TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, darling. Let's go--Brynhild and Gudrun are waiting."

*Kiara leads Tenebrynn over to a small clearing outside of town, where there are two magnificent white pegasi munching on some grass. One of the pegasi looks up and sees Tenebrynn and Kiara approach, and then its form shifts and transforms into a long-haired pale-blonde haired woman wearing a pure white shift.*

"Tenebrynn--greetings! Kiara told me about your problem. So you don't remember me at all? That's okay. It's been a while since I had a good travel request. I'll take good care of you on your trip to Medibaria. Ready to go?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Completely unprepared for both pegasi and shapeshifters, he just stares dumbfounded for a moment before replying, "Uh, yeah, I mean, um, yes please let's go."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The pegasus/woman/whatever laughs at Tenebrynn's awkward dumbfounded stare.*

"Oh, Kia, I forgot how cute he is when he's clueless--you should remember this. Once we get him fixed up, clueless is the last look we're going to see on our 'Archdiviner Tenebrynn', isn't it?"

*Kiara nods and tries to smile, but it is clear she is still troubled about this. Perhaps she is worried that Tenebrynn will never remember her.*

"Gudrun, you have to assume Humanoid form too so we can cast Tireless Journey, the other pegasus becomes a maiden as well and casts a spell that takes but a minute, and then the first nods and calls out exultantly, "Alright, let's get on our way!"

"Remember to hold on, Tenebrynn," she winks at him, and then they both transform back into pegasi.

*Tenebrynn manages to climb onto her back, and he is barely able to get his bearings before she lets out a loud whinny and takes off, gaining altitude slowly at first before picking up incredible speeds, the wind rushing through Tenebrynn's and Kiara's hair with a great refreshing stream of air. They are moving faster than Tenebrynn has ever remembered traveling before, though after an hour or two of that, they slow down to about half that pace, probably making sure they don't tire themselves out. They stop mid-afternoon to rest, landing on a peaceful meadow.*

"Alright, we're about halfway there, my love. Now you make sure to get plenty of rest and let me take care of you. I did bring the cookies and pastries and a picnic basket for a late lunch if you like," Kiara offers.

(OOC: When he's ready to go for the next day, feel free to fast forward to that if you like)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okey dokey)

*The cookies are delicious--they seem to be made exactly to Tenebrynn's tastes and preferences, so they are easily his favourite cookies that he's eaten. After resting and repreparing his spells, they return to their rapid flight, and they reach Medibaria proper in the early afternoon, just as the two pegasi have to stop to take a rest. The pegasus/girl/whatever-she-is that Tenebrynn was riding shifts back into human form.*

"Alright you two lovebirds--are you good from here on in? We could assume human shape and come with you, but otherwise we'll just wait out here. Have fun at the Academy."

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn thanks the two pegasi girls as he and Kiara head towards the Academy. He pauses a moment though and looks around to see if he can figure out where the Academy actually is. He's never actually been there and is not sure what it even looks like.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The New City of Medibaria is built directly against the ruins of the Old City, and Kiara directs Tenebrynn towards those ruins. The ruins seem to be missing pieces, in small part due to crumbling, in larger part due to the acquisition of the stones to help build structures in the new city.*

*They continue onward, and eventually, they see a huge building complex, towering over the rest of the ruins like a fortress among the rubble, and in some ways, it is a fortress. Almost completely intact despite signs of great age, the Academy is composed of a main castle-like complex in the centre and four tall towers topped with spires, each looking like a stereotypical Wizard's Tower that children would read about in storybooks, one on each corner. Strange wisps of glowing coloured light flit about around the building, and there appears to be a large stable and gardens located on the far side of the Academy from the entrance, which Tenebrynn spots just ahead.*

*A wide ancient road, once well-traveled, leads directly to the entrance, a set of huge double doors inlaid with mystic symbols and engraved with bas relief scenes all over. Thick metal rings on the front are apparently used to open the door, but they seem far too large and heavy to be easily opened.*

*Kiara knocks on the door, and there is a soft rumbling, and a silvery metallic form rises out of the ground, looking a bit like a suit of armour or a man made of metal.*

"Quelth ryss tir ergrimar?" no mouth moves, but a voice comes forth from somewhere, speaking in a soft monotone in a strange tongue.

*Kiara responds in kind, and Tenebrynn picks out his name and hers.*

*The metal man stands still for a moment and then pulls open the door with the ring, making a loud grating sound as it pulls open. Then it sinks back down into the ground.*

*The Academy complex proper is well-furnished and well-lit, with a double sweeping carpeted stairway leading up to a balconied second level and beyond, a wide hallway leading straight ahead, two smaller hallways to each side, and doors along the halls.*

*A female student with a red-lined cloak walks down the wide hallway towards them.*

"Greetings and welcome to the Academy. Can I help you?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes, hello, er, my name is Sir Tenebrynn Glimmersight of Monemmvasia and I am here to petition the masters of the academy for assistance. About 10 years ago I ran into one of your former members who at the time was delving into Chronomancy. During that encounter I skipped forward 10 years ending up here either that or I have amnesia and have lost memory of that time. I am hoping that I might seek assistance from the Academy."

Remove ads