Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock]
Good lord you all post quickly. Looks like Les will have to take Rabbit's place entertaining the Tavern for awhile.

Somewhat short, but I have to go to class in 2 minutes. didn't want to get left too far behind!

Oh and for any DM's who haven't yet decided: Les; Githyanki Tactical Warlord (1) at your service! It looks like all's decided though ^^
[/sblock]

A new bag of gold at her hip and a smile on her lips, Les stalks into the tavern. She frowns at the swarm of adventurers that seem to have found two new patrons to assault with their services. She walks over to where Raiyek and Seven Rabbit are and claps a hand on each of their shoulders.

She speaks, ignoring the patron before them having already assumed all positions were taken. "Well, well aren't you two busy? Where are you off to now Raiyek? And you, Seven Rabbit, How have you been! I was sad you could not come along on our last venture. Perhaps one day, soon, hm?"

The gith also waves to Kruk on her way to the two and shouts across the tavern, "Kruk! Back so soon? I must be getting lazy to have been beaten back by a dwarf. Get me an ale, could you please? Although I doubt anything will compare to the drafts those Redboots gave us!"

Larinza also recieves a nod of curtesy and a sly smile while Balth is given nothing but an odd tilt of the head. What happened to him, she thinks. He wasn't in any fire last time I saw him.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Hello, Larinza. It seems we've finished just in time, there are two patrons looking for adventurers here."

After pausing for a moment, Raiyek asks, "So did you learn anything of your parents at the temple? I pray they are well and that you find them someday."

"No, the price of the ritual is outside of my means." Larinza considers a comment about greed and religion but looks at the Paladin and rethinks it. "Maybe someday I'll learn the truth. It's just harder not knowing if I should be rescuing them or avenging them."

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: OK, this looks easy with these rosters Skalisss fits nicely as the wildcard in "Kobolds Took My Baby"

Eladrin & Warforged:
Defender: Raiyek, Elf Paladin
Striker: Rabbit, Dwarf Warlock
Controller: none
Leader: none
Wildcard: Kruk, Dwarf Fighter (also from Hoofchew)

Kobolds Took My Baby:
Defender: Shorrin, Dragonborn Fighter
Striker: Vixo, Kobold Rogue
Leader: Hadrak, Dwarf Cleric
Wildcard: Skaliss, Dragonborn Paladin

Sound good to everyone?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
She speaks, ignoring the patron before them having already assumed all positions were taken. "Well, well aren't you two busy? Where are you off to now Raiyek? And you, Seven Rabbit, How have you been! I was sad you could not come along on our last venture. Perhaps one day, soon, hm?"
"Haha, you finally made it back?" Raiyek pokes Les in the ribs with his elbow as he prods her with his words. "To be honest, I'm not sure where exactly we're going. Or what, either. I suppose we'll find out soon enough. You won't be joining us, then? That's too bad, but hopefully our paths will cross once again sometime soon."
[sblock=OOC]@Raven: I believe the fire Balth was in was called a flaming sphere, caused by certain tiefling wizard. ;)

OOC: OK, this looks easy with these rosters Skalisss fits nicely as the wildcard in "Kobolds Took My Baby"

Eladrin & Warforged:
Defender: Raiyek, Elf Paladin
Striker: Rabbit, Dwarf Warlock
Leader: none
Wildcard: Kruk, Dwarf Fighter (also from Hoofchew)

Kobolds Took My Baby:
Defender: Shorrin, Dragonborn Fighter
Striker: Vixo, Kobold Rogue
Leader: Hadrak, Dwarf Cleric
Wildcard: Skaliss, Dragonborn Paladin

Sound good to everyone?
Sounds fine with me, as long as the DMs approve. ;)

Now we just need a couple of wizards to come out of the woodwork. C'mon, I know you're out there![/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
The eladrin looks taken atback at the plethora of help.

"The two dwarves and the elf will do finely, I suppose. Dwarves, in my experience, have always been a trustworthy sort, and if one of you can vouch for the paladin then I am sure that he is most capable. But can you vouch for each other?"

The warforged sighs and buries his head in his hands. The eladrin, apparently, believes that all dwarves know each other.

[sblock=OOC]Need two more, a striker and a controller. Trust me; you are GOING to want a full party for this adventure. I'd suggest Vlastos for controller, and one of those fancy Gith warlords fromn Hoofchew.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Les... Gental, was it? I remember meeting you briefly when I arrived.

Yes, it was bad timing - I must have dozed off, and when I woke up, everyone was gone. Still, the extra time was well spent - I have been able to watch the patrons here and learn a lot more about the local customs.

Why don't you join us? These gentlemen have some sort of problem they need help with, though they have not been very clear on what it is."

Rabbit turns back to their would-be employer.

"Well, let me see who I can vouch for. The moon is currently in the Great Serpent, while the Low Wanderer approaches the horizon - an auspicious time for the beginning of journeys! But we must have a compatible set of companions for the journey. As my name indicates, I was born on the Seventh day of the cycle, with the sign of the Rabbit, which makes me a fair fit for the current arrangement of the heavens. The other dwarf, as you say, is quite trustworthy and I deduce from his introduction earlier that his primary sign is the Roaring Wind... a rough guess, but I feel confident in it. Judging from his age, he would have been born about three major cycles of the Wind ago, which is excellent for our current endeavour! It provides a perfect counterbalance for the influence of the Great Serpent." Rabbit pauses in his torrent of words and winks at Kruk. "As for the elf, I am afraid I am not as familiar with the race as I am with my own people. Namely, forgive me, I cannot read your body language or even judge your age very well. May I ask, when were you born?"

balth

First Post
Balth scratches his head a moment, then moves towards Raiyek and Les.

Well met, again, adventurers. It seems to be quite the commotion in here.

He sees Les tilt her head, eyeing his cloak.

"Ah, courtesy of the mage we assaulted hoofchew with. I shall have to get another to wear over this one; it has... sentimental value. Given to me by a friend no longer of this world. Perhaps I can find a tailor to patchwork the old and new. Similar to what I have become."

He bows, spreading his hands slightly, a smile on his face accentuating the scar.

Has anyone need of a bowman or bard? It seems that there are people in need, and those are my favorite kind to help.

He motions to Raiyek. And as long as this good gentlemen walks in front to distract them with his glare, I can most assuredly fill any evildoers full of arrows while they are occupied.

He grins at Raiyek and motions to clasp arms with him, his joke obviously intending to be just that.

You fought well in there. He nods at Les, as did you. A fine and worthy pair of traveling companions, anyday.

[sblock=OOC] I could always multiclass wizard... oh wait, no I can't ;) Extra striker FTL ;)

And astute observation, Raiyek. It was indeed the wizard who said "I would NEVER do that!" LOL

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Les... Gental, was it? Why don't you join us? These gentlemen have some sort of problem they need help with, though they have not been very clear on what it is."
"Yes, I'm sure we could use your assistance. Why don't you join us?" Raiyek seems a touch eager, and one could almost say his face lights up at the prospect. Almost as an afterthought, he adds, "Or you, Larinza?" [sblock=ooc]Just to be clear, I, as the player, don't have a preference between Les and Larinza. Either would be a fine addition to the party, and I think Larinza was technically the first to put her name in (right??). Raiyek though, as the character, is a little more interested in Les. One could almost say he finds her fascinating. ;)[/sblock]
Rabbit turns back to their would-be employer.

"Well, let me see who I can vouch for. <snip> "As for the elf, I am afraid I am not as familiar with the race as I am with my own people. Namely, forgive me, I cannot read your body language or even judge your age very well. May I ask, when were you born?"
Raiyek seems uncomfortable for a moment, but responds as best he can anyway. "I was born 44 years ago, though I have no idea what the actual date would be on the local calendar, let alone your calendar, Seven Rabbit. Is that enough information for you?" Inwardly, Raiyek is smiling and chuckling at the dwarf. What an interesting one, I've never met a dwarf like him before. I wonder what his divinations will say about me ... "Oh, by the way, do you prefer to be called Seven Rabbit, or is there some customary shortening that you use?"

He motions to Raiyek. And as long as this good gentlemen walks in front to distract them with his glare, I can most assuredly fill any evildoers full of arrows while they are occupied.

He grins at Raiyek and motions to clasp arms with him, his joke obviously intending to be just that.

You fought well in there. He nods at Les, as did you. A fine and worthy pair of traveling companions, anyday.
Indicating his now scuffed and dented armor, Raiyek's face suddenly contorts in mock rage. "Those blasted orcs have dimmed the beacon of my breastplate! I must remedy the situation as soon as possible!" he says, dripping with sarcasm as he pretends to polish off a particularly large scrape. Clasping Balth's arm in return, he laughs again and winks at the other elf. "You fought well also, my friend. So, what do you plan to use your share for?"

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
A door opens and a familiar face walks in, the human with fanciful clothing, a neat and trimmed beard, and carrying only a dagger at his hip.

"Hello and well met my friends and companions, tonight is a night of celebration as we have so many newcomers to this fine establishment. Quite the group indeed, it appears that introductions are in order. My name is Murphy Tang, friend and colleague of all who call the sea their home. I hope there's at least one sea dog amongst you."
the newcomer says with a grin and booming voice.

He saunters over to the bar with an air of confidence and grabs a drink. Murphy turns and looks at the crowd and notices a group sitting together and invites himself over.

"Well, ain't this a fine collection of souls, what are you all doing on such a fine evening such as this? Celebrating something, I hope. Mind if I grab a seat? I always enjoyed a good chat" the man says gregariously, taking his seat without waiting for the response

JRYoung

First Post
"M'Lady, Skalisss, the humble ssservant of Netari, at your ssservice" he says with a bow.

"And perhapsss my friend Vlastosss would be interesssted. Letsss usss sssee if he has recovered from his wenching yet..."

OOC: No need to fight over Vlastos, given that he posts some time soon. If another Wizard is not forthcoming perhaps a Warlock or Ranger could fill that slot? No area effect powers, but a ranged striker is the next best thing.

Remove ads