks at everyone talking around. "It seems a job or two has come in."

OOC: I would like to join Skaliss, Vixo and Hadrak group. Trvor have history with the first two and Mal Malenkirk is a friend of mine.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
OOC: Why ENWorld have been so much down lately... miss a lot here it seems.

Trevor, who had left for his room come back. "Hey, Hadrak. How are you old friend." He looks at everyone talking around. "It seems a job or two has come in."

OOC: I would like to join Skaliss, Vixo and Hadrak group. Trvor have history with the first two and Mal Malenkirk is a friend of mine.

[sblock="OOC:"]Ok, we'll skip the wizard and throw another defender in. Nice to have characters who know each other....

So we've got.

Defender: Shorrin, Dragonborn Fighter
Striker: Vixo, Kobold Rogue
Leader: Hadrak, Dwarf Cleric
Wildcard: Skaliss, Dragonborn Paladin
Wildcard2: Trevor, Human Fighter

Lots of defenders, and no one to defend. :)

I'll put the thread together tomorrow. Past my bedtime now :)

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I'm multi-class wizard. With Thunderwave as an encounter and Cleave, I make a poor controller, and Hadrak is a Wisdom cleric, so a poor controller too. A wizard is better then both of us together, but we offset a bit this lack of role.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Twin golden eyes turn to the half-elf with a look of utter condemnation, although perhaps, just perhaps, with a hint of humor behind them. She flashes him a small smile, not her normal smile, but that smile that stretches her thin lips and narrowed eyes in a way to make her appear alien and sinister. Her needle-like teeth glimmer in the flickering torches of the Hanged Man and somewhere in the place, a baby starts to cry. Of course, this is a likely coincidence, but one that only makes Les smile more at the thought that its not. “Perhaps,” she says and the words flow out like a venomous viper waiting for the timid mouse to step into its trap.
OOC: Raiyek's a full elf ;) None of this half- business! :p

A shiver goes down Raiyek's spine at Les' eerie smile. I'd say 'I hope I never see that again', but I have a feeling that if we're teaming up again I will ... not sure I'll ever get used to that. Despite the chill in his thoughts, Raiyek manages a quip in return. "Careful with that - he might like it." Raiyek grins back at Les, his smile much less disturbing than Les'.

Seeing Kruk arrive with 4 mugs, Raiyek raises an eyebrow at him. "All of those are for Les? None for the rest of us, eh?" The paladin laughs at his own joke, but turns down any ale offered to him. After all, it seems he's 'on duty' now.
[sblock=Plans]So, what is the Official Plan here? With myself, Rabbit, and Kruk, we have two spots left. Namely, leader and controller. Mr. Gand seems a little fixated on Les, so I think it's safe to say she's in. That fills the leader spot.

For the controller spot, it would seem we have three options: Vlastos (an actual controller, but hasn't been to the boards in a couple days apparently), Murphy (a ranged striker, would be our 2nd warlock - next best thing to a wizard), or Larinza (not a controller at all really, but 2 warlords is made of awesome ;)). Making it look something like this:

Eladrin & Warforged:
Defender: Raiyek, Elf Paladin
Striker: Rabbit, Dwarf Warlock
Controller: Vlastos/Murphy/Larinza ...
Leader: Les, Githyanki Warlord <= right?

Wildcard: Kruk, Dwarf Fighter

I honestly don't know which I prefer, so I'm glad that it's not up to me :p [/sblock]

Last edited:

changer

First Post
A loud bang announces the arrival of a new patron to the tavern.

The door fails to open, a scraping sound as if two wooden objects are being dragged along each other, issues forth from the far side of the door.

With great anticipation the door swings inwards and in walks a curious looking bald man sporting a well kept moustache and goatee. He wears a well tailored cloak with a ridiculously oversized collar. Under this is supple leather armour of intricate design.

The scythe shaped oaken staff he carries bangs loudly again as the wooden blade catches on the door mantle, causing him to stumble and fall in a heap of flailing arms and legs.

Dusting himself off, the man regains his composure and stands proudly.

“Well met strangers, I am Janus Reinhardt and I am looking for some brave souls to help me find adventure.”

Remove ads