• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
A young boy walks into the inn with a copy of the Sharn Inquisitive in his hand.

"Here you go Brews. Here's your copy of the Inquis."

Brews hands the boy a coin and quickly glances at the front page where the words MURDER MOST FOUL! are boldly displayed.

MURDER MOST FOUL!

[sblock=New Adventure]
Murder Most Foul is an adventure for 5 or 6 4th to 5th level Eberron PCs. The group will need at least one defender and one leader, but other roles can be used in almost any configuration. It is preferable to not have more than two of any single role. It is also preferable to have at least some PCs with the Acrobatics, Athletics, and Endurance skills.

This adventure is different than some PBP adventures that have only one or two encounters on any given game day. The adventure will consist of a murder investigation which will include several days of encounters. There will be 4 to 6 encounters per game day, so conserving resources is important. Players who have their PC use up their dailies and action point early on might find the PC in trouble later on.

There will also be quite a few skill challenges, so a variety of skills is important.

Because of the number of encounters per game day, there will be a nearly constant state of being challenged. If a player does not enjoy his PC being on the edge, he or she might not enjoy this campaign. PCs will get hurt every day and at least some PCs will fall unconscious nearly every day. This is a challenging adventure. Alternatively, if you prefer playing a PC that takes a lot of unnecessary risks, this adventure is also probably not for you. A PC that uses up a lot of healing surges by taking unnecessary risks will run out of healing surges and will be in serious trouble later in the day.

But if you love challenges, then you should enjoy this adventure.

I would prefer players that are willing to post nearly every day. Assuming that all players post within 48 hours and often daily, this campaign will take approximately 9 months to complete.

If you do not have 9 real months to dedicate to this campaign, please do not sign up. If you cannot post nearly every day, please do not sign up.

Obviously, there will be times when people run into issues posting. Just PM me ahead of time if possible.

If the group is in a combat encounter, then I will post an appropriate response for any player who does not post within 48 hours. Outside of combat, I will also make any necessary skill rolls for a player's PC if the player does not do so within 48 hours.

This is a relatively long adventure, so people need to be committed to posting frequently (i.e. daily) in order to get through it in a reasonable time frame.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
Euphie looks at Filo as he talks about himself. "Are we expected to tell all about ourselves? Not that I mind... Lets see. I've explored ruins my whole life and like Staci, I'm pretty good at hitting things with my sword." Euphie summons her sword at this point. "If need be I can enchant, use alchemy, use healing magic and even make holy water."

Euphie thinks a moment. "What else did you say... Oh yeah, you gave your family name. Which one to give?... I guess the proper one would be my mother's so that'd be Cannith"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I am Cairn. I am interested. I protect."

OOC: I'm got response from two judges and made changes requested by them. Now I'm awaiting final approval. Cairn is my first LEB character, have another active in L4W.

Cairn

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Edward nods his head with keen interest as each person speaks, considering their abilities and personalities.

[sblock=ooc]I don't have a problem with you're character being the only level 2 character, especially considering you'll likely have melee support to back you up.

That being said, this adventure was not written with you in mind. I assume you took this into account when making you're character and realize you have a higher chance of death than the others.

I'm just waiting on one or two more people/things. I'll select a party before the weekend is up.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC Scorpious]
Indeed, I was aware, but I expected more characters to be lower levels since the rules say 1-4. Of course I knew most will be forth since leveling is slow going in pbp, just not so exclusively.

That said, I may be allowed to level him before starting, but I don't think judges who already pored over it would be very happy about it.
EDIT: I just got PM from judge, asking why don't I level him BEFORE he's approved instead of risking dieing so, starting on monday, he will be 4th level warden...feel free to pick him

Also, he should level up fairly quickly since he would receive XP for 4th levels.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Oh, I guess I should have said that this is my first LEB character.

OOC2: Small problem though. I made second level character, but it is a warden. He has more hitpoints them most 4th levels.if I look at how the combat is going, but only R1 know the true answer).
LOL Sounds like the druid i just made up for L4W. I don't think Jade'd have a problem adventuring with higher levels either. :)

[/SBLOCK]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]Don't worry we'll protect you

And Stasi will get a kick out of having to protect a rock.

Expect much taunting. Actually everyone who adventures with Stasi expect much unstablity, she is Bi Polar. [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well it's up to you sir. Like I said, if we're talking about 1 lower level defender, I don't mind. In fact You'd probably be level 4 at adventure's end.

I also don't mind a level 4 defender, especially if Zero's not around.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
A small man, skinny and lightly tanned, enters the tavern, with curiosity and the typical air farmers have when into a city. He looks everywhere, and seems rather lost in the tavern as well as in his own thoughts. With the mouth half opened, he stumbles with a chair, and decides to sit on it.
He sports a pony tail, that hangs on his back. He takes off the straws and twigs hat, and leaves it on the table, along with his backpack and a sheathed dagger. He keeps looking around him, in apparent awe.

CaBaNa

First Post
Amid the excitement around Elec-Squall's table, the former half-elf now turned elemental spotted the newest entry into the tavern, *That guys is getting pick-pocketed, bamboozled, or mugged, just a matter of time...*

Sparks coalesced from Elec-Squalls hand as he raised yet another shot off the table, Shanairra, I'm not signing any contracts yet, last I heard Shava was IN this establishment. For all I know she may be somewhere around here, or about to walk in again from where she was. Besides no one offers that kind of gold to sit in a dark and spooky room, do they Edward? Elec-Squall tips the shot back, setting the glass back on the table, upside down, signaling that his drinking had just come to an end.

He looks Edward in the eyes, Do we look like that guy? Elec-Squall's head jerked in the direction of the newcomer, Why are you paying so much? Did that "glimmer" you spoke of include a horde of Zed? Elec-Squall is either trying to haggle, or is very skeptical of Edward's description of the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads