• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfiggins

First Post
[sblock=Business is good]It's a popular, well-known tavern; I think it's safe to assume that Brews has more business than two adventurers over the course of two weeks. (Or else our next adventure should really be dragging Brews to get a business education!) Still, good call on grabbing the drink off Ryda's table - gets involved with you two more quickly. Maybe Minkahar just didn't notice it's water yet...he's not exactly thinking straight.
[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Oh my, this one has definately had a bit too much to drink... she mutters to herself as this strange fellow drains off the last of her water. At least lets hope that's the reason he's like this. Looking toward Unit 16, Ryda gives a slight shrug and follows the newest patron up to the bar, both to help him along, and to acquire a new drink for herself. Don't feel too bad Brews, I don't think your water is foul. A bit on the warm side, but not foul.

Sir, she says turning to the kalashatar, I hear if you stand on your head while you guzzle, you get the same effect for only half as much drink. A slight smile creaps onto her face as she gets a bit closer to him. Just think of the coin you'll save, and what you can do with it... Snapping up her new water, she smuggly trots back to her table and resumes her supper.

bfiggins

First Post
Minkahar takes a tumbler of rotgut from Brews, seemingly calmer as soon as he has the beverage in hand. He acknowledges Ryda's comment with a startlingly clear and direct gaze. "Say, I've heard of that! It is a good trick, a great time-saver. Now I have the measure of you without even the need to waste my time in conversation."

He downs the entire tumbler in a single go, and the whispers which have been flitting about his mind die away in a drowning gurgle.
"I'm a mess, and you're unkind. I'm hoping that neither condition really reflects who we are. I propose we start over."

He gives a little shiver, then sets about with calm and grace to do the things that polite people do - he secures and peace-ties his halberd, removes his cloak and straightens the mail underneath, settles down his wind-tousled hair into something closer to 'soldier' than 'lunatic.' "Good evening. Fine weather we're having, isn't it? How has your day been?"

Mezegis

First Post
Unkind am I? My humblest appologies for attempting a slight ruse on someone who stole my drink. She replies dryly, stopping her meal.

But I agree, perhaps a more direct conversation. My day has been fairly boring outside of your intriguing entrance and Susan's personality revelation. The name is Ryda? Who might you be, and are you a hirer or hopeful hiree? She offers her hand to the newcomer, and if taken, offers a slight squeeze, but nothing that could be seen as a testing of strength.

bfiggins

First Post
"You're Susan?" He addresses Unit 16 without surprise, but licks his lips nervously as he tries to pick out words that won't offend. "I'm sorry to manhandle you on the way in...ma'am."

"And I..." he pauses, glancing around at the patrons and decorations of the Tower's Shard. A thought slips: An Adventurer's Bar! "Hiree! Definitely here to get signed up and out of town as soon as I can." His eyes flicker to the door, and back to Ryda. "I can get a little...stir-crazy." Yes, she knows. You looked like an ass.

He removes his glove and takes her hand - a weak grip, without any real strength behind it. "Ryda, I appreciate your humility, and now I'm glad to make your acquaintance. I'm known as Minkahar."

evilbob

Explorer
"I am Unit 16. I would be pleased if you call me Susan. I do not need the designation: ma'am. I am unsure as to whether or not I have enjoyed meeting you. The current outside temperature is tolerable for humanoids." Unit 16 looks strangely at the newcomer. Perhaps this one is also new to conversations? he thinks.

"We are here seeking employment."

Mezegis

First Post
Now Unit 16, are you telling us you want two…what was that word.. ah!.. are you telling us you want two different designations? Are you both Unit 16 and Susan? Most people only go by one to prevent any confusion. Now, you can add a second designation as a family name, like Ryda Sureshot, to which she visible blanches over the notion, or Brews Glass-shatterer. If you like Susan, which I think doesn’t quite fit you, you could maintain both names and go with Susan 16? What do you think?

bfiggins

First Post
Easily distracted by the new conversation thread, Minkahar latches onto it...forgetting again that people use their lips to talk.
It makes sense. Susan, tell me if I've got this right. You ARE Unit 16. But you would like us to call you Susan.
He explains to Ryda, sounding as if he were reading from a textbook. "These Cannith Warforged are made, not born. So it might be correct to say she's Unit 16, in the same way it would be correct to call someone...say, 'Second-Born of the family of Smith.' Accurate, but dull."
To the point: Susan's a fine name, and a good choice for yourself. Stick with it, it'll do you well.

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=bfiggins]I'm kinda losing track of what you are saying telepathically and what is said verbally, and who the target is for your telepathic speach. I haven't checked to see if you have the mass group feat, so if your mental text is to everyone I'll react accordingly, but currently I'm a bit lost as to what Ryda has heard and what she hasn't. I've not been responding to your mental chatter since I was unaware it was directed at me.[/sblock]

bfiggins

First Post
[sblock=bfiggins]I'm kinda losing track of what you are saying telepathically and what is said verbally, and who the target is for your telepathic speach. I haven't checked to see if you have the mass group feat, so if your mental text is to everyone I'll react accordingly, but currently I'm a bit lost as to what Ryda has heard and what she hasn't. I've not been responding to your mental chatter since I was unaware it was directed at me.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mind bullets]It's all projected as if he's speaking out loud. It'll be clear if there's directed telepathy going on.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads