Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

DMDanW

First Post
OOC

Oh, no I didn't realise that. I thought that all material from the core books was accepted, and by WotC definition all PHB, MM and DMG are core material, and that the supplements like martial and arcane power was "non-core".

I guess I'll just have to wait till it gets approved then.

garyh

First Post
OOC: For L4E, any rules can be proposed 3 months after they've been published, and then the Judges vote on allowing them or not. So, for example, Martial Power has been approved for use, but PHB2 has another month till we can consider it, and Arcane power another two months. That said, you can keep the character you made and just hang out in the tavern and roleplay until PHB2 is approved.

The charter lists currently approved sources:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/246934-l4w-charter-read-first.html

And welcome to Living 4th Edition!

ryryguy

First Post
A warforged of indeterminate gender passes through the front door. It has chainmail seemingly attached to its body. It scans the room, reads the sign on the wall, and addresses the bouncer.

My name is Ingot. I am a servant of Vulkar. Pleased to meet you.

Again it scans the room, then fixes its gaze first on Grim, then the barmaid.

I would like one of what he's having.

It crosses the room to an empty table, walking with a slight but defnite limp. It sits, and waits. When the barmaid delivers its drink, it stares at the mug as if not quite sure what to do with it.

[sblock=OOC]
Hi... my first PbP game, looking forward to it. Ingot is not completed - still working on the crunch - but ready to jump in to an adventure pending approval. And anyway, warforged battle cleric. ;)

By the way, how do folks make the little "mini stats" blocks in their posts? Do you just do them up manually or is there a template or tool to help?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Look at some of the sample characters on the wiki (I think there are links in the character creation thread). They have some code you can copy and paste into your post.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Woot, thanks JNC! Let's try it out!

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Priest's Shield, Righteous Brand, Healing Word (2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame
[/sblock]
Got the crunch done, though I'm still mulling over a couple of choices. Once I make up my mind it'll be ready for approval!

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The door burst open and a dwarf equiped with shiny jet black armor, rare indeed for this area. One could only guess where he had been or what he had to do to get it. He holds "well used" greataxe with one hand, with the blade resting just behind his shoulder. He stops and stares at the patrons and the smiles and nods. "Ahhhh...it's good to be back here. I could use an ale right now." He shouts to the bartender. "Aye...it's Kruk...I'd like a pint of your best ale...you know the one...uh...better make that two." Pausing for a moment, he states to the bartender "err...sorry for the display of rude behavior last time I was here. Do I owe you any money?...I can't remember actually leaving the place."

After receiving his beverages, he turns to all and states om a stern voice. "I heard there is a group looking for a fighter to join their party. If this is true, I'm your guy. I've killed many foes and I've taken many hits. I'm still standing." He sits at a table, takes a long drink from his ale, and burps loudly. "Ahhhh...that hits the spot." He then grabs a handful of peanuts from the table and chomps down a huge handful of them, still in the shell. With with bits of peanut shell clinging to his beard and a small amount of ale spilling from the side of his mouth, he sits and waits for someone to come forward while he inspects his axe.

johnmeier1

Explorer
There is another dwarf in robes sitting at a nearby table with three others, a bugbear, an orc and a halfling. He raises an eyebrow at Kruk's behavior then motions for him to join the table. Well met, I am Gregor of the Stoneburner clan. We were just discussing some recent events in the city. It seems that the town guard is insufficiently prepared to deal with a recent rash of murders and there are some other foul deeds afoot.

[sblock=OOCdwarves]If you have the background of Mykonos' Sanctuary you would know more of Georg and the Stoneburner family, send me a message[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
There is another dwarf in robes sitting at a nearby table with three others, a bugbear, an orc and a halfling. He raises an eyebrow at Kruk's behavior then motions for him to join the table. Well met, I am Gregor of the Stoneburner clan. We were just discussing some recent events in the city. It seems that the town guard is insufficiently prepared to deal with a recent rash of murders and there are some other foul deeds afoot.

[sblock=OOCdwarves]If you have the background of [/sblock][sblock=OOCdwarves]Mykonos' Sanctuary you would know more of Georg and the Stoneburner family, send me a message[/sblock]

Kruk gets out of his chair walks over to the table. He wipes the foam (from the ale) away from his beard with his forarm and then plops onto a chair. Pausing, gazing into the eyes of each member of the group, he stats to the dwarf in robes, "I have recent come back from an adventure, fighting along side of another dwarf in robes named 7-Rabbitt. Have you heard of him?" He chuckles out loud. "Don't let the name fool ya, he's a bad arse. If you are anything like him, I'd be happy to fight along side of you."

Back to the topic of discussion. "I'm sad to hear about the news you have presented to me. I'm at your service if you want it. I've been on adventures like this before." He stares at the dwarf in robes, waiting for a reply.

[sblock=OOC]
Hey everyone. I want to join the group, but I have to ask the judges a question about whether or not I'd be able to do another adventure while waiting for approval for promotion to level 2. I think I can, but I want to make sure.
[/sblock]

[sblock=level 1 stats]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points:1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, just like waiting for your first approval, you can do stuff but if any more experience is awarded before you're approved you'll miss out on it.
[/sblock]

A portly - ok, "round" - Dwarf in blindingly bright orange armour wanders out from a back room where he's been talking to the bartender. Hearing his name, he waves to Kruk, but continues out of the tavern without stopping to chat.

Remove ads