Tears in Hell (UPDATED OCTOBER 11th)

Who is your favorite Tears in Hell PC?

Puppy Kicker

First Post
Chapter 22 – Quin Got De-Fingered

9:45 AM, Wednesday, July 21st
Riverside General Hospital

“How are you feeling?”

Devin was sitting next to Rebecca’s bed. The doctors were done and she was stitched up. Her face and chest were severely damaged, but she was going to be all right.

“I’ve been better. Can I have a mirror, Devin?”

“Oh, Becca…” Devin shuffled his feet and looked at the floor. “Why don’t you just get some more sleep…”

“Pretty bad?” Rebecca reached up and gently touched the stitches on her face.

Devin looked up again. “You got cut up pretty bad, yeah.”

“Will it get better?”

“Doctors say it should heal. You can leave today if you need.”

“Good enough then. Lisa?”

Devin walked over to the window and stared at the closed blinds. “They got her…” His hands were clenched behind his back. “Well, she got away anyway. I don’t even know if they really helped. She’s strong, Becca. She’s not right.” He turned around again. “She threatened to kill us all.”

“We’ll save her, Devin.”

“Sure we will.” He wiped his eyes as Meadow and Armani walked into the room.

“How are you feeling, Rebecca?” Meadow asked.

“Lookin’ good, girlie. Hey, we f***ed up your car.”

“I’m feeling better, Meadow, just… what about my car?”

Meadow and Armani explained what they’d found at Professor Gallivan’s house and the side effects that had gotten all over Rebecca’s car. Meadow mentioned that she had looked over the book a bit, but it had given her headaches, so she’d given up “just for now.”

“Quin back yet?” Rebecca asked.

The others looked at each other. “When did he leave?”

“He was going to close out the old hotel room.” Rebecca looked around for her purse before realizing she was equipped with nothing more than a hospital robe. “Uh, Meadow?”

Meadow scowled. “Sure, I’ll call him.” She left the room, rummaging in her bag. A couple minutes later she came back. “No answer. Probably forgot he was supposed to check out and is still sleeping there.”

Rebecca inched her way out of bed. “The way things have been going I don’t think we can assume that.” She stood up. “I think we ought to go check it out.”

Armani inched to the other side of the bed, behind Rebecca. “Yeah, I think girlie’s right…”

“Oh, great to have YOU on my side… what are you LOOKING at!” Rebecca spun around and glared at Armani, clamping the back of the hospital gown shut with both hands. “You are just… arrggggg… GROSS.”

Meadow sighed. “Let’s just go check the hotel out. You ought to stay here, Rebecca. You’re still a little beat up.”

“Oh, I can’t stay in this little room with lecherous little thugs trying to get in my pants. Let’s go.”

●​

9:45 AM, Wednesday, July 21st
Motel 6, Newport News, Virginia

Quin, Armani, Devin and Meadow stood gazing into the shattered passenger window of a shiny BMW M3. It was parked in the back lot of the Motel 6, mostly obscured from the casual observer by a couple of trees.

“Oh God oh God oh God oh God…” Rebecca stammered as she backed away from the Beemer’s broken window, unable to remove her eyes from the nastiness lying on the passenger seat.

“Guess the motherf***er ran across the wrong guys. Tough s**t.” Armani nonchalantly picked up the severed finger and gave it a squeeze. The bloody stump was fully congealed and no blood oozed out. Armani squeezed it harder just in case. “Oh, a note.”

Armani leaned into the broken window of Quinton’s BMW and pulled a note from the bloody passenger seat. A couple minutes ago he had used a nearby rock to shatter the window and had gotten a little cut on his finger in the process. He sucked at the wound while he read the note.

“I haf’ your fr’e’d. Do not ca’ da po’ice.” Armani looked around at the confused looks. He pulled his finger out of this mouth and continued. “Do not call anyone else. Call 757-445-6301. I want the gem, you want your friend. We will arrange a deal.”

“Let’s call it!” Devin said.

"What gem?" Rebecca asked.

“Let’s get the f*** out of here first.” Armani looked around, warily. “I just busted the window on a pricey car. Someone’s gonna f***in’ care and they’re gonna call the f***in’ cops.”

Rebecca nodded. “Yeah, let’s hop in the car and get out of here.” She watched in horror as Armani tossed the finger in the air and tried to catch it behind his back. He missed and it fell to the dirty pavement. He quickly snatched it up. Rebecca covered her mouth. “You don’t need to bring that, Armani.”

Meadow stepped forward, eyes wide. “Yes, we DO!” She grabbed the finger from Armani and pulled some tissue from her bag. “Quin might want it.”

Armani grinned. “Yeah, a f***in’ memento of our lovely time together.”

“No, thug-d**khead, to have it reattached.”

Devin opened his mouth. He was going to say “No, Meadow. The finger has obviously been severed for quite some time and there is no realistic way it can be reattached. In fact, the chances of us finding Quin alive are pretty close to nothing. In fact, we’re probably wasting our time even pursuing this and we ought to concentrate on activities that will not get any of us shot in the head.”

Instead he said, “Yeah, let’s keep it for Quin. He might want it.” Meadow wrapped the finger in tissue and gently placed it in her bag.

They all piled into Rebecca’s Grand Am and covered their noses – the vomit smell was especially pungent before the A/C kicked in – and discussed their plans while Devin pulled the car away from the scene of the crime.

Last edited:

johndaw16

Explorer
Hey man, good to see the story hour back in action. Funny enough mine has fallen by the wayside as well. Coincidentlly my party in our d20 game spent inordinate amounts of time stuck in Riverside recovering. Keep up the good work.

Later

Remove ads