• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: So, as a completely random topic, I checked the old thread "LEB Tavern Patrons" and saw it wasn't updated last by twilsemail in August of 2011.

First, I want to give a shout out to [MENTION=79628]twilsemail[/MENTION] Awesome player, funny and his absence is a loss.

Second, Czern, Alexia and Tondrek were all there in the tavern then. Eight months ago. Waiting.

Third, it seems the only sure fire way to mark your exit from our PBP environment is to initiate a long standing thread or post that needs monitoring. I would like to give another quick shout out to [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] in that regard.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Ok, Deimos is currently on an adventure and no longer preparing, but not bad in the light of my forgetfulness for such details. Varis is still looking.

FourMonos

First Post
The door to the tavern opened slightly as the old halfling shuffled in. While it is true that the many adventurers stand out as they burst, sneak or teleport into Tavern's Shard, most normal folk simple walk quietly into the bar. Just like the halfling did now, slowly shuffling for his familiar table. Some might recognize the halfling from his previous long visits to the tavern. In truth, it seems the old fellow was in the Shard more than not. A constant, unremarkable part of the background.

Brews, however, reacts as soon as the white haired halfling enters the bar.

"Master Shageon! What luck, I was just asking these gentleman to find you!"

Brews hustles over to the old halfling and directs him over to River and the fallen guard.

As they are walking by Rumbum and Amarande, Rumbum is knocked heavily in the forehead by the passing halfling's walking staff. "Don't be playin' with sharp axes like that, you'll cut your finger off."

Brews addresses the shifter healer, "River, this is Shageon Gladdenstone, a retired healer. I was hoping he might help you to save this guard's life."

[sblock=Velmont]
Shageon Gladdenstone is a legendary healer of House Jorasco, originally hailing from the Talenta plains. He retired long ago. The legends of his healing prowess are either small pieces of miracle or downright lies. He hasn't been heard of in years, thought dead by those who knew him.
[/sblock]

The halfling shuffles closer to the prone guard, but as the guard lies on the table, the halfling climbs slowly on the chair and leans over the fallen guard. He holds his hands gently over the chest and inspects the wound in the axilla.

"Yes, yes, well he's been poisoned now hasn't he? You're doing an impressive job of keeping him alive, but it is just delaying the inevitable if you don't have the antidote."

OOC: CALL TO ADVENTURE! (for Poisoned to the Core). I received the second approval for the adventure. Just need [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] to enter the tavern to get the team together.

Voda Vosa

First Post
There is an eerie silence in the tavern, as everyone almost fall from their chairs, trying to hear what the renown, yet unremarkable halfling says about the fallen guard. Everyone is at the edge of their seats...
Suddenly, the silence is broken by a tremendous burp. Like a wooden ship broken in two by lightning, the disgusting sound makes the windows reverberate, the children cry, and the hair curl. Accompanied by a loud laughing, the perpetrator of such feat walks, rather, stomps into the tavern. He's red haired dwarf, carrying an impressive belly. Under one arm, there's a, now empty, small barrel, it's content probably intoxicating. Under the other arm there's a head, well attached to the rest of the body, that the dwarf is dragging behind. "Oi! Never 'ad sush fun in me life, NEVER! What a brawl! Harharhar..." the dwarf mutters, one eye more closed than the other, and swollen. Muzdum loosens his grip on the other person's neck, letting the dead weight of the beaten, unconscious orc fall to the ground. The dwarf tries to take a swing from the small barrel, but alas its empty. Deception, anger, envy, and other mixed emotions crossed his face, that went from frowning, to scowling to smiling and everything in the middle.
"I need medical attention." he finally said, as he slumps on a chair.

OOC: Muzdum has entered the tavern.

renau1g

First Post
"You look like you could use another, let me help out" Amarande calls out, gesturing for another cask to replace the now empty one that fell from the dwarf's hands.

The man keeps his eye on the halfling though, interested to see what the frail small man can accomplish or what he and the shifter discuss

dimsdale

First Post
As they are walking by Rumbum and Amarande, Rumbum is knocked heavily in the forehead by the passing halfling's walking staff. "Don't be playin' with sharp axes like that, you'll cut your finger off."

Yes...Rumbum must be careful with new axe...very sharp. After listening to the healer talking about the poison. Rumbum help find antidote...yes?

ooc: Just checking if Rumbum can level up to 8.

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok stands on a chair, carefully placing himself several paces away from the healers and far from Rumbum. It isn't his finger I'm worried about...

OOC: Pok is going to follow River.

Remove ads