[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
"Why I'm interested as I hoped you could help me out with a matter of privacy. There are too many ears around. Perhaps a little later we can speak in private, with yourself and your brother if you desire not to be alone" Tamarand replies evenly.

"Now, you asked about elemental magicks. I would be glad to discuss them with you, although I probably can't demonstrate it in here. I've already been warned about the guard" the drow jokes

[sblock=Vertexx]
I need to wait until my games going again (I'm running three currently) with the slowdown I had put them on hold so I owe those players before I start a new game. As I usually don't post on weekends either, this is only a few days of posting that I have. Anyways it'll probably be next week that I get it going :)
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok sits very still, looking at his mug, occasionally tipping the drink up to his lips. Feeling mildly uncomfortable still at the large number of people showing him and his sister interest.

Roswyn casually speaking helped ease his mind, along with the Kalashtar.

Until Roswyn spoke to the Gnoll... Pok tensed, ready to leap for the window again. He had no idea what Roswyn was spouting to the unfriendly looking beast.

He started placing things together, looking at the exits. Suddenly the proximity of Tamarand became unbearable, and Pok begins edging toward Lanharath. Without noticing his hand slipped in between folds of cloth and held tight to his wand.

*I'd much rather be deep in enemy territory, in the dark of night, alone, than here now...* Pok's face was very serious, a look of determination. His mind was set to staying in the room and finishing out a social experience with local people. Roswyn could do it...

Pok leans in to his sister and whispers We have a large enough party to justify renting a Facet of the Tower Shard. I hear the rooms are spacious and affordable, with windows... Or we could just sit here in the common room...

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
The gnoll gave a high cackling bark (of laughter?) at Roswyn's comments. "Yep! Yep! Yep!," it added, before spitting out a few words of the goblin tongue.

[sblock=Goblin] "Pretty good joke- that dwarves have brains. Rest of joke not so bad either. Take care with goblin-talk- mostly bad people talk like that here..." [/sblock] While the creature seemed amused, it kept its own seat, and continued to survey the bar with a crafty and suspicious gaze.

ryryguy

First Post
"Why I'm interested as I hoped you could help me out with a matter of privacy. There are too many ears around. Perhaps a little later we can speak in private, with yourself and your brother if you desire not to be alone" Tamarand replies evenly.

Roswyn brightens at Tamarand's explanation. "Ah! Well then, privacy and integrity are House Sivis' stock in trade. I'd be happy to speak with you in private and see if I can help." She glances at Pok. "Pok, if you don't mind joining us, it might be a good experience for you - and I'd be very reassured," she adds with a wink.

"Now, you asked about elemental magicks. I would be glad to discuss them with you, although I probably can't demonstrate it in here. I've already been warned about the guard" the drow jokes

Roswyn laughs merrily. "I can only imagine! That's one nice thing about illusion magic; generally the guards don't even notice you doing it. There is one thing I've always wondered about channeling electrical energy..."

<insert arcane technobabble here>

Pok leans in to his sister and whispers We have a large enough party to justify renting a Facet of the Tower Shard. I hear the rooms are spacious and affordable, with windows... Or we could just sit here in the common room...

Roswyn pats her brother's hand reassuringly. "You're doing great, Pok," she whispers back. "We can get a room if you like. But I think we're okay out here. I don't think any of these folks are going to try to hurt us. And if they do, well, we aren't exactly helpless little lambs, now are we?"

[sblock=ooc]what exactly is a Facet - is it like an overnight stay room, or a party room? Is there a wiki page on the tavern someplace?[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Ok, but if you do want to talk privately with Tamarand, Pok nods toward the Drow, There is always the option.

[sblock=OOC]

I just made it up, Tower Shard, Facet, seemed thematic...

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I see... gotcha. I guess it can be either a sleeping room or a party room as we prefer... [/sblock]

"Good idea. But there's no rush... let's linger here a bit longer."

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna sees how high strung the stealthy gnome seems to be and signals brews. She slides a pint in front of himas she takes a slug off of her own. "This might calm that case of the nerves you got there Pok."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Goblin]Gnoll joke here[/sblock]
Tondrek, whose reinforced tower now has buttresses made of toothpicks, frowns at the gnome's words. He scratches his head in confusion, causing a bit of his constrution to slope sideways.

Roswyn laughs merrily. "I can only imagine! That's one nice thing about illusion magic; generally the guards don't even notice you doing it. There is one thing I've always wondered about channeling electrical energy..."

<insert arcane technobabble here>
Tondrek, head bobbing back and forth, shakes his head as the gnome speaks. Illusion not the fault of the target. Illusion works by the manipulation of the source. No source, no target. Yes. As the gnome asks her questions of the drow, the half-orc mutters to himself answers to each in a distracted tone as he focuses on the tower: Absence of elenamental good force forces bad force to go there, making boom.... sonic manifestation.... could be, but it would kill us all, kill us all... The responses are automatic.

renau1g

First Post
Adventure Awaits

The door to the tavern opens and in walks a female wearing polished platemail and carrying a longsword at her side. A necklace hangs from her neck, with a holy symbol of The Silver Flame dangling from it, also finely polished silver.

She surveys the room and looks over each person. "I am looking for those who would aid the Flame. There is trouble that we need investigated, and with our resources stretched thin right now, we will need some outside assistance. If you wish to answer the call, I've reserved a Facet of the Shard for further discussion. Know that this will could be a long task and it will take you far from the comforts of this establishment" the woman says and heads to an adjoining meeting room.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/260101-trouble-moonwatch.html#post4881003

[sblock=OOC]
I'll be looking for 6 PC's, 1 of each role, and 2 bonus PC's. This will be a long-length adventure (most likely), but I'll introduce places for the PC's to leave if they desire.

No alignment restrictions.

I added another PC to the amount I'm looking for to account for player attrition.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads