Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Tinwe

First Post
Grim turns in his chair to greet the newcomer "Well met, Kruk. We four have been talking adventure, and we would welcome a seasoned warrior."

dimsdale

First Post
Grim turns in his chair to greet the newcomer "Well met, Kruk. We four have been talking adventure, and we would welcome a seasoned warrior."

Kruk turns to Grim and returns a greeting. "Well met to you as well. I've not met one like you (kruk leans foward to observe the bow), but I've seen what one with a bow like that can do. I'd enjoy the chance to fight along side you to see what you can do."

[sblock=ooc]
to the DM of this adventure: Lord Sessadore (a judge) stated that if it is okay with you that I could use my unapproved 2nd level stats. Would you be willing to let me do that?

2nd level stats are shown here

[sblock=2nd level stats]
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 2
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 42 Bloodied 21 Surge Value 11; Surges Per-Day 12
AC =22 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison and armor bonuses (Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic)
action Points:1, Second Wind: not used
basic attack: 1H Battle axe: To Hit: +8: Damage 1d10+4
Powers
At will: cleave, tide of iron
Encounter: passing attack
Daily: Unstoppable, Comeback Strike
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
Kruk turns to Grim and returns a greeting. "Well met to you as well. I've not met one like you (kruk leans foward to observe the bow), but I've seen what one with a bow like that can do. I'd enjoy the chance to fight along side you to see what you can do."

"The bow is deadly" observed Grim "But you haven't seen what I can do until these blades dance among my enemies" Grim pulls his long, horn-handled swords out from beneath the table and affectionately rubs the pommel of one.

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I've submitted an adventure for five first-level PCs called "Fire and Ice". It will be relatively short and fast-paced, just like Echoes of O was (note: this is not a sequel adventure). As a yardstick, who is interested?[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk inspects the swords and nods his head in approval. " Ha Haaa...Woe to the foes who end up with the wrong end of those (pointing to the tips of the swords) in their guts!" With that, Kruk quaffs the rest of his ale and pounds the empty mug on the table. "Whose ready for another!...and when are we off to rid the city of these fiends, or whatever they are, who are causing so much havoc!"

[sblock=ooc post mistake]
In a post I recently submitted, I realized that I referred to 7-Rabbitt as a "bar arse." Sorry about that. :erm: I meant to refer to him as a "bad arse" as a sign of respect. [/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I've submitted an adventure for five first-level PCs called "Fire and Ice". It will be relatively short and fast-paced, just like Echoes of O was (note: this is not a sequel adventure). As a yardstick, who is interested?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I just finished an adventure with Don as the DM. I highly recommend him. He's creative and posts often. He'll make sure that everyone in the party, at one time or another, gets a thorough beating by the powerful foes he creates. But at the end it is worth the abuse. Enjoy! :)
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The door to the tavern opens once again, and through it walks an elf. He isn't what you'd expect from an elf, however. This elf is wearing a full suit of well cared-for plate mail under (what remains of) a white tabard and maroon traveling cloak, and is carrying a small arsenal of weaponry - a large sword on his hip, a larger one on his back, a pair of javelins, and a heavy, oval shield.

His piercing green eyes scan the bar in a mere moment. Satisfied, the elf removes his helm and tucks it under his arm, then unleashes an infectious smile on the tavern's patrons. "Greetings, all. I am Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys, at your service," he says as he bows to the tavern in general. Though his smile seems genuine and friendly, there seems to be an undercurrent of weariness behind it. Spotting Kruk, he nods a greeting and moves towards the table. "Good to see you still eager for action, good dwarf." Turning to the rest of those at the table, he asks in a polite tone, "May I join you?"
[sblock=OOC]Hi, everyone! For those of you who haven't met Raiyek yet, he's a level 2 paladin. I'm thinking of joining an adventure as well, but I think Raiyek might like to just relax for a bit, so maybe I won't yet ;)

Speaking of adventures, I believe renau1g has an approved adventure waiting in the wings - the one about the guard hiring adventurers to investigate some murders, or something like that. Looks like there's pretty much a full party here, so that could probably kick off right away. Don and ukingsken have both also have adventures coming, both of which are apparently short affairs, so looks like there's some options there ;)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
A smile appears on Kruk's face as Raiyek comes foward to the table. Kruk notices that there isn't a chair for him to sit down. "Raiyek, take mine. I'm ready for a refill anyways. I'll bring another chair to the table on the way back." Turning to the rest of the group, Kruk states "I've gone to battle with the palidan twice now. Trust me, there is no other that I'd rather have at my side when things get rough." Back to Raiyek, "Can I get you a drink good friend...err...what is that red stuff you drink...oh...I think I remember now. Ever since that gnoll knocked me out, my short term memory has been on the fritz. It's getting better though." With that, Kruk chuckles and heads to the bar.

[sblock=OOC]
Raiyek, based on a previous post in Echoes of O, I believe this is the adventure that you were interested in doing after Echoes of O. I didn't know that this was the one you were talking about. As much as I want to do this adventure, I'd step out since you mentioned it first.

Everyone in the party: In addition to the defender ability that I have, Raiyek also has the power to heal (although I have more hit points and a better armor class..ha ha). Although, now he can do much more damage than me. Take that into consideration when the final group is made for this adeventure. I don't think there is a member of the party with true healing abilities besides what the warlord can do. Having participated in two adventures, you need all the healing you can get.

Is there a chance that the party could be six? If not, I believe that Raiyek asked for this first, and because of that, I'd step asside.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Nah, don't worry about it, dimsdale. My life is going to be pretty busy here in the near future, so I'm not sure I should get involved in another adventure :p If you're ready to go, then go for it.

Also, I chickened out on the fullblade, decided to go with a bastard sword so I can keep the shield - Raiyek seems to take a lot of punishment, so I just couldn't justify the drop in defenses for an average of +1 damage/[W]. So Kruk and Raiyek are probably pretty close now, stat-wise, though I have a better Ref and Will and you have higher hp ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads