Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Malanore

First Post
The door to the tavern opens and a five foot not much cloaked figure enters the tavern very trepidly. At a first look around the room the figure sees the sign asking people to announce themselves and a distinctly elven female voice announces "Oh, um, Shalya Brightleaf, cleric of Phoebus." and a small hand produces a holy symbol and holds it up from under the cloak for an awkward moment.

She then quickly puts it away and heads to the bar and order's "Something Light". As she takes a seat at a table close to the door she seems to constantly be scanning the room as if looking for something but afraid of finding it at the same time.

[sblock=OOC] First time posting here on ENWorld and my character hasn't been approved yet but I thought I'd make my presence available if something's going down [/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
The door to the tavern opens and a five foot not much cloaked figure enters the tavern very trepidly. At a first look around the room the figure sees the sign asking people to announce themselves and a distinctly elven female voice announces "Oh, um, Shalya Brightleaf, cleric of Phoebus."

Oh, wait, that's right... Emral Dajant, Wizard of Arcane... magic. Hi. Nice to meet you. Emral holds out his hand, and motions the cleric to the nearest table. By nearest, of course, he means nearest with a group of other potential adventurers also there. Wow, a cleric of Phoebus. That sounds fun. My parents are scribes for various temples about the city but, unfortunately, it turns out I'm not very good with spells. No, wait, prayers, sorry. I'm great with spells. Are you... you're not from around here, I'm guessing? I grew up in Daunton, nice city, very classy place to live.

[sblock=ooc] would I be able to see that Dragonborn herald, or is he already talking to those other adventurers?
Also, I'm pending approval (sheet in process) but there isn't anything crazy asked for on the sheet as it is... so I'm ready for joining a game. [/sblock]

Last edited:

rumleech

Explorer
Mr. Bricks faces the dragonborn, "Count me in the Captain, I'll sign up before I lose me spot." He says nodding to the newcomers. He looks aroundat his new colleagues and says with a waggle of his eyebrows, "A trip away might prove to be a bit beneficial to my health at the moment and I especially like the bit about being 'rewarded handsomely'."

[sblock=sorry I didn't post yesterday]Blimey, you're ill for a day and it all kicks off.[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar seems to debate the mission a moment before confirming, "I will join you it sounds a worthy quest for a servant of Palladys."
[sblock=OOC]
I've only got one approval but I'm ready to go
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
The aide glances around the room, his eyes stopping on each of the adventurer's who he's been talking to.

Brenwar, Mr. Bricks, Patronis, Hadarai, Miranna you have all heard what the general would ask of you. It is for you that this call is issued but the kingdom would be served by the addition of one more. Know any of you one among these recently arrived?

[sblock=ooc] I tried to pick out everyone who's been sitting around waiting, and I count five. If I missed someone let me know asap, if not if you could politely decide amongst yourselves who the sixth party member will be the aide will quickly move you along to the adventure thread. PS damn all you people on the eastern coast, posting when I'm still in bed lol. [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna had spend a few moments in quiet thought- though it would be tough to say whether she was mulling over the words of the dragonborn or her own apparent overreaction. Finally, though, she shook her head once and stepped forward, close enough to speak without raising her voice.

"If your company is not yet complete, I would offer my abilities as well. I have training with a blade, and with arcana."

OOC: Human Swordmage, not yet approved; [sblock] http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:pC:Miranna_Stormsong_(pathfinderq1)
Really fixed now, I hope
[/sblock] Please note, I will be away from my computer until sometime on Sunday, smashing orcs (or something)- don't mistake a temporary silence for loss of interest.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]what do we have? a warlord, a rogue, a warlock, I think a Paladin and...? Depending on the fifth member's class, I'd say we could use a strong meleer. Very good synergy with the tactical warlord, and a paladin and a warlord should offer enough healing I hope.
Edit: please note that miranna's link doesn't lead to a character sheet.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Bolstered by Hadarais bold agreement to the dragonborns request, Chey eyes the people sat about her, then speaks up;

I would maybe be interested, if my new friends are too? She makes sure her eyes include Miranna in that title. Is this Jade Kingdom far?

In an aside to Miranna she quietly says; I am keen to lay your fears to rest my lady, we have encountered one another on a off footing - both of us in a state of distress, yet i feel that somewhere in your life a deep wrong has been done that has led you to fear the Spirit-Woods. This is a great shame for there is much to be learnt from the place, and much love in the Spirit's hearts, i wish to get to know you, and to show you what has been hidden from you before now.

She turns to Brenwar and Patronis; And you two; my brave guardians, there is noone else i would rather have by my side in a real fight! She grins at them with an almost childish glee dancing in her eyes, her earring again glow softly for a few seconds.

With her decisions made, Miranna turned from the dragonborn back to Cheysuli, her voice still quiet though it sounded a bit less tortured now that she was not so stressed. "It seems like, with a first meeting such as this, that we are destined to be good friends- or mortal enemies. I would be grateful if we might find that out together, with the others of this company."

Remove ads