• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Any news about my character? I've not recieve more emails about him and the problem I had with formatting.
[sblock=OOC]I did not see any email about him; did you use the right title? "LEB Character Submission: Hasifar"? I fixed the formating issue, however. Other judges will still need to review it.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
It was LEB submission BIlbo Baggins, sent on Dec 17th. He's next in my queue to look at although now I'm going to bed. Likely won't be until next Tuesday or so[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The door opens and a large, overweight dwarf enters the tavern wearing weather-stained chainmail armor, with the links around the stomach area stressed to the point of breaking. His hair and beard are well kept, both with long flowing braids. No weapon is visible, although he does carry a walking cain with a silver handle. His eyes are already busy, surveying the tavern gaining insightful knowledge about the tavern and the patrons who are currently in it. Satisfied, he waddles forward to the barkeep and announces loudly "Ohhhh!... hear that roast muttin you serve here is to die for! Would you be so kind to make my a plate...hmmm...better make that two plates, and a pint of your best ale for me to wash it all down." After paying for the meal he turns to the patrons in the tavern and proudly announces himself "I hear this is the place to find work. I am Knoepf and I possess the gift of healing. I'm at your service." Not waiting for a reply, the cleric finds and empty seat, which creaks under his massive weight and begins his pre-meal ritual which he has done so many times before. Before he finishes, a waitress brings him his meals. "Thank you lass. Please stop by frequently as I do tend to drink many pints." He then procedes to eat his meal.

[sblock=ooc]
Knoepf: Dwarf Shielding Cleric 4

Knoepf is my second character. While my first character needs to finish a series of skill encounters before he reaches second level, I thought I'd bring Knoepf in so that he could get something to eat and interact with others currently here. I hope this is ok. If not, he'll remain silent untill Lo-Lag is officially 2nd level.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
The door swings open again. A half-orc enters. His scan is deeply tanned, but his clothing is sopping wet from the continual rain plagueing the City of Towers. Heavily muscled, but yet lean, the half orc takes a seat near a window. Looking outside at the rain, he pulls the hood down from his head.

A pair of canine teeth poke from under his bottom lip. The hilts of a pair of swords emerge from above his shoulder blades. One hilt is black iron, the other shining steel.

"I am Varak," he says, looking around the bar, as if seeking something. He wipes some of the moisture from the shiny black chitin armor that makes his breastplate. Seeing the dwarf gorging himself, the half orc order his own food, chewing own drumstick of a turkey.

Once finished he lights up a pipe, and blows an acrid smoke across the bar.

RickRoll

First Post
The goliath waves as the others leave and turns to those still in the tavern. There's the peasant, the large half-orc, and the eladrin with the flute.

"So what do you all say? Want to have some fun while we wait? Maybe we do arm-wrestle or throw darts or roll some dices? Oh... pointy ears can you please stop that music, it makes me sad" Boruuk says

[sblock=ooc]
Is the eladrin a bard with that flute?[/sblock]

The female looks at the goliath with narrowed eyes, considering his request, and pulls the instrument away from her lips. "I am sorry to have cause you pain." she says simply, stowing the flute in her pack and sipping on her wine. She eyes the newcomers, watching if the half-orcs know each other.

She tosses a casual wave to the dwarf and the half-orc, before casually picking up the paper reading it and tossing it to the bar. The eladrin looks at the others, "Have and of you read this article? There is a killer on the loose. I, for one, would have trouble just sitting around while a murdered is stalking the streets. Is anyone else interested? We probably could get moving pretty quick with all of us here" the eladrin says to the group.

[sblock=ooc]
Tirial's actually a ranger, just like having an instrument.

So she's/I'm interested in KarinsDad's adventure. Anyone else?

Oh, I looked at the character name page and just looked at everyone's class.

Tirial - Eladrin Ranger (Ranged)
Varak - Half-Orc Barbarian (TWF)
Hasifar - Human Sorcerer
Knoepf - Dwarf Cleric (Shielding)
Boruuk - Goliath Fighter
Artemus - Half-Orc Rogue
[/sblock]

Farce

First Post
"Sur' thin' mah' friend. What suits yar fancy? I'm up to anythin' really." says the town man, and gets up to join the Goliath on the bar, he takes his pack and his dagger, and his straws farmer's hat, and place them on the bar. He places a smile on his face and looks intently at the others. Eventually, his face relaxes and his gaze lost scanning the details of the building.

"Hmmm....too many people for to do arm wrestling I think, take too long. Let us try a darts game. Closest to the middle is the winner?" Boruuk replies, unslinging his own pack and leaving it next to the human.

Stepping to the dart board, he grabs three of the darts and returns to the faded line in the floor. Boruuk takes aim and throws one at the board. The toss is a good one and he hits the outside of the bullseye. The second throw ends up outside the scoring zone, and the goliath sighs angrily. The third one goes right in the center of the circle. Boruuk smiles. "Not too bad" he declares

[sblock=ooc]
*Using same proficiency bonus as a dagger, assuming a dart is somewhat similar.

I hope I didn't waste all my good rolls
1d20+6=24, 1d20+6=11, 1d20+6=25 [/sblock]

She tosses a casual wave to the dwarf and the half-orc, before casually picking up the paper reading it and tossing it to the bar. The eladrin looks at the others, "Have and of you read this article? There is a killer on the loose. I, for one, would have trouble just sitting around while a murdered is stalking the streets. Is anyone else interested? We probably could get moving pretty quick with all of us here" the eladrin says to the group.

[sblock=ooc]
Tirial's actually a ranger, just like having an instrument.

So she's/I'm interested in KarinsDad's adventure. Anyone else?

Oh, I looked at the character name page and just looked at everyone's class.

Tirial - Eladrin Ranger (Ranged)
Varak - Half-Orc Barbarian (TWF)
Hasifar - Human Sorcerer
Knoepf - Dwarf Cleric (Shielding)
Boruuk - Goliath Fighter
Artemus - Half-Orc Rogue
[/sblock]

After hearing the eladrin's plea, the goliath pats the human on the shoulder "I think play time is over for me." as he walks to Tirial.

"This is bad news. I would like to help also. " Boruuk replies.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hasifar tries out the darts, but his aim seems of due to the beer he has just drank. "Woops, seems ya' 've won ma' frind." The peasant also hears the words of the fey, and his features harden. "I'll hel ya' out as well lass, can't be 'ere restin' 'f som'on's in danger."

dimsdale

First Post

The dwarf stops eating as his ears perk up to hear what the eladrin has to say. With a mouthfull of food Knoepf yells in her direction "Count me in miss! I'll be done with this other plate in a jippy!" The dwarf starts shoveling in the food even faster than before.

[sblock=ooc]
Knoepf is not approved yet and technically not supposed to be in the tavern since my other character is not 2nd level. But I repeat, he's close (only having his group to complete three skill challenges, at which point Kalidrev is going to hand out exp). If everyone is ok with me coming along, I'm in. If not, I understand and I'll sit and wait for the next adventure. Let me know
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The door to the tavern opens, the rain having slowed to a drizzle outside as a very short, heavily armoured man enters the tavern. He removed the steel helmet and shakes out long grey hair. The armour is a dull steel, simple in its design, but looks exceedingly well made. A longsword hangs at his right hip and a heavy steel shield across his back. The shield is emblazoned with the symbol of Dol Arrah, the rising sun. You can see his ears are slightly pointed, but a small amount of unshaven facial hair betrays him as not a full elf. The half-elf only is fairly short for one of his kind and appears to be of average build. He carries an aura of confidence with him however.

"Greetings. I am Vok Vaerhirmana, follower of the Sovereign Host. I am hear to spread the word of the Host." the man says,walking over to the bar confidently and ordering some ale.

[sblock=symbol]
99872.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Vok's not approved yet, but I believe we're close to levelling up in Evo's game so I brought him out. I think sg's game would be perfect for him, nothing better to demonstrate the strength of the Host than in a public event.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads