• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna nods and signals for another drink. "Indeed it will be nice to have another body in the mix that doesn't shred like paper when slashed at. With Olaf and Gretta joining the fight there will be quite a few extra targets to distract the enemy from our blasters, that will be guarding this drawing we seek. I will have to pick up a bow since I traded away my throwing shield, before we board the flying boat."

[sblock=OOC]yah with the avalanche mordenkrad and dire boar, Rohna will be focusing much more on getting off as many charge attacks as she can. I'm heading for the "rampaging brute" paragon path now. Mitra will lose effectiveness in the next couple of lvls so I'll be retraining my multiclass feat to barbarian at 10th. I was considering an arcane multiclass to get a familiar too, but would have to devote 3 stat bumps to do it (8th/11th/12th lvl) which draws too much away from her core concept.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Shava gave Rohna an unaproving look of disbelief. "That dragon was singling me out, I'll have you know." She crosses her armsin front of her, obviously insulted. "Must have sensed my awe-inspiring power."

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda weathers the mental barrage, and sighs audibly, [sblock=Telepathy]Fine, if you insist on doing it this way. I learned a great deal about you. Your horrified look showed me you like to keep things private, and are a bit unsure of your place. The indignation tells me you have a backbone, and your insistence at doing this in each others head confirms it, the feeling of concern shows me you worry about how people view you, which means you aren’t the most confident of people in these types of situations, and curiosity confirms what you have been saying about seeing new people, things, and hearing stories. The concern you show towards your not boyfriend is nice, it means you haven’t been jaded by the world yet. I understand why you use this gift you have, and do not fault you, just ask that if we continue in each others company, you use your voice first, and your headspeaking only if necessary.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
A mild look of mirthful confusion crosses Unit 16's face as Ryda begins to tell his "tale." He alternates between looks of surprise, nearly laughter, and finally, a sense of embarrassment.

"I - I..." Clearly flustered, Unit 16 looks like he's in completely new territory. His mouth starts and stops a few times but no words form. For a moment he is completely unable to respond as others cheer him on and Ryda looks on mischievously.

Finally, he manages to get out, "It was not... She was... She felled the beast! I merely... got in its way." Unsure how to act he continues to remain seated as the wheels are clearly turning in his head. "I would not be here if not for them," he meekly adds, looking at Jarren and Ryda.

[sblock=ooc]HILARIOUS! I would give you 10 XP if the site would let me, Mezegis! :)[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren bursts into laughter, having suppressed his mirth throughout Ryda's telling of the tale. "If you ever lose your eye for a shot, you can always be a bard," he chuckles to Ryda.

"As entertaining as that was, I'm not sure it was quite what you were looking for," he says to Talkrai. "You might be better off hearing that story that Susan promised you in his own words."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Shava gave Rohna an unaproving look of disbelief. "That dragon was singling me out, I'll have you know." She crosses her armsin front of her, obviously insulted. "Must have sensed my awe-inspiring power."
Tondrek, bored of all the conversation, has been starting to make something else out of the table's utensils. This time, it starts to look like an articulated fist. When Shava speaks, he mumbles, I infuserized Pointy Half-Ear. She got better.

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai raised an eyebrow at Ryda, as if she debated some of what was said.

[sblock=telepathy to Ryda]"Methinks our opinions of 'necessary' may differ, but I'll try."[/sblock]

Meanwhile she found the story interesting and Unit 16's reaction to it more-so.

"Based on the reaction that story got, I think you may be right,"
she said to Jarren. Turning to Unit 16 she said, "Would you mind telling me about that battle we were discussing? It would be good to hear your point of view, and as I said, I'm interested to see how such might differ here from what I'm used to back home."

Vertexx69

First Post
The little goliath lets loose a bark of a "HA!" before she can stop herself. "I was thinking of the battle before that when Tamarand went charging into the middle of all those undead and got himself roasted right after I warned everyone to be extra cautious." She looks to the newcomers. "He was a sorcerer mind you, not a barbarian or a fighter like myself. He dropped like a cotton ball dropped into a campfire. It was quite the pitched battle as well. wading through clouds of darkness and fireballs. You remember? those flaming skulls were tough..."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As Tondrek adjusts the thumb on his creation, he mutrees, Blow away baddies. Elanamental air. Gust gust phewwww...

rb780nm

First Post
"But killing the abominable ones is a great goal. Fighting those who have broken the cycle is holy work." interjects kal'Tarron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads