Telgrothia: A Song of Savagery & Heroism (D&D 3.5)

jbproctor

First Post
You slowly open your eyes and blink several times as you try to get adjusted to the low light. Your eye lids feel heavy as if you have been in a deep sleep. As you turn your head to take in the surroundings an sharp excruciating pain pulses up your neck into the back of your head. The pain causes you to feel dizzy and your eyes being to water slightly. As you go to touch the back of your head you notice that you are unable to as your hands have been bound behind you by what feels like rope. You look down at your feet and see that they have been shackled together and are tied to the floor by a rusty chain.

Light beams down through the wooden floor boards above you. It is just enough light for you to be able to see your immediate surroundings. The air feels hot and stale and smells of salt. You seem to be holed up in some sort of supply room containing wooden oak barrels and burlap sacks. Above you various ropes and chains are tied to and hanging from the floor joists. The room begins to creak as it rocks back and forth ever so slightly. To your left and right you notice that there are three others who are being held captive along with you.They seem to be either unconscious or sleeping...or maybe dead. You do not recognize them, nor do you have any recollection of where you are or how you came to be here.

OOC: I am DM'ing this campaign for my 4 friends. Which ever one of them is the first to post will take the perspective of the character who has just come to.

When posting please have any spoken dialogue in written in italics.

Last edited:

Da Quiz

First Post
Priority One: Freedom

Where am I? I mutter to mutter to myself. I have to get free.
I check for the weapon by my side where it always is. To no surprise I'm sure I don't find it there. I realize the worst.
I'm captured... Inconceivable
Well I can't cut myself free. I say with urgency as I feel naked without a weapon, and bound. I feel helpless. Almost hopeless.
I attempt to work my way out of the rope behind my back. (Escape Artist check I don't know how to roll for in PBP)
I just need to get myself free and my hands on a spear. These poor devils have no chance against a warrior such as I.

jbproctor

First Post
The raptoran is able to dislocated his wrist's and wriggle them free from the ropes that had been holding him. He tries to slide his feet free from the iron shackles that have begun to dig into his ankles but is unsuccessful in doing so. Looking down at himself he sees that he is wearing rags and all of his personal belongings are missing. To his left he hears a hushed groan coming from the tied up elf and notices dried blood caked on the side of his face. The other captives are also clothed in similar tattered dirty rags.

jbproctor

First Post
As the raptoran whispers towards the elf things begin to walk overhead on the floor above causing shadows to dance across the dimly lit room. Voices can be overheard bickering back and forth at one another from above.

"Hey, no drinking while on patrol you idiot. The captain will throw you in the hole if he catches you."

"Arye the captain can sod off for all I care."He isn't paying us enough to not drink har har!

Aramalian

Explorer
Out Of His Element

OOC: Teal text is my character's speech. Italics are the other speaker's, until he chooses a color.

Someone was shouting upstairs.

Who was shouting upstairs? (under his breath) "If this innkeeper doesn't quiet them down, he'll not get the rest of my coin."

Too poor to afford a room, the elf had slept under a table in the corner of the inn's common room.

Hey elf... do you know any more than I do? Where are we? Who are you? Who are the rest of these poor souls?

(under his breath) Great.. now one of the drunks is flirting with me in his sleep. SPLENDID. I'm getting out of here before this gets any worse.

The elf tries to sit up, and moans softly. He tries to hold his head, but his hands won't come out from behind his back.

Amonta da'toya! Ehlonnalik'tai nar senek'tar!

[sblock=Translation]Goddess damn it! Ehlonna, I'm so out of it here I don't even know where here is![/sblock]

He fingered the ropes extending from his wrists towards the wall, while with his keen elven vision he looked at the lump that hadn't yet stirred.

Whispered: Hey -- I'm Ali. From the way my head feels right now, I think we got dockrolled last night. And if I'm not mistaken, this guy isn't gonna make it much longer if I can't get loose and see to him.

Last edited:

Da Quiz

First Post
Friends?

OOC: I choose red for my speech

Well met Ali, my name is Thokas.
*extends hand to greet Ali*

If we can get free and my hands on a spear I know the men upstairs are no match for me when sober, much less slobbering drunk.

Have you seen a key?
*I take a look around myself*

OOC: Spot check 13 to look for a key or weapon

Aramalian

Explorer
The elf tugs meaningfully at the ropes, where his hands are still bound behind his back. He scans the small storeroom, looking the other direction from the raptoran.

OOC: Please roll a Spot check for Ali, looking for something sharp to point out to Thokas (take his Superior Low-Light Vision into account)

May the richness of Ehlonna bless your travels, Thokas. While speaking, the elf attempts to extend his legs as far as the chains will allow, to reach towards the still-immobile figure that seems to be bleeding from some sort of head trauma.

Last edited:

Aramalian

Explorer
The Awakening of a Furious Honor (for Aaron, who still can't get registered for some reason)

Hattori Hanzo slowly opens his glowing, metallic eyes.

Where am I?

He sees nothing but blackness and starts to lift himself off the wooden planks, but realizes his hands are tied together. Then his confusion quickly turns into anger when he realizes what these men have done to him, how they have taken away his freedom; and more, his most prized possession, the daisho that was given to him by his creator; and most importantly, his honor.

These men have stolen my honor and I will reclaim it through their blood!

Then in great anger, he tries to burst the bonds of rope around his wrists.

OOC: (rolled a 23 strength check)

Aramalian

Explorer
While searching the room for some kind of sharp object, Ali'cor had passed over what looked like a suit of black armor. Too far to reach and way to heavy to drag.

So... when the armor BEGAN TO MOVE BY ITSELF, he became rather agitated.

What in the queen's name is that, Thokas? Do you see this?!?

Last edited:

Remove ads