Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Rathan

First Post
Patronis shrugged softly as he didn't feel her voice was that bad.... given the fact that he'd been through torture more recently than he's like to admit... any voice that was not of his torturer was more than welcome... in fact he felt the woman's voice was abnormal... something Patronis definitely held in high regard.... he smirked at her answer and how she actually didn't take much offense to his blunt nature was another point in her favor... he was liking her already.... he moved to sit with the rest of his new found companions and sipped his drink quietly....

Fragsie

Explorer
The door to the tavern opens slightly, through the gap the uncertain voice of a woman can be heard talking to someone in the street:
In here?.. You are sure?.. Well, thankyou for your help young master.
The door finaly opens to reveal the woman to whom the voice belongs; she is 5'7", not large, but curvy. Her skin is quite pale with a slight pearlescent shimmer, above her teary silver eyes, two sharp looking horns thrust upward from a mass of dishevelled purple hair. She is wearing a cream silk dress over leather armour that appears to be of eladrin design, a heavy backpack on her back and a capped spear in her hand helping to support her weight. A pair of glowing green earrings dangle from her ears and cast strange prisms over her nech and shoulders.

As the door closes behind her, she looks around the room with wide eyes that seem full of wonderment, but also a deep melancholy. The barman, sensing her uneasines, beckons her forward. As she approaches she glances around the tavern, taking in all the strange new faces. When she finally reaches the bar, a great flood of words spill out of her mouth:

I.. uh.. I was told that i could get food and drink here? I have been walking for a long time, and this place is so strange, the trees hardly bare any fruit, and the animals are all so timid and unfamiliar, I could not hunt them well, and then the forest ended, and i saw this place, i have never seen so many people in one place before, and the building are all so big, with the stone walls all around, how do you manage to live with the woods so far away...

Out of breath, the woman slumps onto a bar stool and bites back a sob, seems to regain her composure a little, then continues;

I beg your apologies ser, but this land of yours is strange to me, and i feel i am still not in my right mind... May i have some food and drink please, i have gold to recompense you.

Rathan

First Post
Patronis' attention was grabbed by something.... not really anything visible per say but he could feel the pull of another with infernal power, yet, somehow different from his own... His eyes zeroed in on the newcomer to the inn as he smiled softly at her gifts he could feel that flowed within them both..... he said not a word to her yet though, she seemed lost.. frightened.. and confused. It was best he did not spook her for he may be able to learn from her in time. Patronis nodded to her once in greeting as she looked her way around the inn and went back to casual conversation with his new found companions.

Fragsie

Explorer
After downing her drink the horned woman seems to calm down a fair bit, she realises that everyone in the tavern seems a little uneasy, the barman whispers quietly to her. She looks a little abashed, then turns to the everyone and says;
I must apologise to you all; im unsure of a lot of things here, and it seems i have made a mistake already. My name is Cheysuli Sage, you may call me Chey if you wish. I have no idea where i am, or why the sky is so... still. Perhaps someone could help me?.. Tell me where i am, and how i would get back to my home?

She reaches into a pouch at her hip and places a couple of small gold nuggets on the bar and says to the tavern-master;

I'm afraid my gold is not as neat as what the others seem to be paying you with.

Rathan

First Post
Patronis stands from his hunched position at the table with his friends hearing the teiflings words and moves... slowly... over to her... he looks her up and down before speaking...

Evening m'lady teifling... Chey was it?.... I am Patronis and I do beileve we have a little in common"...... Patronis paused a bit and made sure not to out there commonality in case she wished it not mentioned.... he picked up where it left off after pausing... as for where you are.. to be general you're on the Prime Material Plane... sadly the cities name here escapes me as well as I've not been here more than a few hours myself..... I'm sorry I could not be of more help to you..

Fragsie

Explorer
Relieved to hear a calm, friendly voice, Cheysuli smiles, a little abashed about her recent outburst. As she does, the slight glow of light from her earrings increases for a second, then dulls again.

Thank you Patronis, you have helped me no end simply by letting me know that i am not alone in my plight. I have heard stories of the Prime Material; my father used to live here when he was very young, he told me that the Spirits were quiet here, but i had not imagined. Are you from the Feywilds too?

The is hint of hopefulness in the question.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As soon as the word "Feywilds" left the other woman's mouth, Miranna dropped the cup she had been holding with a clatter. She pushed her chair back and stood, sliding into a fighting stance- though she had enough self-control that she did not actually draw her sword (yet). One gloved hand was on the hilt of her blade, though, and the other hand, clenched in a fist, was extended out in front of her- the air around it seemed to ripple slightly.

Her voice was low and rasping, both more painful and more bestial than before. "Feywilds? Who do you serve?" It was hard to tell, given the feral voice, whether it was fear or fury that she was struggling with...

OOC: I'm pretty sure we can't actually fight in the tavern, but Miranna is just a wee bit touchy right now.

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar quickly stands and tries to keep the situation from going to much further."Please, peace if you will. There is no need for such rash actions," looking at Miranna specifically.

Rathan

First Post
Patronis sighed softly and moved to stand between the two would be conflicting parties... it was do something or have a fight on his hands.... Patronis decided to act......

With raised hands to Miranna he spoke softly... soothingly calmly..Please please my fine breathing beings... I would like this not to come to violence.... lets sit... talk this out.... see what exactly if any the problem really is here..... for my sake and the sake of everyone else here.... shall we then? the human spoke as he tried to sooth these feuding two with words of diplomacy....

[sblock=diplomacy check:] I will use this diplomacy check to sooth the high tensions within the room between Miranna and Chey... keeping Chey calm... and Miranna from taking agressive action.... 1d20+2=11[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Chey is taken abacl for a second, but then a grim, warning look falls over her face as she rises from her stool. Her earrings pulse feintly as the slightest lick of flames play between her fingers.

[sblock=Insight DC 26] bluff check (1d20+11=26)
Although her face and body language seem defiant, and challenging. Her eyes show fear; in this strange place, a dangerous looking woman seems to be offended by her or her home, she really doesn't want to fight, but instead wants to be somewhere safe and familiar.[/sblock]

Lady, I have served my father and Master; Taurë Hir the Forest Lord, all may life, as best a daughter could. But he's dead now, and i'm here unnable to lay him to rest. So as you can imagine i am quite upset. If you bear emnity to me or my passed Master, I will happily fight you to defend his honor!

After looking around the room, and spying the bouncer in the corner who is watching the situation very closely, she says to the human woman:

Though i think perhaps we should go outside if it truely is your intent to fight.

Edit: (got post-ninja'd) After the soothing words of Brewar and her new friend Patronis, Chey nods, and to show she indeed would prefer peace, she slowly sits back down, though her eyes never leave Miranna's. She gestures to the stool on the other side of Patronis:

Won't you please have a seat and tell me what it is about me that offends you... perhaps i can do something to ease your tensions.

Last edited:

Remove ads