TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I think the best and safest option is therapy while slowly reexposing you to your memories, hoping that one will crack the grip of the distortion and jog your memory. There are more dangerous ideas that would also be faster if they work, but the safer the better when dealing with Chronomancy, I always say!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I can't say if that would be helpful, though it might make the condition worse, so it should not be considered unless safer ideas have failed. The Crux is still around, but it is quiescent, so it hasn't been dangerous."

Erekose13

Explorer
"You mention faster ways, what might you have in mind? I can't shake the feeling that my friends still need me and while I've met Rinaldo's wife and now you Laynie, I just can't get it out of my head."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, forceful chronotonal emission exposure comes to mind. Of course, that has a greater than even chance of utterly annihilating you, so you'll see why I'm not really considering it."

*Kiara's eyes widen at the mention of the great danger, but she stays silent and lets Tenebrynn continue the conversation.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, well, not simply, no. As you would remember if not for the unfortunate amnesia, Chronomancy is so dangerous because the temporal distortions we seek to master exist simultaneously in a multidimensional space in which we mortals can only travel in one direction. Dispelling temporal anomalies now will not work because they exist before and they exist after, as is there way. That is why even the greatest minds still suffer catastrophic failure when they attempt to bend time to their will...like Mother. It would take more than a magical Dispel--it would require theoretical Nulltime which might possibly be created by the procedure I mentioned earlier, if it isn't fatal."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"She was just barely destroyed with heavy casualties, though they were Raised. Rinaldo brought in Rayne Liore to help--oh, do you not know who that is due to amnesia?"

[SBLOCK=Knowledge Arcana DC 15]Rayne Liore is the author of the landmark text on Evocation Mastering the Energy of the Cosmos

[SBLOCK=Knowledge Arcana DC 18]Rayne Liore is a Professor at the Academy of the Chromatic Order

[SBLOCK=Knowledge Arcana DC 20]Rayne Liore is the Housemistress of the Academy's Daryne wing.[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Remove ads