[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok see's the wild looking Drow making headway toward his table, before Tamarand is within reaching distance of a seat, Pok is off! Four quick strides, planting his small foot on a chair, and boosting himself out the window!

Snatching his wand out from one of the folds in his robe, the gnome crouches, waiting on the other-side of the tavern wall. Carefully, holding a mirror to the window, Pok watches Tamarand sit down, and not unkindly introduce himself.

When Lunareth welcome's the newcomer to enjoy the company of the table, Pok hopped in through the window again, struggling a bit this time. After pulling himself up and in, looking a bit shaken, the skittish Sivis sits.

Once again sipping the cocoa and marshmallow drink.

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath lets a smirk appear on his face, showing his amusement of the situation as Pok jumps through the window. He tries to mentally reassure his new friend.

"Don't you worry Pok, we won't let anyone harm you. You are at our table and as such, you bask in the light of Il-Yannah and are under our protection. The shadows of darkness will not creep into our light as long as we draw breath."

CaBaNa

First Post
Tamarand will nod at the Kalashtar's invitation, but he doesn't take his gaze off of the pair of gnomes at the table. He eats the food offered without looking at it and continues to watch.
Pok attempts to lock eye's with the stranger, hoping to get a read on him. *think he'll attack? * Pok impresses toward Lanharath, the question feels tense, but not worried.

Having delivered packages between religious circle for a while now, Pok has stereotyped Kalashtar as generally trustworthy people. His trust in Lanharath's words/thoughts is apparent by his continued presence at the table.

[sblock=OOC]

17 passive insight, I would make an active check at +7, however invisible castle is down.

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Sitting at a table closer to the bar, the gnoll continued to gnaw at its "lunch", finishing the meat quickly and then cracking the bones with a truly horrible sound. It continued to watch the groups ebb and flow as new folk arrived.

For now, the gnoll seemed content to watch, eyeing the tiny tasty gnomes with undisguised hunger. It gave a loud barking laugh as one of the gnomes made an abrupt exit and return, but ventured no closer to the crowded table, and did not seem inclined to join the conversation.

OOC: [sblock] Submitted Sweetness for approval, but I'll be away from Saturday 8/8 to Wednesday 8/12- probably just in time to miss the first batch of adventures now that EN World seems back up to speed. [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok looks uneasily over to his sister, this place seemed to get less and less enjoyable. The Kalashtar was pleasant, but the rest of the bar seemed ready to eat him.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]enworld is finally fast, but I'm slammed IRL... Roswyn would normally be more chatty![/sblock]

Roswyn listens attentively as the kalashtar introduces himself. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lanharath d'Medani. Your profession sounds like a noble one. As for myself, I serve House Sivis as a negotiator and mediator. It is my role to sort out misunderstandings, seek out common ground, and forge agreements. This work has carried me across the Five Nations, and beyond. Recently the House has sent me here to Sharn, to take over for another mediator who is soon to retire. Until the transition is made official, things are a bit slow for me."

Hmm, "d'Medani", eh? And the strange goliath called herself "d'Vadalis". Have they really been adopted into those Houses, or simply taken on the names? I wonder... I could see the Medani taking in a kalashatar, but it seems hard to credit that the breeders of Vadalis would adopt one so strange. They are oh so picky about their bloodlines, after all. Could she be the result of an experiment, I wonder? Probably best to hold my questions for now and see what reveals itself in time...
===
When Tamarand joins the table, Roswyn returns his stare steadily, though she looks away and hides a giggle when Pok jumps away in alarm. After taking the drow's measure, she responds to his query. "A pleasure to meet you, Tamarand. Thank you for your kind offer, but I am not presently travelling nor seeking companionship. I'd love to hear more about your stormy ways while we relax here, though... And if you do not tire of staring before we part ways, I believe I may have a spare portrait you might like." She smiles. "But sorry, I have no portrait of my brother... I'm not sure anyone does. He's very adept at leaving no trace."
===
While sipping her cocoa, Roswyn looks sideways at the gnoll across the room. She appears to be lost in thought.

renau1g

First Post
Tamarand remains unapologetic at being caught in his obvious interest in the duo. "So what brings you to this fine tavern?" he asks pointedly.

[sblock=Pathfinder]
Don't worry I know I've got an approved adventure that I'm not planning on running for a bit
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Seating Arrangements]Man, we have the table for the "popular kids" and the table for the "delinquents". It's like a high school stereotype all over again.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Woo Hoo enworld isn't broken for the moment! Wow I go away for a couple hours and we get 10 new posts? @ Ren - What do you mean you have an approved adventure but aren't going to run it? aren't there enough approved characters yet?[/sblock] Rohna sees Roswyn's eyebrows raise at her name. "I was born on the borders between the Talenta Plains and the Mournlands. There were many strange things happening there during the war, which is why my family fled here to the city with the highest walls. We goliath don't hold much stock in things like last names, so when I manifested this mark when I reached the age of reckoning I took the name that went with the mark."

ryryguy

First Post
The gnome looks a little bit irked at the drow's insistent question. "I've been walking around Sharn to get to know the place, and passed Tower's Shard earlier. It looked interesting. I knew my brother was recently arrived and sent him a note, suggesting that we meet here. Why are you so interested?"

She looks over again at the gnoll in the corner, and abruptly lets out a bark. It's higher pitched, but not too unlike what the gnoll had sounded like a few moments ago. Then she speaks in a loud voice that carries across the room.

[sblock=ooc]Do Eberron gnolls speak Abyssal? Rats, one of the few languages Roswyn doesn't know. This would work better if she could say it in Sweetness's language...
*edit* I just checked the wiki and it's Goblin! Yay![/sblock]

[sblock=Goblin]
"An elf, a dwarf and a gnoll walk into a bar.

"The elf says, 'Bartender, a bottle of your finest wine.' He drinks a gulp from the bottle, spits it out on floor, and hisses, 'Yuck! You call this wine? In Aerenal this wouldn't pass for gnoll piss!' He draws a bow, throws the bottle in the air, and shoots it with an arrow.

"The dwarf says, 'Bartender, a keg of your finest ale.' He drinks a gulp from the keg, spits it out, and growls, 'Bah! You call this ale? In the Holds this wouldn't pass for gnoll piss!' He draws an axe, throws the keg in the air, and splits it in half.

"The gnoll says, 'Bartender, a haunch of your finest meat.' She chews off a bite, spits it out and barks, 'Ha! You call this meat? Welll...' She draws a club and a dagger, throws the haunch of meat in the air, slits the elf's throat and drinks the blood, bashes the dwarf's head in and takes a bite from the brains, catches the meat, and says, 'It's not that good, but at least it's better than elf blood or dwarf brains.'"
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads