• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbob

Explorer
"Yes... Yes!" Unit 16 says, in response to Minkahar. "I see this is confusing; I am missing ...nuance. I intended to use my name less because I discovered this past week it causes odd reactions in those who hear it. For instance, I get strange looks and people call me ma'am and use feminine pronouns to refer to me. I do not mind these things, but I am unaccustomed to them.

However, multiple designations only makes communication more difficult. Therefore I shall use only the name I have chosen."

Unit 16 pauses for a moment. "Susan 16? ... I think that interests me."

A moment later he adds to Minkahar, "Also, did you know that you do not always move your mouth when you speak? I have noticed this also causes odd reactions."

[sblock=ooc]HA! I would have never have thought of "Susan 16!" That's kinda cool, tho![/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Damn - it also makes me think of an 80's "family channel"-esque sitcom, tho... Like a coming-of-age-high-school-sitcom where you learn that drugs are bad and you can always win the big game if you go to pep rallys and try real hard? Thursdays at 8: it's Susan 16! followed by Family Ties.

...Damn! :)[/sblock]

bfiggins

First Post
Minkahar appears surprised to hear that he's been speaking telepathically again. "I'm sorry, I forget that other people have to do that sometimes. It's just...agh, don't you just get frustrated with how it slows you down?"

The thought of frustration leaks out into the room, and Minkahar grimaces as he realizes he's losing control. He turns to Brews to refill his drink, but the barkeep already has a fresh pour waiting for him, like a good server should.

"I don't know why Cannith even put lips on the Warforged; it seems like a step backwards. Probably to make you seem more human. Which! Is an excellent segue into names and pronouns." He chugs his drink, seeming not even to notice the strength of the booze, and sets the tumber aside. "You seem like you're rediscovering yourself. I understand that. Do you know yet if you identify as male or female? Susan's generally a female name, so you should expect more 'ma'am,' 'm'lady' and 'mistress' in your future."

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda just sits back and slowly eats her stew, amused at the vocabulary lesson, and moderately curious if she sounded similar during her recent lectures to the warforged.

evilbob

Explorer
"As I am incapable of speaking without vocalizations, I do not find them cumbersome.

I am not rediscovering myself. My identity is not contained in either of the options you list. I was not aware of the connotations of certain names when I recently chose mine; I shall expect further uses of feminine pronouns and titles, in that case. Thank you for that assistance."
Unit 16 continues to watch Minkahar's actions with interest, especially related to how much he drinks.

bfiggins

First Post
"You'll do fine, then. It sounds like you're more comfortable with yourself than most of the humans I meet. Do you want a drink?"

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda pauses her dinner for a moment, If you are offering to the table, I supposed I might be inclined to drink something other than water. Would either of you be up for spinning a yarn about how you came to be at this fair city and in this fair tavern looking for employ? Her eyes flicker between the warforged and kalashatar, curious to see if any will take her up.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I don't have time tonight and will be busy with the Gold medal hockey game tomorrow, but I got the thumbs up from the other judges to go ahead with the short adventure. Also, with the proposal for debut material passing, bfiggins your ardent is ok to play, just remember that any changes will need to be incorporated when PHB3 is released.

Anyways, I expect on Monday to get it going [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"I do not need to drink," Unit 16 says to Minkahar, watching him continue to put them away.

"I came to this city by random chance. I was directed toward this tavern by the first passerby I met; he indicated it would be friendlier toward my race."

After a moment, he adds, "That... is not really an interesting story, is it?"

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
If that is your story then that is your story. Not everyone can have tales of dashing adventure, military revolution, lost masters or people, and revenge consuming your thoughts. The half-orc replies, smiling sweetly. Perhaps if I share a bit of my own the newcomer will as well. she thought to herself, doing her best not to broadcast anything.

Me, I was falsely accused of cheating in a competition, so instead of lots of drama for my family and school, I fled. I've been on my own a few years now, getting by, but not nearly the level of wealth I had hoped for, so here I am to be a sellsword... errr.. sellbow. Her story done, she looks to the Kalashatar to see if he's taken the bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads